hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Easter Road Stadium

It really is a fantastic stadium when full of Hibs fans in 3 stands plus South.

Night and day compared to Tynecastle and it's cramped seating and facilities which are all built on the cheap.

Great to see they have made some improvements maintenance wise and even fixed the untidy grass in front of the East Stand !

Hopefully attendances remain and continues to be a great place to watch football.

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Hibbycol's Avatar
    Nae ripping now cos I ain't no Spielberg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Looked and sounded great on HibsTv.
    We really are a club on the rise :)

Cracking stadium and looks even better when packed!

Bright and classy looking not like the grimey, dull, tin can, cheap looking thing they have over in gorgie where just to make it even worse the atmostphere is as flat as a pancake.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    PA system really needs fixed or something else put in its place for now. Half time announcements were verging on pointless as couldn't hear them in the West Stand. Glad the steps had some work done to them though, noticed that in the pre-season as well - they needed some work as they had wear-and-tear and were looking quite poorly. Now, no longer!

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    PA system really needs fixed or something else put in its place for now. Half time announcements were verging on pointless as couldn't hear them in the West Stand. Glad the steps had some work done to them though, noticed that in the pre-season as well - they needed some work as they had wear-and-tear and were looking quite poorly. Now, no longer!
    True about PA system - couldn't hear in the East who the half time guest was.

Also they need better traffic management arranund the stadium..cars flying around Albion road before kick off etc is just a receipe for disaster.

Left by mutual consent!
    Think it's one of the microphones that's the problem. Sometimes things come through it crystal clear, other times it's a muffled mess.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!

Agree with this. The only thing that needs fixed at ER. The PA system is atrocious!

Other than that, atmosphere was great today. What an arena we have when it's full and bouncing! Great day out and many more to come, I'm sure!

GGTTH

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    Agree with this. The only thing that needs fixed at ER. The PA system is atrocious!

Other than that, atmosphere was great today. What an arena we have when it's full and bouncing! Great day out and many more to come, I'm sure!

GGTTH

Couldn't make out the Happy Hibee numbers being announced this afternoon, I actually thought they were doing it a different way this season as I only heard the signed ball being mentioned.

I missed the flag unfurling and kick off..I was in the ground by 2:40 but sadly still in the pie Q when the game kicked off. Prices have gone up, service (amazingly) has got even worse and my tricky order of scotch pie, Bovril and a portion of chips was still cocked up-twice!
    Ach maybe I'll see the Premier League flag being raised at the start of next season eh?

*I'm guessing we might start with an away game at sellic.

Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    I missed the flag unfurling and kick off..I was in the ground by 2:40 but sadly still in the pie Q when the game kicked off. Prices have gone up, service (amazingly) has got even worse and my tricky order of scotch pie, Bovril and a portion of chips was still cocked up-twice!
    Ach maybe I'll see the Premier League flag being raised at the start of next season eh.

*I'm guessing we might start with an away game at sellic.
    I can't comment on the food and service - but along with the PA it's been an issue for so long.

Wish the supporters reps and club would address it.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    I can't comment on the food and service - but along with the PA it's been an issue for so long.

Wish the supporters reps and club would address it.
    Maybe they addressed it over the tannoy and no one noticed 😉

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    The catering set up is dire and urgently needseeking looked at.Extortionate prices.Poor food.

Left by mutual consent!
    The fact that we're now complaining about everything off the field has to be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by staunchhibby View Post
    The catering set up is dire and urgently needseeking looked at.Extortionate prices.Poor food.
    Totally agree. I mentioned elsewhere that I was 25 minutes in a queue to be served.

It's time they made these facilities not-for-profit so they can simplify the menu and drop prices. Have basic food that costs either a pound or two pound to speed things up. If you want chupa chips or Freddos then bring them yourself,

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I turned up drunk in the south stand and all my very limited requirements were met.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    I have never understood the need to buy food in a football stadium. You are there for 2 hours max.
    P.s. I missed the second goal buying a coke.

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbycol View Post

My heart was broken.....

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I turned up drunk in the south stand and all my very limited requirements were met.
    Chips and cheese, then somewhere warm and comfortable to lie down........or maybe not everyone is like me

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    I have never understood the need to buy food in a football stadium. You are there for 2 hours max.
    I agree.
    As for those losers that like to have a hot dog and coke (other brands are available etc etc etc) at the cinema OR my own pet peeve - those pesky rock fans that just turn up at a venue to see a band they've not seen once in the last 20 years? Part timers. They deserve nothing but disdain.

I preferred the old East. At least if I wanted coke there I knew where to go..

I think it was shocking that there was such a shortage of Seagulls today. I blame the kids in the FF Lower.

@hibs.net private member Tricla's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Totally agree. I mentioned elsewhere that I was 25 minutes in a queue to be served.

It's time they made these facilities not-for-profit so they can simplify the menu and drop prices. Have basic food that costs either a pound or two pound to speed things up. If you want chupa chips or Freddos then bring them yourself,
    What if I want Chupa Chups? Will you bring them?

It's a great stadium. I don't like the PA music stuff but that's just me. I could do without it.

Hearts ground is right on top of the pitch. No real atmosphere in my opinion.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbycol View Post

You sit really near me 👍

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Easter Road it's a cracking stadium, when it's busy and body like today it really comes into its own. I really would love to see us shifting that many tickets on a regular basis.

The potential at the club just now is fantastic, it must be great for that players coming out onto the pitch to full stands.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan View Post
    Where else are you going to get a triangle of polystyrene with a red watery substance and rubber cheese substitute or a brittle pie crust full of wallpaper paste and sawdust all for under a tenner?

Not just Hibs, happens most grounds I've been to. Except the EPL where similar scheidt is available in fancy containers for about £20.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I think it was shocking that there was such a shortage of Seagulls today. I blame the kids in the FF Lower.
    There were hundreds at the end flying all around and no doubt scavenging the left over food
    Check it out at the very end after the game was ov(er the Alba cameras recording shows it in its "Full Gory deliberate )wording

ER really is a cracking stadium on days like today and the atmosphere was terrific for most of the game. I was a bit surprised to be charged a fiver for my traditional steak pie & Bovril, but I was in too much of a hurry to check if I had been charged the correct price. Mentioned it to my better half when I got home and she thinks I'm soft in the head to pay that for a pie & a drink .... and she's right

It would be great to think ER could be like it was today for the majority of our league games this season

Any more pics, for the guys that couldnae make it, the banner etc....

@hibs.net private member Silversand's Avatar
    More pics

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk