hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Was there last night and well worth a visit. Many laughs with a good storyline.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Silver Fox's Avatar
    Just back from it, highly recommend all Hibees should attend whilst it's on, thoroughly enjoyed it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just back from it, highly recommend all Hibees should attend whilst it's on, thoroughly enjoyed it.
    Going to check it out this week.....I had the absolute pleasure of seeing "a field of our own" today....it took me a bit by surprise, got me quite emotional - didn't expect that... Made me so proud to be part of the Hibernian family, thankful of those who fought prejudice to create our great club, and also were forward thinking enough to open it up to people from all backgrounds....also made me delighted that we carry on the charitable traditions of the founders through kick for kids and the numerous other activities.the other benefit was being reminded of the history and traditions of our club also made me shake off that thumping we got yesterday ! Would encourage everyone to see it if you get a chance...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    Going to check it out this week.....I had the absolute pleasure of seeing "a field of our own" today....it took me a bit by surprise, got me quite emotional - didn't expect that... Made me so proud to be part of the Hibernian family, thankful of those who fought prejudice to create our great club, and also were forward thinking enough to open it up to people from all backgrounds....also made me delighted that we carry on the charitable traditions of the founders through kick for kids and the numerous other activities.the other benefit was being reminded of the history and traditions of our club also made me shake off that thumping we got yesterday ! Would encourage everyone to see it if you get a chance...

I was there too today (field of our own) and like you got a bit emotional as well, it was very well done - the music was brilliant and the actors were excellent.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm just back from tonight's performance of A Field of Our Own. Thought it was excellent. Everything from staging,costumes,music and acting were very good. Really enjoyed seeing our history brought to life.

I heard there was a fair few inaccuracies with 1902 regarding the actual cup final game. This was from guys that went to see one of the first performances so may have been ironed out now.

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    I heard there was a fair few inaccuracies with 1902 regarding the actual cup final game. This was from guys that went to see one of the first performances so may have been ironed out now.
    It's not really about the game as such, but it seemed ok when I saw it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    It's not really about the game as such, but it seemed ok when I saw it

Yeah, i know its not all about the game but it irked these folk enough to comment on it. One that i remember them talking about was David gray scoring in 93 minutes.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post

Did Field of our own on Friday and 1902 yesterday. Both very good and I'd recommend them both. Very different though and the fact that the Wee Red Bar had a bar, and the play was a bit Tainspottingesque with some Proclaimers music threaded through it meant that just shaded it for me. Can't believe there was no bar facilities at ER. I was told they weren't licenced!

@hibs.net private member Moulin Yarns's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fox View Post
    I was there on the Sunday as well. You would be one of the gentlemen in the front row? (guessing by your user name )

I was next to the door.
    There is no such thing as too much yarn, just not enough time.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I've bought a ticket for the 5pm performance this Saturday evening - looking forward to it after all the positive reviews.

Saw this last week and was very good.

C Hannan looked like Grant Brebner though (with big beard).

Well done Strange Town productions though. Very very good performances all round.

First Team Breakthrough
    Going to late showing on Friday night not done anything for festival this year, in fact never really went to anything at the festival

First Team Breakthrough
    Just back from seeing 1902.
    Absolutely brilliant.

@hibs.net private member Silver Fox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    I was there on the Sunday as well. You would be one of the gentlemen in the front row? (guessing by your user name )

I was next to the door.
    Good spot, I was indeed!

Going back on Sunday again, taking the laddie

Blog Entries
    I got off train from London at 4 yesterday & was in audience for 1902 at 5. Really enjoyed it, quite emotional at the end & my beer bottle played a part in the production! Congrats all round, & perfectly factual!!

@hibs.net private member tanfield's Avatar
    Went to see it tonight. Thought it was really well done!

Left by mutual consent!
    Going on Sat. evening. Should be good.

Going tonight.

Can the tickets be collected at the venue? If not I'll need to swing by the Fringe Office on High St. Not sure where the nearest collection point will be for Wee Red Bar.

@hibs.net private member Monktonhall 7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Can the tickets be collected at the venue? If not I'll need to swing by the Fringe Office on High St. Not sure where the nearest collection point will be for Wee Red Bar.
    Depends where you are travelling from. I picked mine up at the ticket machine in Waverley Station.

We picked up tickets from the collection point at the university at Potterow saved trying to get near the high st and just along from the venue

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    We got ours at the venue door...bar opens at 4.30 😉.. enjoy 🍷

Quote Originally Posted by Hibees1173 View Post
    Depends where you are travelling from. I picked mine up at the ticket machine in Waverley Station.
    Quote Originally Posted by tetley View Post
    We picked up tickets from the collection point at the university at Potterow saved trying to get near the high st and just along from the venue

Quote Originally Posted by NthCarolinaHibs View Post
    We got ours at the venue door...bar opens at 4.30 😉.. enjoy 🍷
    Thanks guys

@hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    There's also the booth at the Mound. See below for ticket collection points. I'm going to the 5PM show tonight

https://tickets.edfringe.com/box-off...lection-points
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

Great show! Bar is bit steep at £4.90 for a can of beer. Too much use of the "C" word in the show which some people in the audience disliked judging from their reaction.

First Team Breakthrough
    Yeah pretty expensive for drinks, but as for the show I really enjoyed it, It was better than what I expected had me laughing most of the night, hairs standing up on my arms and even had tears in my eyes. I could relate to show reminding me of growing up going to football, trying to find your way in life.
    Last edited by Hulk1875; 26-08-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Blog Entries
    I got off a train from London at 4 & was in audience by 5 with my beer! Thought it was really excellent, very well done. I was surprised that at least 50% of the audience were young women, hopefully help in expsnding our fan base.

@hibs.net private member thebakerboy's Avatar

1902 at the Fringe

Went to see this today and it was absolutely superb , story is about some guys trying to get tickets for the cup final last year , the ending is fabulous any any Hibee with a dry eye at the end has a heart of stone. Highly recommended 8 very talented young actors in a local story , on till Monday night at the Wee Red Bar at the Art College.