hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    First Team Regular Topographic Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Older fans will remember the TV show "Z Cars", a drama about the police in Liverpool.
    The theme tune is played at Everton games.

Back in the day,when the polis used to come into The Cave to huckle someone, all the fans would whistle the Z Cars tune.

Happy Days !!
    Trivia Corner: The theme from Z-Cars reached number 8 in the charts in 1962, recorded by the Johnny Keating Orchestra. Keating was born in Edinburgh and was a lifelong Hibby. He arranged the music for Turnbull's Tornadoes and Give Us a Goal in 1973. When Keating died in 2015, he was buried wearing his Hibs tie.

See http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...dies-1-3788196

And yes, whenever the polis arrived in numbers to grab somebody out of the terraces in the 70s....we all started singing the theme to Z-Cars!!!

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    The 'Give us a Goal' song is by John Lennon. He lived with an aunt of his for a while in Currie.

John Lennon was a Hibby, Paul wasn't.

They fell out, Paul left.

@hibs.net private member ACLeith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post
    Trivia Corner: The theme from Z-Cars reached number 8 in the charts in 1962, recorded by the Johnny Keating Orchestra. Keating was born in Edinburgh and was a lifelong Hibby. He arranged the music for Turnbull's Tornadoes and Give Us a Goal in 1973. When Keating died in 2015, he was buried wearing his Hibs tie.

And yes, whenever the polis arrived in numbers to grab somebody out of the terraces in the 70s....we all started singing the theme to Z-Cars!!!
    Trivia corner (2) : the theme tune was a trad folk song called "Johnny Todd"

Quote Originally Posted by one day maybe... View Post
    How funny would it be for every Hibs fan to where a Lenny mask just before kick off.. one of those cheap cardboard type things with an elastic attachment .. pictures in the papers would be hilarious.
    Huns going mental 😂
    Spot on. Just like Spartacus - 'we are all Lenny now!'

19,000 Lennys all wearing green and white Santa hats giving it the GIRFUY as the teams come out!

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    I'm very much hoping Hibs go with 400 tickets for the Hun, to reflect parity with our allocation for the Bigot Box. I would accept half the Dunbar if that's a compromise, but would be very disappointed to see them get the entire stand. We should minimise the number of them who can sing songs about hanging Neil Lennon and spewing their sectarian hatred. We need firm action on this.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibernia&Alba View Post
    I'm very much hoping Hibs go with 400 tickets for the Hun, to reflect parity with our allocation for the Bigot Box. I would accept half the Dunbar if that's a compromise, but would be very disappointed to see them get the entire stand. We should minimise the number of them who can sing songs about hanging Neil Lennon and spewing their sectarian hatred. We need firm action on this.
    Put the subhumans in the top left of the west stand and keep them in for 15 mins after game.
    400 tickets and not 1 more.fxxk them now and forever

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chinaman View Post
    Put the subhumans in the top left of the west stand and keep them in for 15 mins after game.

It would turn my stomach to see them get around 17 per cent of ER, when we got 2 per cent of Ibrox. The thought of 3500 of them being allowed to victimise Lennon is awful.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    The 'Give us a Goal' song is by John Lennon. He lived with an aunt of his for a while in Currie.

John Lennon was a Hibby, Paul wasn't.

They fell out, Paul left.
    One went to heaven and the other started wearing cardigans and driving a rover

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by hibernia&alba View Post

It would turn my stomach to see them get around 17 per cent of er, when we got 2 per cent of ibrox. The thought of 3500 of them being allowed to victimise lennon is awful.
    correct.

While I very much agree with the main point of your post and also think the vast majority who travel through to ER will be sectarian ****bags looking for trouble, we don't need to sink to their level with the untermensch stuff.
    It would be great to see them completely outnumbered off the pitch and given another good hiding on it though.

Too right...shove them away in a corner and keep them in there for ages after Full time...absolute ######s

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I see the Huns have been given tickets for this, anyone know how many they've been allocated and how many we've sold so far?

