hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bod View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    the polis wont keep the away fans behind after the game so with both sets of fans leaving the one end at the same time without segregation will be a no no.
    as good as giving them reduced tickets & us the other half of the away end sounds it will never happen
    Hibs fans will exit through the East I would think .
    Last edited by erin go bragh; 13-08-2017 at 04:33 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    If we give them the full stand then a lot of our female and younger season ticket holders will stay away
    if we give them up a pittance we can fill the rest of the stadium if we are going well
    Given the game is at 7.45pm on a wednesday night in the middle of december with category A pricing i can't imagine there being a huge tournout from families and kids who aren't season ticket holders anyway.

In an ideal world you would want as few of them in the stadium as possible but the reality is that giving them the full stand generates around £70k - £80k in income that we would be unlikely to make up any shortfall from with ticket sales to Hibs fans, especially given we would need to leave a good number of the seats completely empty to accomodate sharing the stand.

Having them isolated in thier own stand is safer for Hibs fans, much harder to launch, coins and smuggled buckie bottles across to the east stand than it would be from one side of the south to the other etc. and also makes segregation and keeping them away from us post-match much easier for police.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    the polis wont keep the away fans behind after the game so with both sets of fans leaving the one end at the same time without segregation will be a no no.
    as good as giving them reduced tickets & us the other half of the away end sounds it will never happen

You know that stand can be separated inside and the Hibs fans can leave via the East Stand by going behind it and the Rangers fans leave via the normal route out over the bridge of doom.

I think they'll be in for some real special dogs abuse on their way to the Holy Ground.
    We friken own them now.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Given the game is at 7.45pm on a wednesday night in the middle of december with category A pricing i can't imagine there being a huge tournout from families and kids who aren't season ticket holders anyway.

In an ideal world you would want as few of them in the stadium as possible but the reality is that giving them the full stand generates around £70k - £80k in income that we would be unlikely to make up any shortfall from with ticket sales to Hibs fans, especially given we would need to leave a good number of the seats completely empty to accomodate sharing the stand.

Having them isolated in thier own stand is safer for Hibs fans, much harder to launch, coins and smuggled buckie bottles across to the east stand than it would be from one side of the south to the other etc. and also makes segregation and keeping them away from us post-match much easier for police.

If they are subjected to the same search procedures that we were yesterday theres no way they will get a buckie bottle into the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Hibs fans eill exit through the East I would think .
    I didn't know you could transfer between them, from where I sit I just see a big white advertising hording

Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    Give them half a the stand like we done for the play off game a couple of seasons ago, don't deserve full allocation

Give them two sections in both Upper and Lower South Stand, 1,600 tickets. Leave 800 empty between both sets of fans and give the rest (~1,500) to Home Fans.

I'm sure we'll be able to sell 17.5k, especially as we'll be well clear at the top of the league by then

If Hibs sell tickets well in advance, as we appear to be doing for league matches this season, the time of year might not be such a factor. Get them on sale from the middle of November.

I agree that segregation of the south stand would lead to a reduced capacity by a few hundred and lose us a few quid, but it might be worth doing to make a point. Our ticket allocation for Ibrox is woeful .... to be allocated less than 1000 in a stadium that holds 50,000 is pathetic. We haven't often had the opportunity to show our displeasure at that state of affairs in the last few decades and IMO we should grab the chance when we can.

The Hibs fans at the eastern end of the south can easily be funnelled out round the back of the east after the game and the south can be segregated inside too. The police might not be happy about Hibs and Sevco fans sharing the same stand, but the upside for them would be that rather than having 4,000 knuckle draggers to keep an eye on they would have less than 2,000.

IMO this is something we should actively be looking at.

@hibs.net private member
    I would imagine the club have budgeted for 4 old firm visits so can't see the club cutting their allocation. Just can't see us selling out the 3 stands and half the south against them on a wednesday night in December.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    They give us 2% of the total Stadium. If we did the same all they should get is 400.
    This would be my suggestion. 400 tickets is the same percentage by capacity; that's fair.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Sharing an end shouldnt be an issue. It wasnt with Hearts and the OF last season at Tynecastle, why should it be different for us?

