hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone see the Alba interview? Either Boyle is quite small or Whitty is an absolute giant!
    Whittaker is bigger than I remember too.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    I remember a derby in 2015 when he 1st signed on loan . He played wing back and totally bossed the flank that day. Eckersley im sure was their left back that day and Boyle owned him

We're nuts about Squizza

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Boyle was great today and he will probably forever cause us a little frustration by beating one or two men then blazing it over.

Key player though regardless if he scores or misses he will require to be defended against and he looks like he is murder to defend. He will create chances with his runs and his very presence.
    He did that second half (blaze it over) and he lay on the ground thumping the pitch in frustration...when we were 3-1 up!

Love the guy, his attitude and his skills....as per SM he has much more than just pace and if he continues to develop will be one hell of a player!

@hibs.net private member
    As just about every second person has pointed out, Boyle's game continues to improve. If there is further improvement between say now and Oct/Nov, I'd look to tie him down on a longer contract than the two year deal he's just signed.

I have to admit that I was wrong about him. I said last season that I wasn't fussed if he signed a new deal or not as I didn't feel he was good enough for where we wanted to be.

However his start to this season has been superb and he has really improved his all round game. If he keeps this up, he will be vital for us this season.

I think NL has got into his head and removed the thinking that Boyle had, that he was or wanted to be seen as playing through the middle up front, I think he has convinced him that he can do much more damage to teams as a very pacey wide player and still get plenty goal opportunities.
    Creating loads for us so far and working his backside of as well, good to see where he is just now.

LOVE Martin Boyle. Liked him ever since he signed but what an improvement he has made to his game over the last year.

Great pace, wish his finishing was better at times but he causes defenders no end of hassle. He will play a big part this season.

Fantastic to see Boyle getting deserved recognition for his contribution and improving performances under the guidance of Lennon. Like others have mentioned it would appear that he now backs himself more on the pitch and really does use his main weapon(pace) whenever he can. He has clearly improved his upper body strength too making him almost impossible to ease off the ball when in full flight without actually bringing him down.....also when he does get tackled and ends up on the floor have you ever seen anyone get back up so quickly? He's like a jack in the box.
    End product....still his main weakness but defo has improved also. If he can raise his level there by a few % then we will have some player on our hands. Out and out pace like his is a precious commodity in today's game and can be worth millions.
    No one in the Hibs squad had improved their game more than Boyle in the last year. Keep it up Martin......love watching you terrorize the opposition!

By far our most improved player. Far better decision making and as others have said looks stronger as well. My MOM yesterday.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    Sums up the mentality of the side I reckon and the 2nd half ball that he chased down to usher out in the right back position to get flattened by Calum Booth sums him up for me. Tireless and plays, literally everywhere.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 06-08-2017 at 12:18 PM.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I feel that Boyle is more confident these days, because he's not being subbed or starting 1 game in 3. He's grown into a 1st choice pick.

Lennon must take some credit for this, and Boyle too for making himself one of the first players on the team sheet.

Let's hope he improves even further, and he adds more assists and goals to his game.

Might have to change my username to Mart1n Boy7e soon

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    By far our most improved player. Far better decision making and as others have said looks stronger as well. My MOM yesterday.
    I'd agree Boyle edged it over Murray. Scored a vital goal to equalise, one us a penalty and set up the chance when Murray hit the post with a lovely run and cross to the back post.

He'll still make mistakes and wrong decisions but he's a player that really gets you on your feet when he picks up the ball.

With our current squad he's actually the player, alongside McGinn I'm most worried about getting injured. We don't have anyone like him in our squad. Can't wait to see you him and Stokes going at New Co's defence next week.