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    I see the Huns have been given tickets for this, anyone know how many they've been allocated...

Whole of the South Stand

...and how many we've sold so far?

That's Calum's job ;-)

I see the Huns have been given tickets for this, anyone know how many they've been allocated and how many we've sold so far?
    Cant see them not getting the Whole of the South Cant see the Police agreeing to Policing Segregated Sections and The Rangers wont accept anything less and they seem to pretty much get their own way these days now they've been forgiven

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    Cant see them not getting the Whole of the South Cant see the Police agreeing to Policing Segregated Sections and The Rangers wont accept anything less and they seem to pretty much get their own way these days now they've been forgiven

We'd lose loads if we tried to give them less than the whole stand. Seats lost to segregation and extra policing costs would be a nightmare.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    We'd lose loads if we tried to give them less than the whole stand. Seats lost to segregation and extra policing costs would be a nightmare.
    Can't imagine either Hibs, The Rangers, nor the police have a huge appetite for splitting the stand given the bother after the game at Ibrox and the ill-feeling that still persists from them from our cup win.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Unfortunately they're going to get the whole south stand as circumstances mean that splitting it won't really be an option that will appeal to either club or the authorities for both financial and security reasons.

I wish we could change it but that's not going to happen.

We'll just need to make sure that we beat them so that as many of them as possible can watch them lose to us once again.

Dont really agree with the views that it wouldn't be done on security grounds. Any trouble that occurs is going to be in and around Easter Road & London Road before/after the game and its far more likely to kick off with 4000 odd huns than with 1700 odd. The chances of there being violence inside or just outside the ground is small IMO.

So we've given these animals the whole south stand? There'll be 4,000 angry huns off their face on bucky roaming london road/easter road before and after the game then. Brilliant.

Can't wait to beat them.

Again.

We were never going to do anything different IMO.

Don't think it is down to segregation/security. The south is designed in a way that makes that very easy. I just don't think the demand is there to do it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Unfortunately they're going to get the whole south stand as circumstances mean that splitting it won't really be an option that will appeal to either club or the authorities for both financial and security reasons.

I wish we could change it but that's not going to happen.

We'll just need to make sure that we beat them so that as many of them as possible can watch them lose to us once again.
    I've seen this given a number of times as a reason for not splitting the south. We might require a few more stewards/cops to separate fans but given there would be around 2,000 less huns in the area surely that would mean we'd need less cops to police the surrounding area.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Don't think it is down to segregation/security. The south is designed in a way that makes that very easy. I just don't think the demand is there to do it yet.
    This

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Topographic Hibby View Post

Don’t forget the Keating family were responsible for the excellent Hibs tracks that feature on the “Team that wouldn’t die” video!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post

Yeah we gambled in the playoffs against them and didn't sell out. NCAA see the reasoning behind the clubs decision.

It would be great to have just a few hundred or so of them stuck in a wee corner surrounded on all sides, getting pelted with all sorts of pish, and see how they like that.

It won't happen of course and they'll get their usual allocation.

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    It would be great to have just a few hundred or so of them stuck in a wee corner surrounded on all sides, getting pelted with all sorts of pish, and see how they like that.

It won't happen of course and they'll get their usual allocation.
    And we wouldn't bring wurselves to that level...

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    So we've given these animals the whole south stand? There'll be 4,000 angry huns off their face on bucky roaming london road/easter road before and after the game then. Brilliant.
    I understand the size of the financial impact and sympathise with the club on this but, however, you’re spot on. If ever there was a time to cut down their allocation, it’s now. Much like the sheep game, sporting advantage against a rival for top 3 is much more important than the money lost to segregation. We should never be turning away Hibs fans, especially when it’s to the benefit of “them”.

Or on the flip side, perhaps we can barter with them to get 4000 tickets at Ibrox, if they want a full stand at our place?