hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by West lower View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Alan Muir had a howler ? Surely no'.
    2 in 2 weeks.

I can't remember the specifics, but I'm sure he made an awful decision in a Celtic game then the following week he may have been refereeing us, maybe even one of the Falkirk debacles.

Some had put the horrific performance in the second game down to the scrutiny from the previous week.

I think Muir has since gone on to prove though that he is just an utterly pish referee.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    The best part is when they have kept claiming he could have caused a riot - aye only because you bunch of bigoted ****s can't handle it.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Dad was at the 8-1, lucky so-an-so.
    So was mine. He told me that as he was going home afterwards someone stopped him to ask him the score, he told them and was threatened for being cheeky. It was only someone else walking past who confirmed it that saved him.

Obviously the aggressive guy was a jambo as even 75 years ago they couldn't accept the truth!!!!!!

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    For all the talk of Stokes being lucky to get away with a yellow for the wrestling with Tavernier, the hun tried to hit him in the face, which would've seen them both sent off.

Jack's grab at Mcgeough and headbutt at Stokes were both yellows, so a red was definitely fair.

First Team Breakthrough
    Stokes should have been sent off, it would be deluded to claim anything else.
    But he wasn't , and we humped them , again. We've been told often enough these things even themselves out over a season, well we've been waiting decades so hopefully we have a lot more decisions to come, we are well overdue them .

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 500miles View Post
    For all the talk of Stokes being lucky to get away with a yellow for the wrestling with Tavernier, the hun tried to hit him in the face, which would've seen them both sent off.

Jack's grab at Mcgeough and headbutt at Stokes were both yellows, so a red was definitely fair.
    No way a head butt would ever be a yellow.

Quote Originally Posted by AK86 View Post
    But he wasn't , and we humped them , again. We've been told often enough these things even themselves out over a season, well we've been waiting decades so hopefully we have a lot more decisions to come, we are well overdue them .
    Nail on head

@hibs.net private member 500miles's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    If it's interpreted as a "head to head" it may be.

Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Thought jack was a straight red for the head butt

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    2 in 2 weeks.

I can't remember the specifics, but I'm sure he made an awful decision in a Celtic game then the following week he may have been refereeing us, maybe even one of the Falkirk debacles.

Some had put the horrific performance in the second game down to the scrutiny from the previous week.

I think Muir has since gone on to prove though that he is just an utterly pish referee.
    I genuinely don't remember ever seeing Muir have a good game. He seemed to always influence the result of a game with shocking howlers. Glad to see the back of him.

I agree and difficult as it will be for Lennon to say do as I say not as I do, he must give Stokes a warning it is not good enough.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Now that jogs the memory a bit. I remember the guy and think i played against him, late 80's maybe. Very good player indeed.

As for the Stokes thing. You're right, it's human nature to want to protect oneself against someone coming at you like raging bull. No further punishment for Stokes. All seem by the ref during the course of the game.
    Stevie McNally. He even took a throw in better than me.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Nail on head
    I do believe that move - if pulled off - would mean jail-time ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Good post.

I thought Stokesy was a wee bit fortunate not to be sent off along with Jack. How many times has it went against us though, its countless the number of times strange decisions have gone against us especially against the huns. Though the rule of thumb for a ref should be extra leniency shown for the team playing against the huns as the other teams have to put up with the endless bigotry and prejudice being spat out from the neanderthals in the stands.