hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
    'S' Form

New Hearts Manager

John Daly Please. Total FUD.

Listen to post match interview slagging off Rodgers if in doubt, he's perfect for the job. 😄

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jo McBride View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Listen to post match interview slagging off Rodgers if in doubt, he's perfect for the job. ��
    Agree just in the door and tries to be the big man. Wind yer neck in. Rodgers was spot on there is no way Cathro wanted someone like Cole Stockton.

Listen to post match interview slagging off Rodgers if in doubt, he's perfect for the job. 😄
    Yup. He's been Potter's favourite punt it to player before, so they have previous. Guy sounded like a complete trumpet. Very jamboesque.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's going to be hard for any Hearts manager to be as well liked by the Hibs support as Cathro was, but I wish this roaster all the best in that endeavor.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Left by mutual consent!
    If he's getting upset over Rodgers comments, just wait until Lennon get's torn in.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar

Listen to post match interview slagging off Rodgers if in doubt, he's perfect for the job.
    He's brown nosing to potter who Rodgers seemed to take a swipe at in the independent today and he got it spot on.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    He's just sticking up for his employer. Came across well in his interview I thought. Especially when he said that he can't recall Rogers discussing the structure at Man U or Chelsea when he was Liverpool manager.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    He's just sticking up for his employer. Came across well in his interview I thought. Especially when he said that he can't recall Rogers discussing the structure at Man U or Chelsea when he was Liverpool manager.
    Defending your club is one thing but his reaction was absurdly OTT. Rodgers said, in a pretty innocuous way, what everyone is thinking about Hearts current structure. To then say his comments were "disgusting" is laughable. If he thinks that's disgusting I wonder how he feels about some of the unsavoury antics in Hearts recent past?

Also, Man Utd and Chelsea are incredibly successful sides - why would you question their structure?

Because at those clubs they don't have a DOF who passes wee notes or is a complete control freak. Also Chelsea and Man U have a structure that is very successful why would he question it??

Daly came across a right @rse it was great to listen too. Defend the club but at least do it right and it seems they can't even do that. Mans a clown like Cathro, Levein and the other twats before them.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Because at those clubs they don't have a DOF who passes wee notes or is a complete control freak. Also Chelsea and Man U have a structure that is very successful why would he question it??

Daly came across a right @rse it was great to listen too. Defend the club but at least do it right and it seems they can't even do that. Mans a clown like Cathro, Levein and the other twats before them.
    The most important thing for Hibs is that Hearts keep Levein in post as he is causing unbelievable division between fans and players

Doesn't matter who they get as manager and to be frank, couldn't give two sooks - as long as they keep CL at the 'helm' I'll be a very happy Hibee

Hearts remind me of us under Fenlon - no creativity, players who were bouncing from club to club, lots of loans, lots of moans, no real structure or spine, no proper leadership, chairmen hiding.........'celebrating' mediocrity........

What other club in the top flight would allow their DoF or equivalent into the dressing room at half time ? I've seen their coaches on game day first hand and they are an utter shambles, McPhee included. The best bit however TC - they all still walk around Tynecastle with an arrogance and demeanour that isn't befitting of their position in the Scottish football hierarchy......whether it's Scott Wilson, Scott Gardiner, McPhee, Daly, Levein....... delusions of grandeur make them feel a whole lot better about themselves. Reality never will bite them on the erchie because of this innate arrogance they have about themselves and it's fabulous watching the implosion from outside

Next derby we should have a banner saying 'Levein Must Stay' - he would HATE that

He licking to get gig. Neil alexander confirmed Levein has to much say. Budge has big call to make as all jambos want Levein out

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by pacorosssco View Post
    He licking to get gig. Neil alexander confirmed Levein has to much say. Budge has big call to make as all jambos want Levein out
    Paco, as an example, at the 3-1 cup win, Levein came down from the West Stand and stood in the tunnel for 5 minutes prior to half time - livid. Teams come off, Levein straight into the away dressing room. Cathro comes out like he's had a strip torn off him red eyed (literally) - Hearts players sent out stupidly early - a typical Levein tactic of 'show of defiance'. Hearts players stroll out, unconcerned, onto the pitch, Hibs fans in full voice

Cathro stood and questioned Steven McLean, asking why Hibs weren't out yet - to which SM rightly says 'not my fault you sent your team out early Ian'. Cathro and McPhee stand on touchline like very niave schoolboy coaches. Message gets back to Lennon - Neil plays a wee blinder and keeps the team in until very last second he can to keep Hearts waiting and ramp it up.

