hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member Sergio sledge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm surprised the NSPCC made those comments. Convictions mean less offenses committed, surely?
    Yes, I was a bit surprised by their comments. In a perfect world we wouldn't have to pay criminals for information but sadly in situations like this it seems to have been the best way to secure convictions.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Yes, I was a bit surprised by their comments. In a perfect world we wouldn't have to pay criminals for information but sadly in situations like this it seems to have been the best way to secure convictions.
    Aye, the NSPCC obviously have to prioritise the victims, not catching the perpetrators, because that's their job. But I would have thought that less perpetrators mean less victims so they'd see the sense in using this informant.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergio sledge View Post
    Before I get dragged into this, my OP was about the rights and wrongs of paying informants for information, and in particular the rights and wrongs of paying a convicted rapist for information in this particular case.

It had nothing to do with the ethnicity of the perpetrators or the victims and wasn't meant to start any chat about that particular subject.
    Fair enough mate, I got sidetracked by a BBC link on your OP.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    I'm sure the informant will get what's coming to him. There's no way he'll be able to stay anonymous because someone will join the dots.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Aye, the NSPCC obviously have to prioritise the victims, not catching the perpetrators, because that's their job. But I would have thought that less perpetrators mean less victims so they'd see the sense in using this informant.
    Was the informant paid 10,000 in a lump sum or was this what was paid to him over the course of the investigation for things like, petrol hotels, ie, expenses ?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    What concerns me about these cases is that it appears to be Muslim gangs targeting white girls. That suggests to me an attitude amongst these men that what they are doing is less serious than if they were targeting Muslim girls. Would the reaction of the Muslim community be the same if they were targeting Muslim girls? I'm pretty certain the public comments would remain pretty consistent, but I'm also pretty certain that these gangs would be treated differently among the Muslim community.
    There seems to be an attitude amongst a small minorty of Muslim men that non Muslims are inferior to them. This isn't just confined to the opposite sex, and it's something that needs to be addressed.
    Sex crimes are the same no matter what race they are committed against, but it's concerning to me that certain sections of the population feel that they are superior to others.
    [SIGPIC]