hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries

What is the world coming to?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40889511

I hope they throw the book at this guy. Attempted murder although probably some smart-assed lawyer will get him off with self-defence and the woman charged with obstruction.
    Shocking behaviour.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    utter coward, left the guy but thought the female was fair game, she was very lucky indeed the bus driver swerved quickly, hope the **** jogs all the way to the jail

They've got some 50 year old from Chelsea for it.

It's been all over down here. His life's not going to worth living, the asshole.

Jambo Kickback's Flump of the Year 2008 Sergey's Avatar
    There's a public footpath on the South side of the Thames that runs from Chelsea Bridge all the way to Greenwich. It's a beautiful walk...or it was. It's like a bleedin' Olympic training camp and you can't walk for joggers. They outnumber tourists and everyday pedestrians by about 5 - 1.

Something has top be done as there's enough parks and back-roads they can use, rather than take up the popular routes.

Tossers.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There's a public footpath on the South side of the Thames that runs from Chelsea Bridge all the way to Greenwich. It's a beautiful walk...or it was. It's like a bleedin' Olympic training camp and you can't walk for joggers. They outnumber tourists and everyday pedestrians by about 5 - 1.

Something has top be done as there's enough parks and back-roads they can use, rather than take up the popular routes.

Tossers.
    I prefer running in the park. You don't have to stop for the roads and traffic continually.

I go out early so in the winter I'm forced onto the roads but there's usually no-one around at that time.

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar

Tossers.
    5 to 1? Think that might be a tad exaggerating. I've seen the lunchtime office joggers but never seen them outnumber regular peds and tourists by 2:1 never mind 5:1.
    Spent many an afternoon at the tourist trap Founders Arms and the Hornimans(love that name) watching folk vie over space on the South Bank.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    5 to 1? Think that might be a tad exaggerating. I've seen the lunchtime office joggers but never seen them outnumber regular peds and tourists by 2:1 never mind 5:1.
    Spent many an afternoon at the tourist trap founders arms and the hornimans(love that name) watching folk vie over space on the south bank.
    5-1? Ltyf

Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    5-1? Ltyf
    Regular pedestrians ended as a club.

Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    Spent many an afternoon at the tourist trap Founders Arms and the Hornimans(love that name) watching folk vie over space on the South Bank.
    Hes exaggerating obviously but the point remains the same. Pavement running is out of control in lots of big cities and Edinburgh's no different. Im a runner myself and there needs to be more events like Parkrun that attracts hundreds to Cramond for a 5k. Organise and promote it properly every morning and you'd get the pavement runners getting the competitive running bug, off the pavements (where they appear to be chucking innocent women under buses for kicks these days) and probably make yourself some serious money into the bargain. Go on, entrepreneurial investors

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Frazdazhfc
    To do this to anyone is bad enough, but what goes through your mind to do this to (I presume) a random person.

Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Regular pedestrians ended as a club.

Runners, cyclists, cars parked on pavements.

Us pedestrians are the ones that need protective gear now!

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40889511

I hope they throw the book at this guy. Attempted murder although probably some smart-assed lawyer will get him off with self-defence and the woman charged with obstruction.
    Shocking behaviour.
    I'd charge him with attempted murder, given the chance.

What a despicable thing to do, even if she's in his road what makes him think his right of way is more important than her's?

Would 100% jail the **** for that. Can you imagine that was your wife or your mum, and she hadn't been so lucky. Think about trying to explain to your kids how she died.
    http://hibscomebackison.blogspot.co.uk/ - Read my blog "So A Season Starts.. " - Updated TODAY 03/08/15

@hibs.net private member Speedy's Avatar
    Attempted murder is thrown around too often in my opinion. Prick, yes. Trying to kill someone, I'd take some convincing.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    Link no worky

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    Attempted murder is thrown around too often in my opinion. Prick, yes. Trying to kill someone, I'd take some convincing.

Total erse but there's no way he deliberately threw her under a bus, which the inevitable trial by social media will accuse him of.

Turns out the guy's an American millionaire so the chances of him doing time, even is he is convicted of any offence, are probably small. Money talks unfortunately.

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: FranckSauzee4
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

Total erse but there's no way he deliberately threw her under a bus, which the inevitable trial by social media will accuse him of.

Turns out the guy's an American millionaire so the chances of him doing time, even is he is convicted of any offence, are probably small. Money talks unfortunately.
    He claims he was in the US at the time.

Ireland's Greatest Import Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    I doubt the police would have bothered even questioning him if that were true. Unless he's really good in a kayak it wouldn't take long to verify which side of the Atlantic he was on in May surely?

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Should be easy to prove either way...you'd think.

There may still be mileage in my theory that it was the headmaster from the inbetweeners.

3pts away from home - i'm a happy glory hunter. jonty's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jonty Wii Code: 7580 5998 4272 1376
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    I'd charge him with attempted murder, given the chance.

What a despicable thing to do, even if she's in his road what makes him think his right of way is more important than her's?