Quote Originally Posted by hibee-boys View Post
    I would imagine the club have budgeted for 4 old firm visits so can't see the club cutting their allocation. Just can't see us selling out the 3 stands and half the south against them on a wednesday night in December.
    Hear what your saying but has the club budgeted for 17 600 v Partick and probably the same v accies Motherwell s the
    It might just compensates few hundred empty seats v Huns

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If Hibs sell tickets well in advance, as we appear to be doing for league matches this season, the time of year might not be such a factor. Get them on sale from the middle of November.

I agree that segregation of the south stand would lead to a reduced capacity by a few hundred and lose us a few quid, but it might be worth doing to make a point. Our ticket allocation for Ibrox is woeful .... to be allocated less than 1000 in a stadium that holds 50,000 is pathetic. We haven't often had the opportunity to show our displeasure at that state of affairs in the last few decades and IMO we should grab the chance when we can.

The Hibs fans at the eastern end of the south can easily be funnelled out round the back of the east after the game and the south can be segregated inside too. The police might not be happy about Hibs and Sevco fans sharing the same stand, but the upside for them would be that rather than having 4,000 knuckle draggers to keep an eye on they would have less than 2,000.

We got over 1000 yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Sharing an end shouldnt be an issue. It wasnt with Hearts and the OF last season at Tynecastle, why should it be different for us?

Tynecaslte is slightly better set up for sharing the stand. There are roller shutters underneath the roseburn stand. I'm not sure if the South stand has these, perhaps someone who was in that stand at the Partick game can confirm?

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    What did they do at Tynie last season?
    Rangers and Celtic only got 2 blocks

I can remember going into the stadium the day after a huns game and they had ripped some seats out in the Dunbar end.. The less of them the better.

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Given that the institutional conspiracy against the Rangers will still be in place by then, surely we should offer them the option to officially swerve this one then make it home fans only?

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    We got over 1000 yesterday.
    I read 900, though the support on TV did look bigger than that ........... whatever the case as a percentage we get miles less than we give them.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    This would be my suggestion. 400 tickets is the same percentage by capacity; that's fair.
    This.
    And not a single bigot more, it's time this **** learnt respect for decent fans

I thought the Dunbar end could be sub-divided ? So that the Hibs half would leave by walking around past the East ?

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I thought the Dunbar end could be sub-divided ? So that the Hibs half would leave by walking around past the East ?
    It can be.

When the East was getting rebuilt we were in the South stand with Rangers fans so it can be done.

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    Please Please Please... lets give them minimum allocation, no more than 1500 tickets and have Hibs fans in the other half.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    It can, and has been done, why do people make things up to complicate something very simple? If we can sell the tickets of course we should limit the Sevco allocation.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    It can be.

When the East was getting rebuilt we were in the South stand with Rangers fans so it can be done.
    God, I remember that well - even the sound of them from the lower half was pretty scary. I can't remenber what the exit procedure was but I'm sure it wasn't via the East exit (held back perhaps?).

I'm also pretty sure that we wouldn't fill half a stand without there being walk-ups, which would surely not be allowed.

Anyway, the game will be played on the pitch and the team managed to cope with 40k baying huns so I really don't see what everyone's problem is. Whatever, it will be a great atmosphere.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Could Hibs fans get the half of the South Stand closest to the West and the Sevconians can be kept until it's clear like happens to us at Ibrox.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

Wonder if this is one for the Fans reps to get a view from the club on?

Certainly something that would send the right message, not suggesting we should subject the huns to spitting, money being thrown at them and sectarian bile as we are better than that but I do think there's something to be said for giving them the same proportion as they give us and if they don't like it they can always issue a statement.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by givescotlandfreedom View Post
    Could Hibs fans get the half of the South Stand closest to the West and the Sevconians can be kept until it's clear like happens to us at Ibrox.
    No becuase you can't segregate effectively this way.

@hibs.net private member MartinfaePorty's Avatar
    Prior to this season I would have been firmly in the no camp, but I think, depending on how demand is looking from our end (if we're still doing well), then I'm all for reducing their allocation, in the same way as Hearts. Would be a bit embarrassing if we did this and didn't get close to selling out our South Stand allocation, though, so would need to be announced in advance and well promoted by all.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Even though the game is a Wednesday night and will undoubtedly be live on tv and being so close to Xmas?
    You have a big problem.

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    You have a big problem.

No, I think you do but if you think I do why don't you enlighten me?