hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Usain Bolt

Hybrid View

Usain Bolt

One last time!

Left by mutual consent!
    Beyond angry at that outcome. Gatlin is a snake and deserves nothing.

Congrats to Bolt on an outstanding career. Legend.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm beyond angry that the beeb chose to ignore the guys that beat Bolt. No interviews, absolute disgrace.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm beyond angry that the beeb chose to ignore the guys that beat Bolt. No interviews, absolute disgrace.
    I didn't watching the aftermath but that's pretty poor by the BBC, regardless of anyones thoughts on the winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    I didn't watching the aftermath but that's pretty poor by the BBC, regardless of anyones thoughts on the winner.
    Particularly sorry for Coleman, unless of course it was a team decision to avoid interviews. If it was, that should have been explained to viewers.

Uh, knee jerk reaction much?

They aired an interview with Gatlin right after Bolt's. Michael Johnson talked about Gatlin and Coleman a fair amount.

Quote Originally Posted by NYHibby View Post
    Uh, knee jerk reaction much?

They aired an interview with Gatlin right after Bolt's. Michael Johnson talked about Gatlin and Coleman a fair amount.
    Missed it then . Must have been when they changed channels. I'll officialy apologise to the Beeb! What did Gatlin say?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Missed it then . Must have been when they changed channels. I'll officialy apologise to the Beeb! What did Gatlin say?
    He said girls don't like boys girls like Simon Murray.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Hibs Class's Avatar
    It is what's known as a Rangers victory. Record books may show a win but everyone knows it is hollow and tainted.
    ​#PERSEVERED

Never thought I'd see Bolt lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    One last time!
    I went last night. It turns out I saw the last race Bolt won. Great seeing Mo win as well. The sound was incredible.

Makes you wonder about bolt,is he just a genetic freak?or has just never been caught can't be many sprinters in the last 20-25 years that haven't had allegation or a failed drug test.

Quote Originally Posted by hibs#1 View Post
    Makes you wonder about bolt,is he just a genetic freak?or has just never been caught can't be many sprinters in the last 20-25 years that haven't had allegation or a failed drug test.
    I think athletics is like cycling was in the Armstrong era (and may well actually still be, I don't follow it so closely): there is so much drug use and the drug developers are always so far ahead of the testers that there's just no way a clean athlete can compete. The improvement in Bolt from 2007 (2nd in world 200m in fast but not stellar time) to 2008 (absolutely smashing every record in superhuman fashion and being miles ahead of a number of athletes we now know were doping) is just too big to believe he did it clean. He was already 21 in 2007 so his physical development was complete.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    I think athletics is like cycling was in the Armstrong era (and may well actually still be, I don't follow it so closely): there is so much drug use and the drug developers are always so far ahead of the testers that there's just no way a clean athlete can compete. The improvement in Bolt from 2007 (2nd in world 200m in fast but not stellar time) to 2008 (absolutely smashing every record in superhuman fashion and being miles ahead of a number of athletes we now know were doping) is just too big to believe he did it clean. He was already 21 in 2007 so his physical development was complete.
    I'm not sure if I care if he, or any other, sprinter/athlete is doping anymore. I kind of expect it. He ran some ridiculous races and it was entertaining.

If they are all doping surely just let it go?is it any different from using supplements?If doctors properly managed steroid use then surely it's safe enough.

I know people will say it's a bad example for young people,but in reality most track athletes get caught anyway.

They're all at it.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    They're all at it.
    Surely Eilidh Child isn't? If she is she needs to change her dealer.

They should just let them all dope and we can watch them all fire round in under 6 seconds.

One last time the relay .

Blog Entries
    British win ....... Bolt pulls up.

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Ah....that was amazing! Well done the relay team.

Well done to the British team, beat at least 2 more favoured teams.

these championships have been very poor for Bolt, if he wanted to go out on top he should have maybe walked away after Rio last year.

@hibs.net private member ano hibby's Avatar
    I used to love watching athletics. I'm afraid now I watch feeling very sceptical about every performance. Sad place to be.

Some time ago David Walsh said:
    We can't accuse because there's no evidence but we can't believe because there's no trust.
    Sums it all up for me.

Farah responding to valid Q's with emotional response is a smokescreen in my mind (he's been called out on this on twitter I see).
    "We've also been unsure about what has happened to the receipts of the players who have been sold."
    George Foulkes BBC website 20/3/08

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by ano hibby View Post
    I used to love watching athletics. I'm afraid now I watch feeling very sceptical about every performance. Sad place to be.

Some time ago David Walsh said:
    We can't accuse because there's no evidence but we can't believe because there's no trust.
    Sums it all up for me.

Farah responding to valid Q's with emotional response is a smokescreen in my mind (he's been called out on this on twitter I see).

Yup. Olympic athletes these days are professionals, more 'professional' than the old professional runners like our own George McNeill ever were. And when financial gain is the name of the game for so many competitors ...

Farah's one of whom I'm now deeply suspicious, and his hissy fits when asked about the subject don't lessen my suspicions in any way.

But people have always been at it - the 1904 marathon, for example. The first guy declared a winner, one Fred Lorz, hitched a lift back to the stadium from the nine-mile mark in a car (when he was found out he claimed he had only been joking) and the guy who was actually awarded the gold medal, Thomas Hicks, only got over the line thanks to copious quantities of strychnine sulphate and brandy and the assistance of his trainers who carried him the last half-lap while he waved his feet around to make like he was running.

The organisers reckoned that this was OK, a decision perhaps not unrelated to the fact that both Lorz and Hicks were running for the good ol' U S of A, and the tournament was being held in St Louis, Missouri.

But that conclusion might be too cynical for words.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    Yup. Olympic athletes these days are professionals, more 'professional' than the old professional runners like our own George McNeill ever were. And when financial gain is the name of the game for so many competitors ...

Farah's one of whom I'm now deeply suspicious, and his hissy fits when asked about the subject don't lessen my suspicions in any way.

But people have always been at it - the 1904 marathon, for example. The first guy declared a winner, one Fred Lorz, hitched a lift back to the stadium from the nine-mile mark in a car (when he was found out he claimed he had only been joking) and the guy who was actually awarded the gold medal, Thomas Hicks, only got over the line thanks to copious quantities of strychnine sulphate and brandy and the assistance of his trainers who carried him the last half-lap while he waved his feet around to make like he was running.

The organisers reckoned that this was OK, a decision perhaps not unrelated to the fact that both Lorz and Hicks were running for the good ol' U S of A, and the tournament was being held in St Louis, Missouri.

But that conclusion might be too cynical for words.
    Doddie - hear is an excellent thread that cements my (and your) thoughts on the matter.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_re...thread=8385777

There's little doubt in my mind he's been at it all along.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergey View Post
    Doddie - hear is an excellent thread that cements my (and your) thoughts on the matter.

http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_re...thread=8385777

There's little doubt in my mind he's been at it all along.

You really think so, Sergey? Amazing how fast he can run on clay feet.