Would 100% jail the **** for that. Can you imagine that was your wife or your mum, and she hadn't been so lucky. Think about trying to explain to your kids how she died.
    If you watch where they travel, compared to the shadow on the path, it looks to me like he steps towards her and she steps away from him, both at the last second. If she hadn't it could have been worse.
    Idiot has most of the pavement anyway and he made no attempt to move over.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    Link no worky
    It works when I click on it. Here's a copy and paste

A man who has been arrested after a woman was pushed in front of a bus on London's Putney Bridge has been identified as a millionaire US investment banker - but the suspect says he was not in the country at the time the alleged offence took place.
    Eric Bellquist was arrested following a police appeal after a 33-year-old woman was knocked down and only avoided serious injury thanks to the quick reflexes of a double-decker bus driver, in footage captured on CCTV.
    He was detained by officers on Thursday before being released pending further enquiries.

A statement issued by the law firm acting for Mr Bellquist said: "Our client has been wrongly implicated in this matter; he categorically denies being the individual concerned and has irrefutable proof that he was in the United States at the time of the incident.
    "Consequently we expect a swift resolution to this wholly untrue allegation."
    Mr Bellquist works for private capital investment firm Hutton Collins, which says he is on the boards of Byron Hamburgers and Wagamama and was responsible for the firm's investment in Caffè Nero.

A graduate from the University of Colorado at Boulder, he previously worked at Lehman Brothers.
    He lives in Chelsea, according to MailOnline, and has been with Hutton Collins since 2002.
    A Met Police statement said: "At about 74.0am on Friday, 5 May the 33-year-old victim was walking across Putney Bridge on the east side heading towards Putney Bridge Tube Station when a male jogger knocked her over into the road and into the path of an oncoming bus, which narrowly missed hitting her.
    "The bus stopped and some passengers got off and rushed to the victim's aid. She received minor injuries from the incident.

• READ MORE

ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS ABOUT THE JOGGER WHO PUSHED A WOMAN INTO A BUS

"About 15 minutes later the jogger came back the other way across the bridge. The victim tried to speak to him but he did not acknowledge her and carried on jogging.
    "Officers continue to appeal for any witnesses to the incident."

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Grieves View Post
    It works when I click on it. Here's a copy and paste

A man who has been arrested after a woman was pushed in front of a bus on London's Putney Bridge has been identified as a millionaire US investment banker - but the suspect says he was not in the country at the time the alleged offence took place.
    Eric Bellquist was arrested following a police appeal after a 33-year-old woman was knocked down and only avoided serious injury thanks to the quick reflexes of a double-decker bus driver, in footage captured on CCTV.
    He was detained by officers on Thursday before being released pending further enquiries.

A statement issued by the law firm acting for Mr Bellquist said: "Our client has been wrongly implicated in this matter; he categorically denies being the individual concerned and has irrefutable proof that he was in the United States at the time of the incident.
    "Consequently we expect a swift resolution to this wholly untrue allegation."
    Mr Bellquist works for private capital investment firm Hutton Collins, which says he is on the boards of Byron Hamburgers and Wagamama and was responsible for the firm's investment in Caffè Nero.

A graduate from the University of Colorado at Boulder, he previously worked at Lehman Brothers.
    He lives in Chelsea, according to MailOnline, and has been with Hutton Collins since 2002.
    A Met Police statement said: "At about 74.0am on Friday, 5 May the 33-year-old victim was walking across Putney Bridge on the east side heading towards Putney Bridge Tube Station when a male jogger knocked her over into the road and into the path of an oncoming bus, which narrowly missed hitting her.
    "The bus stopped and some passengers got off and rushed to the victim's aid. She received minor injuries from the incident.

• READ MORE

ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS ABOUT THE JOGGER WHO PUSHED A WOMAN INTO A BUS

"About 15 minutes later the jogger came back the other way across the bridge. The victim tried to speak to him but he did not acknowledge her and carried on jogging.
    "Officers continue to appeal for any witnesses to the incident."

Investment banker? Just hang him anyway.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jonty View Post
    If you watch where they travel, compared to the shadow on the path, it looks to me like he steps towards her and she steps away from him, both at the last second. If she hadn't it could have been worse.
    Idiot has most of the pavement anyway and he made no attempt to move over.
    Do folk think this is just a random attack on a woman by a guy out for a jog, will put money on him knowing her, ex partner or something like that.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Do folk think this is just a random attack on a woman by a guy out for a jog, will put money on him knowing her, ex partner or something like that.
    I'll take that bet

She has been interviewed saying that she didn't know him, waited and tried to speak to
    Him when he jogged back, and he ignored her..very strange , aggressive behaviour..

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigwheel View Post
    I'll take that bet

She has been interviewed saying that she didn't know him, waited and tried to speak to
    Him when he jogged back, and he ignored her..very strange , aggressive behaviour..
    Looks like i may be due you a £1

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Imagine if it had been the tram or the tube.. Her head would have been smashed... Whatever he's gonna get charged with it got to much more than something that results in a wee wrist slap.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Looks like i may be due you a £1

A weird and dangerous story though isn't it..I'm sure there will indeed be some sort
    of twist that emerges when we get to know why it happened..

I didn't realise this happened in May. Was it news then, too?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I sincerely hope that's not the case. He deserves a jail sentence.
    If it has to be a suspended one, can I suggest by the balls.

Tossers.
    Southbank is a nightmare with them, also the millennium bridge. Arrogant pricks not moving for anyone. Wee nudge can upset them a wee bit though 😉