hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by CallumLaidlaw View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    From what I can work out, Stokes was booked for the incident with Tavernier, but wasn't punished for the incident with Jack. I think he'll get pulled up for that.

Dorrans was booked in that incident wasn't he? In which case I cant see any further action taken against him.

And then there's Jack, Rangers have appealed but I honestly can't see how they'll win it. They probably will tho
    A lot of talk on twitter suggesting that the Sevco tactic is to make the next ref think twice before sending a Sevco player off. Refs are only human and i would agree that this whole sorry mess could be to intimidate them.

Equally Lennon was an easy scapegoat which deflected criticism away from the poor performance of Pedro's People. Reporting another manager to the cops during a game for celebrating? What an absolute pussy.

Sending off should stand as it was (I didn't think so at the time) the correct decision. Chaos reigns if it's overturned. A win win for the huns either way. If its rescinded then it vindicates them, if it's not it's proof absolute that they are being cheated.
    Last edited by The Falcon; 15-08-2017 at 06:08 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Stokes won't be cited. Lennon faces a charge though.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Falcon View Post
    A lot of talk on twitter suggesting that the Sevco tactic is to make the next ref think twice before sending a Sevco player off. Refs are only human and i would agree that this whole sorry mess could be to intimidate them.

Equally Lennon was an easy scapegoat which deflected criticism away from the poor performance of Pedro's People. Reoprting another manager to the cops during a game for celebrating? What an absolute pussy.
    Of course it is, it's the first time against a club apart from Celtic they haven't had the rub of the green at Ibrox i can remember in my life. The glory seeking entitled bigots really really can't take it. They grew up on them on top, the media pandering and them getting every decision and they really can't take or understand how ***** they are now.

Equally Lennon was an easy scapegoat which deflected criticism away from the poor performance of Pedro's People. Reoprting another manager to the cops during a game for celebrating? What an absolute pussy.
    When I watched the first half replay on Rangers TV thought their commentators sidekick was somewhat careless revealing he thought it was good that the referee never took action against McGeough because it meant late in the game one of their players could hammer a Hibs player and would get away with it.

The beautiful game indeed :)

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Of course it is, it's the first time against a club apart from Celtic they haven't had the rub of the green at Ibrox i can remember in my life. The glory seeking entitled bigots really really can't take it. They grew up on them on top, the media pandering and them getting every decision and they really can't take or understand how ***** they are now.
    That's all they're asking !!

I am going to stop calling them The Rangers and from now on call them Rangers 2012. That will piss them off big time. Of course they might start calling us Hibs 1892 but that's ok. A lot older than 2012

Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post

I am going to stop calling them The Rangers and from now on call them Sevco 2012. That will piss them off big time. Of course they might start calling us Hibs 1892 but that's ok. A lot older than 2012
    Fixed that for you......

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by SanFranHibs View Post

I am going to stop calling them The Rangers and from now on call them Rangers 2012. That will piss them off big time. Of course they might start calling us Hibs 1892 but that's ok. A lot older than 2012
    Haha. You can imagine not even a blink of an eye all year every year they get decisions. I always thought bad winners were the worst but a bad hun loser is the worst in mankind.

Stokes might face a ban if SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan decides on disciplinary action against Stokes for his role in Saturday's events.

McGlennan is due to lodge charges by 3pm today (Tuesday).

Same will apply to Neil Lennon.
    Last edited by emerald green; 15-08-2017 at 06:50 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    Stokes might face a ban if SFA compliance officer Tony McGlennan decides on disciplinary action against Stokes for his role in Saturday's events.

Did you just say 'lodge' charges?

Quote Originally Posted by xyz23jc View Post
    Did you just say 'lodge' charges?
    Oh s***! 6 game ban then.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Surely if there was to be a retrospective ban it would have happened before now given that we play on Saturday and wouldn't give us much time to prepare if he is banned.

Surely it's too late for anything to be raised now? If it was, it would seriously impact on our ability to appeal ahead of this weekend, thus undermining the fairness and transparency of the process...

Equally Lennon was an easy scapegoat which deflected criticism away from the poor performance of Pedro's People. Reporting another manager to the cops during a game for celebrating? What an absolute pussy.

Sending off should stand as it was (I didn't think so at the time) the correct decision. Chaos reigns if it's overturned. A win win for the huns either way. If its rescinded then it vindicates them, if it's not it's proof absolute that they are being cheated.
    Your crediting them with more intelligence than they actually have. This just how they react. It's instinctive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Iggy Pope View Post
    Spot on. Someone in a frenzy comes at you, the least you are going to do is lift your arms (your hands being on the end of each) to fend him off. A long time since I seen any footballer worth his salt play the game with his arms fixed to his sides (although.....there was one notable exception that a lot of Leithers may recall from a particularly good amateur and his prosthetic arm back in the mists....and he would have had Dorrans head off).
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Now that jogs the memory a bit. I remember the guy and think i played against him, late 80's maybe. Very good player indeed.

As for the Stokes thing. You're right, it's human nature to want to protect oneself against someone coming at you like raging bull. No further punishment for Stokes. All seem by the ref during the course of the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by tamsonsbairn View Post
    Is the guy you are talking about, first name Franny, i can't for the love of me remember his second name. was at school with the guy and when playing against him if you got the stump of his arm in your back you would know all about it, Ahh, franny martin seems to ring a bell.
    We are all of a similar age so must be the same guy. Played against him a couple of times in the BBs and then again in boys football till about 77. I'm sure he played for Royston BC but wasn't around when I played there a couple of years.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post

With a name like that we will be fine

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    The 3pm deadline has passed, does that mean we're fine?

