hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Liam Henderson

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Unpopular opinion alert.

I feel like the Cup Final has clouded judgement on how good a footballer Hendo is. Now, there is no doubting he has ability and a bright future, however he was not always first choice for us and IMO fairly inconsistent during his time here. He always gave 100% and is a club legend but he struggles to get a game for Celtic 2nd string which must tell people something.

Would be a good addition but I don't think he gets in our team at the moment with a few ahead of him.

Tin hat on.
    Every Celtic midfielder would be a useful addition to any Scottish Premiership team. The fact that he is out of favour with Rogers, is IMHO, not a reflection on his ability,

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Celtic have been extremely hard to deal with over Henderson for some reason.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Celtic have been extremely hard to deal with over Henderson for some reason.
    There's been a few players who have ditched supporting their childhood team because of bad experiences with the club at playing level. e.g. Strachan/Hibs (sort of), Broony/Rangers, Cumdog/Hearts, Cormack/Hearts to name a few. I'm sure netters could add more.

I wonder if Hendo will still be "a Celtc man through and through" given the way they don't want him and now allegedly are making his transfer difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Unpopular opinion alert.

I feel like the Cup Final has clouded judgement on how good a footballer Hendo is. Now, there is no doubting he has ability and a bright future, however he was not always first choice for us and IMO fairly inconsistent during his time here. He always gave 100% and is a club legend but he struggles to get a game for Celtic 2nd string which must tell people something.

Would be a good addition but I don't think he gets in our team at the moment with a few ahead of him.

Tin hat on.
    Don't think you need the tin hat mate ...... Its a fact that Hendo wasn't always a first pick at ER including the cup final. But what we all saw when he was here was a player with a second to none attitude and almost certainly the capacity and ability to become an even better player over a period of time.

That's why so many Hibs fans would like to see him leave Celtic even if it isn't to come to us ... it would be tragic to see a lad with his attributes stagnate up at Lennoxtown instead of pushing for a first team place at a decent club where his potential could be realised.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Don't think you need the tin hat mate ...... Its a fact that Hendo wasn't always a first pick at ER including the cup final. But what we all saw when he was here was a player with a second to none attitude and almost certainly the capacity and ability to become an even better player over a period of time.

That's why so many Hibs fans would like to see him leave Celtic even if it isn't to come to us ... it would be tragic to see a lad with his attributes stagnate up at Lennoxtown instead of pushing for a first team place at a decent club where his potential could be realised.
    That's in in a nutshell, NN.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    There's been a few players who have ditched supporting their childhood team because of bad experiences with the club at playing level. e.g. Strachan/Hibs (sort of), Broony/Rangers, Cumdog/Hearts, Cormack/Hearts to name a few. I'm sure netters could add more.

I wonder if Hendo will still be "a Celtc man through and through" given the way they don't want him and now allegedly are making his transfer difficult.
    I'm sure he was quoted recently as referring to Hibs as being the team he supports.

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    I'm sure he was quoted recently as referring to Hibs as being the team he supports.
    Two things that are public domain, but worth retelling:

First is his twitter pic for all last year (while he was a Celtic player) was him up Arthur Seat with Easter Road in the background

Second is he helped raise loads of money for charity in Winchburgh by raffling his Cup Final Hibs boots, and made no secret of the fact his time at Hibs was so special.

LH, a gem of a man

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar

Well said

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post

First is his twitter pic for all last year (while he was a Celtic player) was him up Arthur Seat with Easter Road in the background

Second is he helped raise loads of money for charity in Winchburgh by raffling his Cup Final Hibs boots, and made no secret of the fact his time at Hibs was so special.

LH, a gem of a man
    I would have bidded on the right one for sure.

Don't get me wrong. I think he has great potential and would like to see him back. I just feel his abilities have somewhat been magnified by what he helped us achieve.

Don't want it to sound like I'm bashing him him at all.

First Team Breakthrough Hibbycol's Avatar

LH, a gem of a man
    open post to LD. I will give liam a colly bucky along the m8 if she signs him.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbycol View Post
    open post to LD. I will give liam a colly bucky along the m8 if she signs him.

Better check the Urban Dictionary for double entendres.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Better check the Urban Dictionary for double entendres.
    He knows what he means.

First Team Breakthrough Hibbycol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    He knows what he means.
    I do

spoke to a Celtic Director the other day about Hendo, seemingly he does not want a loan deal he wants out he is seemingly on around 6 to 8 K Celtic on the other hand dont really want to sell him ATM.

lets see what happens

I would have bidded on the right one for sure.
    From memory the boots were bought by someone who was planning to gift the right boot to the Hibs museum

Quote Originally Posted by happiehibbie View Post
    spoke to a Celtic Director the other day about Hendo, seemingly he does not want a loan deal he wants out he is seemingly on around 6 to 8 K Celtic on the other hand dont really want to sell him ATM.

lets see what happens
    If I remember, he was given a five year deal at the same time he came to us.
    He will have to take a hit financially to come to us but it will be the best thing he could do. Come home.
    I have always thought this story has deadline day all over it but I can see the bread man taking him down the road with Cummings and McKay though.

I think we'll have enough games/suspensions/injuries that he'd get plenty game time here, would give another alternative to mcgeouch and Swanson (albeit a different kind of player).

Still want another forward and pacy wide player too though

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    If I remember, he was given a five year deal at the same time he came to us.
    He will have to take a hit financially to come to us but it will be the best thing he could do. Come home.
    I have always thought this story has deadline day all over it but I can see the bread man taking him down the road with Cummings and McKay though.
    Unfortunately not many players will walk away from a good salary, even to play for their boyhood heroes.

Time will tell if he becomes surplus to requirements at Parkhead, but would think with a five year deal it will be costly to get him in?

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    Unfortunately not many players will walk away from a good salary, even to play for their boyhood heroes.

Time will tell if he becomes surplus to requirements at Parkhead, but would think with a five year deal it will be costly to get him in?

Unfortunately very much so and probably out of our reach. Much more costly than say Lewis Morgan of St. Mirren. IMO

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Unfortunately very much so and probably out of our reach. Much more costly than say Lewis Morgan of St. Mirren. IMO
    St Mirren apparently rejected a 250k bid from Burton Albion for Morgan in this window. Don't think Hendo will go for much more than that tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    St Mirren apparently rejected a 250k bid from Burton Albion for Morgan in this window. Don't think Hendo will go for much more than that tbh.
    Maybe, but think Hendo wages would be the killer for us.

Just for clarification.

Hendo is a hibee.

From memory the boots were bought by someone who was planning to gift the right boot to the Hibs museum
    Fantastic gesture. Well done, Mr Bootbyre

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hhibs View Post
    Maybe, but think Hendo wages would be the killer for us.
    We thought the same with Stokes and Ambrose mate

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Looking like Roberts on his way back to Celtic.. come home Hendo 💚

read a few people say he won't go out on loan etc... but could it be mkre straight forward than that? with Celtic in Europe they need to fill their home grown quota so maybe thats why they won't let him go

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutmegged View Post
    read a few people say he won't go out on loan etc... but could it be mkre straight forward than that? with Celtic in Europe they need to fill their home grown quota so maybe thats why they won't let him go
    Likely be Tierney, McGregor, Forrest & Ralston

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    If Broosters saying he's going South then that's where he'll likely end up.......... unless a last minute.......

Rumours starting down here he is going on loan to Blackburn
    Good signing for them and he will develop under Tony Mowbray