Levein was livid so not only did we win 3-1, we worked it round Levein. It's all these little things that make a difference

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    Paco, as an example, at the 3-1 cup win, Levein came down from the West Stand and stood in the tunnel for 5 minutes prior to half time - livid. Teams come off, Levein straight into the away dressing room. Cathro comes out like he's had a strip torn off him red eyed (literally) - Hearts players sent out stupidly early - a typical Levein tactic of 'show of defiance'. Hearts players stroll out, unconcerned, onto the pitch, Hibs fans in full voice

Cathro stood and questioned Steven McLean, asking why Hibs weren't out yet - to which SM rightly says 'not my fault you sent your team out early Ian'. Cathro and McPhee stand on touchline like very niave schoolboy coaches. Message gets back to Lennon - Neil plays a wee blinder and keeps the team in until very last second he can to keep Hearts waiting and ramp it up.

Levein was livid so not only did we win 3-1, we worked it round Levein. It's all these little things that make a difference
    Great inside gem from an ITKer, truehibernian, thanks. It sounds like we have a Fergie, win at everything boss. He's might be a 'pwick' but he's our 'pwick'.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post

Never mind all the players signed with mate. Hope he stays on. I recon Robbie jumped chance to leave as was fed up with specy

That lot have more to worry about than Jon Daly
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 06-08-2017 at 12:05 AM.

I actually think it was smart from Daly to do this. His team just got pumped but all anyone will talk about for the next few days are his comments. It takes the pressure away from his players.
    They are still crap and this won't fix it but Daly has done well to deflect from his players whether he meant it or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Never mind all the players signed with mate. Hope he stays on. I recon Robbie jumped chance to leave as was fed up with specy
    To be fair paco, I think RN left because he wanted to and because his stock was high. By all accounts he got on okay with Levein. Certainly didn't see the kind of interference from Levein as I have done with Cathro (on game days at Tynie). Neilson (for me) came across as his own man and someone who could stand up for himself.

One thing Neilson wasn't was arrogant. Neither was Stevie Crawford, and neither is Paul Gallagher. They had (and have) humility.

Cathro is extremely arrogant and dismissive (overy sure of himself too). So is Jon Daly and so is Austin McPhee (in my opinion). So is Levein. That's the problem with Hearts for me - individuals in their coaching structure are self absorbed and not about the 'team'. Definitely transmits to their players. Their self importance is so misplaced it's laughable.

Contrast that with Hibs - no substitute. Leeann, NL, GC, GM, EM......everything is geared towards the club, not on individuals and their own CVs. Real togetherness.

Still think Leeann Dempster is by far and away the best 'signing' we've made in decades when you look at the club as a whole and compare with others. Budge is having her eyes opened but she is very very niave of football and is being allowed to be 'advised' by the likes of Levein and Co.......long may that continue too as they are hopeless and hapless

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I actually think it was smart from Daly to do this. His team just got pumped but all anyone will talk about for the next few days are his comments. It takes the pressure away from his players.
    They are still crap and this won't fix it but Daly has done well to deflect from his players whether he meant it or not.

Not for me Ozy - Hearts were expected to lose and the Rodgers criticism was directed at Craig Levein - if anyone needs to come out and defend their club it's Budge or their DoF (who it was aimed at).

Hearts don't need to deflect from their players. They're papped out the League Cup by part timers already, have a team full of loanees and unhappy players, no first team manager/coach, main stand late and over budget, fans in revolt - you'd need that Star Wars deflector shield to prevent the media ripping into them and they deserve it.

I'm loving it - fabulous viewing and my Hearts mates are literally spewing

Funny a good friend of mine a jambo he hated neilson imo only because he lost 2? Games to us in 6? I said to him only way down from here and youll wish robbie back. Arrogance not a nice quality but Mourinho did ok with it. I wonder if Cathro thought himself above club players. Valencia and Newcastle background giving delusion of greatness.