No press conference to announce the charges?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Has Ryan Jacks red been overturned? Otherwise this makes no sense:

Top flight referees John Beaton and Craig Thomson will drop into the Championship this weekend after receiving flak for dishing out red cards at Ibrox and McDiarmid Park, respectively. (Sun)

@hibs.net private member
    Radio last night (BBC) never mentioned anything about retrospective charges against stokes.

Also said the appeals are heard on Thursday and that they don't expect Jack's appeal to be upheld.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    Has Ryan Jacks red been overturned? Otherwise this makes no sense:

Top flight referees John Beaton and Craig Thomson will drop into the Championship this weekend after receiving flak for dishing out red cards at Ibrox and McDiarmid Park, respectively. (Sun)
    In fairness it could potentially be to take them out the limelight a little bit following the amount of eyes that would be watching them after all the media coverage of their red cards last weekend?

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    In fairness it could potentially be to take them out the limelight a little bit following the amount of eyes that would be watching them after all the media coverage of their red cards last weekend?
    Which would be a good idea.

I seem to remember Alan Muir having an absolute howler last season, and following it up with an even worse performance the following week when all eyes were on him.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    The 3pm deadline has passed, does that mean we're fine?

No press conference to announce the charges?
    That appeared to indicate Tuesday 3pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I seem to remember Alan Muir having an absolute howler last season, and following it up with an even worse performance the following week when all eyes were on him.
    Not sure with that ref it really mattered how many were watching him.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    That appeared to indicate Tuesday 3pm?

Yup. It would appear that we're all OK.

Which must be very irritating to the Morlocks ...

They did it to themselves -

• bating Neil Lennon non-stop or the first 20 minutes of the game
    • singing their filthy songs before KO,
    • going after Beaton demanding not only that he be disciplined but that he apologise publicly to The Rangers for his misdemeanours ("Please, O mighty mob of King Willie the Orange's finest, forgive me and cast me not out from the circle of your approbation ...")
    • starting a hate against Stokes (sorry, RESUMING their hate against Stokes)
    • reporting Neil to the polis who must surely now be getting tired of being used as SEVCO's Private Vigilante Squad
    • appealing a perfectly reasonable red card and demanding a replay on grounds of referee's failure to officiate in their favour as per usual
    • and then some plonker goes public with death threats ...

Oh yes - and their management team trying to get Neil arrested during the game - "Please Mr Polis, that bad wee man was standing on oor bit o gress an he frightened us ..."

And all because Neil cupped his ears at them ...
    Last edited by --------; 16-08-2017 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Yup. It would appear that we're all OK.

Which must be very irritating to the Morlocks ...

They did it to themselves -

• bating Neil Lennon non-stop or the first 20 minutes of the game
    • singing their filthy songs before KO,
    • going after Beaton demanding not only that he be disciplined but that he apologise publicly to The Rangers for his misdemeanours ("Please, O mighty mob of King Willie the Orange's finest, forgive me and cast me not out from the circle of your approbation ...")
    • starting a hate against Stokes (sorry, RESUMING their hate against Stokes)
    • reporting Neil to the polis who must surely now be getting tired of being used as SEVCO's Private Vigilante Squad
    • appealing a perfectly reasonable red card and demanding a replay on grounds of referee's failure to officiate in their favour as per usual
    • and then some plonker goes public with death threats ...

Oh yes - and their management team trying to get Neil arrested during the game - "Please Mr Polis, that bad wee man was standing on oor bit o gress an he frightened us ..."

And all because Neil cupped his ears at them ...
    Agree quite incredible really.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Agree quite incredible really.

Sadly not, Jim.

This is perfectly normal on Planet Billiboyz. All makes perfect sense to them.

One of them once told me in all seriousness, "Of course, you DO know that all five of the Famous Five were Rangers supporters?" And that Willy Waddle was a better footballer than Gordon Smith ...

Sorry - that's "Willie Waw-dell".

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Think I'm correct in saying, that they can only charge a player, if the referee didn't see it. As this was right in front of the ref, he can hardly say he didn't see it!

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Sadly not, Jim.

This is perfectly normal on Planet Billiboyz. All makes perfect sense to them.

One of them once told me in all seriousness, "Of course, you DO know that all five of the Famous Five were Rangers supporters?" And that Willy Waddle was a better footballer than Gordon Smith ...

Sorry - that's "Willie Waw-dell".
    WOW! never heard anyone spew that out before. My dad used to rant that WW wasn't fit to lace Gordon's boots yet he got picked for Scotland because he was a Hun. OK he didn't use the H word back then but I got the drift

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post
    WOW! never heard anyone spew that out before. My dad used to rant that WW wasn't fit to lace Gordon's boots yet he got picked for Scotland because he was a Hun. OK he didn't use the H word back then but I got the drift
    The old firm would normally be placed in front of players who deserved caps. Alex Edwards to name just one such player who was constantly overlooked and certainly deserved to be capped.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by ACLeith View Post

Nor had I. The occasion wasn't appropriate for a proper response - I just said that I thought he had been badly misinformed, but he insisted that it was so.

I think his mind couldn't accept the idea that anything or anyone considered legends of the Scottish game (as the FF certainly were) could possibly NOT have had a firm connection with Rangers. After all, Rangers and their supporters are THE PEEPUL, are they not?

So since none of Smith, Johnstone, Reilly, Turnbull, & Ormond played for them, they all must have supported them.

Otherwise the universe would be all wrong ...

I did manage to mention (later on) that my father's cousin by marriage Bobby Combe once scored 4 goals in one game against them (an 8-1 victory at ER during WW2) - and then the only goal in the return at Ibrox three weeks later. He didn't appreciate that morsel of historical data, I'm afraid.

Dad was at the 8-1, lucky so-an-so.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Alan Muir had a howler ? Surely no'.