hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074

Fringe Show 1902

Anyone seen it yet?

Dunno what it's like yet, starts in 10 mins, so I'll report back afterwards, but so far the venue has some nice old Hibs strips dotted about (le coq sportif ones)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone seen it yet?

Dunno what it's like yet, starts in 10 mins, so I'll report back afterwards, but so far the venue has some nice old Hibs strips dotted about (le coq sportif ones)

Was going to go on Saturday but didn't manage to fit it in If you post your thoughts on the performance i may go next weekend

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Intending to go this week - would appreciate a review.

Gamer IDs

Just back from the show, I wasn't sure what to expect but here goes. It's in an intimate wee venue, with seating all around, not your usual everyone facing the stage thing. It was a nice wee story about 4 boys getting tickets for the cup final, and as you can imagine, doesn't quite go to plan.
    Nice bit of am-dram, nice wee bits of humour and a few of our favourite songs get a little airing (yes even SOL at the end).

It's even possible that it actually happened (well maybe not but I could see it actually happening).

It lasts about 1 1/2 hours so a wee bit longer than the average fringe show.
    Overall I really enjoyed it, and if you like going to fringe shows, and like hearing about Hibs winning the cup against The Rangers (and let's face it, who doesn't) then go see it.

Just back from the show, I wasn't sure what to expect but here goes. It's in an intimate wee venue, with seating all around, not your usual everyone facing the stage thing. It was a nice wee story about 4 boys getting tickets for the cup final, and as you can imagine, doesn't quite go to plan.
    Nice bit of am-dram, nice wee bits of humour and a few of our favourite songs get a little airing (yes even SOL at the end).

It's even possible that it actually happened (well maybe not but I could see it actually happening).

It lasts about 1 1/2 hours so a wee bit longer than the average fringe show.
    Overall I really enjoyed it, and if you like going to fringe shows, and like hearing about Hibs winning the cup against The Rangers (and let's face it, who doesn't) then go see it.

Sounds good.

Went tonight and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I saw it last Friday and it was great! Was surprised with the amount of non Scots in the audience as well, as we got chatting to a few after the show. A lot of Americans, and one woman who said that it was the 2nd time she'd seen the show!

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    I saw it last Friday and it was great! Was surprised with the amount of non Scots in the audience as well, as we got chatting to a few after the show. A lot of Americans, and one woman who said that it was the 2nd time she'd seen the show!
    To be honest felt a bit like walking into the Hibs Club tonight, must have recognised half the audience, a lot of faces familiar from Easter Rd!

I saw on Friday and would recommend it. Decent wee show.

It's excellent. Very intimate. Different. But good

But is it Art?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    But is it Art?
    It's a lot better than some stuff I have seen at the Fringe over the years. As for art, I'd say so in a theatrical sense

First Team Regular
    What venue?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDavidFrancey View Post
    What venue?
    Venue No 506, in The Wee Red Bar. From Bristol Sq/Teviot/Guilded balloon, walk along Lauritston place past George Herriots and old infirmary, keep going until you get to the colledge of art on the right hand side. At the far end you'll see an opening big enough for vehicles and a sign pointing to "Wee Red". Follow the signs and your there.

Hope that helps

I see David Gray in the audience at the show tonight, photo on Facebook.

Saw it last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not quite what I expected based on the description but entertaining, funny and heartwarming in parts. Decent audience participation and it had the emotion of the day flooding back as well.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Saw it last week and thoroughly enjoyed it. Not quite what I expected based on the description but entertaining, funny and heartwarming in parts. Decent audience participation and it had the emotion of the day flooding back as well.
    That's what caught me out, the description doesn't really do the show much justice, oh and without spoiling the story line, ( mini spoiler alert) I really liked the fact that the "jambo" character was a fat idiot

'S' Form
    I adored every minute of this show. A strong cast and great writing. This is a must see - I laughed and cried. There is a lot of swearing so don't go if you are easily offended haha!

My only criticism is that perhaps the significance of the phrase '1902' was not fully met. The idea that you will never see or experience the thing you dream of because there is a hoodoo against you. That mindset goes beyond football - it's a mentality. That's why the 21st of May is so important. I understand the writer (also the main character) is a Hearts supporter so this is maybe why it didn't go deep enough for me.

My my point is, 90+2 was not just an incredible footballing moment: it is so much more than that. Maybe the show doesn't quite encapsulate that?

If you see one fringe show this year - make it 1902.

four of us going on Friday 25th lets fill it wi hibbies!!
    Book online at ed fringe.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Booked tickets for Monday 28th for this show.

Gamer IDs

Even Sir David Gray has been to see the show

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Anyone notice the training jacket the boy had on was marked ' BW'..Bobby Williamson's ?

Quote Originally Posted by Souter96Mac View Post
    Saw it last Friday as well thought it was very good. Was not sure what to expect reminded me of Trainspotting one of the character's a wee bit "Begbie" " ish" . Well worth seeing

Mibbe the club is missing a we trick here, gie the folks attending 10% off a stadium tour/club merchandise/match ticket?

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    Anyone notice the training jacket the boy had on was marked ' BW'..Bobby Williamson's ?
    I did notice that, wasn't sure if it was made for a prop or original

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Mibbe the club is missing a we trick here, gie the folks attending 10% off a stadium tour/club merchandise/match ticket?
    Or even used ER as the venue for the show and a tour before/ after it? Even open one of the bars and bring in some cash. Most people get to a venue earl for a few drinks and some stay afterwards )well, I do anyway)

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    Definitely original...you could still see the marks where his half time pies spilled out 🍮...

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Or even used ER as the venue for the show and a tour before/ after it? Even open one of the bars and bring in some cash. Most people get to a venue earl for a few drinks and some stay afterwards )well, I do anyway)

ER is already being used as a Fringe venue. IMO, not a very good one as the acoustics are pretty poor.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Silver Fox's Avatar
    where is the venue?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    ER is already being used as a Fringe venue. IMO, not a very good one as the acoustics are pretty poor.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    Is that why they moved the singing section from the East to the North Upper😄