Leanne D i agree 100% she has turned around. Brave call when just in job to sack Butcher and give Stubbs job. Petrie would have kept tozza bootcha on to save payout.

Funny how many ex teamates 4 6 0 are putting boot in he was obviously never liked

@hibs.net private member

You could substitute Chelsea or Man U for Cardiff or Sunderland or whoever are making a James hunt of it. The point still stands - Rogers thinks he's untouchable up here as he's the big fish in a small pond.

He definitely needs brought back down a peg or 2. Having said that I'm not sure Jon Daly's the right man to try and do it!

You could substitute Chelsea or Man U for Cardiff or Sunderland or whoever are making a James hunt of it. The point still stands - Rogers thinks he's untouchable up here as he's the big fish in a small pond.

He definitely needs brought back down a peg or 2. Having said that I'm not sure Jon Daly's the right man to try and do it!
    Rodgers only took Celtic job as not many other offers on table. I would say that he has made Celtic a much better side though and improved many players in squad. He wil go first chance he gets EPL or abroad. I dont see him Celtic dugout after this season.

First Team Regular Canon Hannan's Avatar

Media have asked Brendan Rodgers what he thinks if John Daly reaction and he simply said.....he can comment about management when he becomes a manager 😂😂😂😎👍
    Superb!
    BR is a gent. Met him when my son played Celtic in a closed door friendly. He spoke to all the lads and thanked them for the match which was just before an old firm game.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar

I thought his reaction was laughable.

Like it or not, Rodgers is a big name manager with a starry CV. People are going to ask for - and listen to - his opinion on things.

Daly is a coach acting as the caretaker at Hertz.

But what is really striking is the continued silence from Levein. Pulling the strings but refusing to say much in public.

Rodgers only took Celtic job as not many other offers on table. I would say that he has made Celtic a much better side though and improved many players in squad. He wil go first chance he gets EPL or abroad. I dont see him Celtic dugout after this season.
    An EPL job would have came up for Rodgers. He's at Celtic because it's a good job, they're paying him an EPL salary and he gets champions league football. Do you honestly think he is going to run off for the West Brom job?

Daly's rant seemed clearly aimed as a rallying/ give me the job call.

That was purely for the hertz fans. It's hardly as if BR was saying anything particularly controversial and JD goes off on one. Purely so that hmfc fans can say- I like his fight, stick it up them, never get that from Cathro etc.

I'm sure they lapped it up. Hopefully they did! I'd love it if he got the job!

I think both Cardiff and Sunderland have came under fire and rightly so too. It's part of the game that if some power crazed idiot wants to be in full control then they should be outed. Daly made a right fool of himself though.

Hearts have and always will have that, "it's not our fault" attitude or "the worlds against us." As for Rogers and Celtic I agree they need both need brought back down to earth. Be great if it was us to do it.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    I think both Cardiff and Sunderland have came under fire and rightly so too. It's part of the game that if some power crazed idiot wants to be in full control then they should be outed. Daly made a right fool of himself though.

Hearts have and always will have that, "it's not our fault" attitude or "the worlds against us." As for Rogers and Celtic I agree they need both need brought back down to earth. Be great if it was us to do it.

But Lenny knows the way to do that is on the pitch.

Not mouthing off after you've been skelped.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    Daly's rant seemed clearly aimed as a rallying/ give me the job call.

That was purely for the hertz fans. It's hardly as if BR was saying anything particularly controversial and JD goes off on one. Purely so that hmfc fans can say- I like his fight, stick it up them, never get that from Cathro etc.

I'm sure they lapped it up. Hopefully they did! I'd love it if he got the job!
    If my twitter feeds anything to go by you're right. They're all creaming themselves over what he said. This whole thing has been orchestrated by the media and BR has come out on top imo. The jambos though loved JD having a dig so hopefully he'll get the gig and fail like his predecessor.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

I guess I don't follow the Jambos close enough. It took me three posts to realise that this thread wasn't about the golfer randomly trying to become their manager.

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Daly needs to wind his neck in.....Rogers was bang on. Look at me Criagie I stood up for us, gies the job.
    Actually hope he gets the gig as if he's going to react with something like this, imagine how he'll react when the pressures on.
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly