hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Greentinted View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bought mine the other week, turned phones off, shut curtains and watched The Match first, then Time for Heroes, Extra Time then Reborn.
    Doesn’t get much better than that...
    Did you greet like a bairn ?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I still haven't seen it. Don't have a DVD player and the one on my laptop is broken.

Will need to acquire myself a basic player and watch this. I was there on the day but it sounds (and obviously will be) an awesome experience to watch it the whole campaign back again.

You can rip it to a memory stick, then put it into your telly using one of the USB ports and watch it that way, i dont have a dvd player either.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    I can’t believe some people have managed to avoid watching it. Best dvd I’ve ever seen by a mile.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I know lots of hibbies sadly no longer with us who would love to be able to watch that DVD. In fact viewing it now they would find it surreal, a fantasy a Hollywood blockbuster a team from a lower league against all odds after a 114 year wait rises from the ashes to beat all comers to lift the Holy Grail.They would not believe what they were seeing with their own eyes. What took you so long HIBS ?

Indeed, that historic night I asked both my sons one 25 and one 20 if they ever thought their old man would live long enough to see HIBS lift the Scottish Cup they looked at each other smiled and both simultaneously said....No!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    It took me ages to build up the courage to watch it. I was in bits and I haven't watched it again since.

I avoid nost of the clips posted on here too because it's so emotional.

I got Time for Heroes as soon as it came out - it's still in the original plastic wrapping, unwatched.

That day was such an enormous emotional event for me that just sitting down to watch it and all about it on a dvd seems a thing not to be done lightly or carelessly.

I was welling up just from reading some of the posts on this thread - watching any actual footage is always a tearful event - so I'd imagine that watching the dvd would be quite draining. I want to watch, I do, but I don't quite know when or how to.

It's one of the most romantic stories there is.
    Last edited by One Day Soon; 13-06-2018 at 07:43 AM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    This puts things into perspective -glad she made it.
    It just goes to show Bill Shankly was wrong there are more important things.
    God bless you and all your family I hope your wife goes on to make a full recovery.

GGTTH
    That’s very kind of you. Blessings to all of your loved ones. It’s tough following Hibs, but we can appreciate that miracles do happen when we are least expecting them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    I got Time for Heroes as soon as it came out - it's still in the original plastic wrapping, unwatched.

That day was such an enormous emotional event for me that just sitting down to watch it and all about it on a dvd seems a thing not to be done lightly or carelessly.

I was welling up just from reading some of the posts on this thread - watching any actual footage is always a tearful event - so I'd imagine that watching the dvd would be quite draining. I want to watch, I do, but I don't quite know when or how to.

I know exactly what you mean.

However, it's worth steeling yourself for it.

Has anyone else ever found a need for a box of tissues when watching a video?
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member
    GGTTH on the piano at the start sets me off every time.

Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post

Seriously?

Watch it now - take the day off, call in sick, whatever, and go and watch it. Quite apart from the fact that the subject matter is the best thing ever, it's a magnificent piece of film making.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Seriously?

Watch it now - take the day off, call in sick, whatever, and go and watch it. Quite apart from the fact that the subject matter is the best thing ever, it's a magnificent piece of film making.
    Agreed really professional and done brilliantly.