hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: James Collins

@hibs.net private member renato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diclonius View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'll never forget his miss in the relegation derby at ER. Of all the ****ty, awful, reality-defying snatching-defeat-from-jaws-of-victory pathetic misses I've seen in derbies, that has to be the absolute worst.
    It was absolutely appalling. Magnified of course by the fact it was against them, yet again.

I thought he’d be a cracking signing as well, delighted when we got him

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    I am with most of the posters on here on this one.

I remember him scoring in the Ne Er Derby in a 2-1 win January 2014 the winner was scored by a certain Liam Craig from the penalty spot

I have no doubt that both these players tried their best for HIBS always conducted themselves in a professional manner and always gave 100% but for one reason or another for both it didn’t work out.

I remember it took a certain Jason Cummings about twenty games to score his first goal

Not a good time to be a HIBS player and an even worse time to be a fan!

edit:

Jase scored a double on his seventeenth appearance versus Hamilton away in the play off final first leg a match we won 2-0 ��
    Last edited by BILLYHIBS; 18-11-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    I am with most of the posters on here on this one.

I remember him scoring in the Ne Er Derby in a 2-1 win January 2014 the winner was scored by a certain Liam Craig from the penalty spot

I have no doubt that both these players tried their best for HIBS always conducted themselves in a professional manner and always gave 100% but for one reason or another for both it didn’t work out.

I remember it took a certain Jason Cummings about twenty games to score his first goal

Not a good time to be a HIBS player and an even worse time to be a fan!
    To be fair to Cummings he was no long turned 18 and had been playing for Hutchison Vale only a matter of months before his debut. The idea of chucking him in at the time seemed to make sense because we were so desperate but looking back on it now it was utter madness. Imagine this seasons Dundee team signed an 18 year old laddie from Hutchison Vale and threw him in as their main striker 3 months later, we’d rightly think they were absolutely bonkers.

@hibs.net private member BILLYHIBS's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    To be fair to Cummings he was no long turned 18 and had been playing for Hutchison Vale only a matter of months before his debut. The idea of chucking him in at the time seemed to make sense because we were so desperate but looking back on it now it was utter madness. Imagine this seasons Dundee team signed an 18 year old laddie from Hutchison Vale and threw him in as their main striker 3 months later, we’d rightly think they were absolutely bonkers.
    Agree with this 100%

An even worse decision to allow him to take the decisive penalty when there were more senior players standing watching

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BILLYHIBS View Post
    Agree with this 100%

An even worse decision to allow him to take the decisive penalty when there were more senior players standing watching
    I was actually fairly confident of him scoring that penalty. Shows what I know. He should have chipped it

Left by mutual consent!
    That miss against them when I had Hibs -1 😡