hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by CathroMustStay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Any Hibs fan that doubts Lennon now and the vision he's creating at our club... is an ignoramus.
    Here here. He was brought in to achieve promotion which he has done. He then identified the shortcomings of the squad and has assembled the best squad I can remember for many a year and the likes of whittaker and stokes have cited the manager being one of the main reasons they came. It's a no brainer to give s contract extension. If he does really well with us he may get offered a much bigger job but that would mean he will leave us with the feelgood factor there. Last two managers have been our best appointments since Mowbray.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RoYO! View Post
    As an aside how much BETTER are the HT segments on alba than pretty much any other broadcaster! Seems crazy to say! Really good production value, interesting insights etc.
    HT is better than most of the real show as I can understand it.

Alba need to knock this Gaelic crap on the head and broadcast in English. Could be a no bad wee station then ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Col_0762 View Post
    Nope, you's is not a word. You is the correct word.
    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...y/english/yous

btw...if you don't like other team's supporters opinion on this forum, then don't read them!
    Last edited by The_Sauz; 07-08-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    I can remember watching an interview and Neil says that Hibs have really got under his skin.. or something like that and he looked like he meant it..

cant find the link now... sorry
    I feel like it was after the Derby last year knocking hearts out the cup...again.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    You can just hear him and his green teethed pals slavering over their guiness waxing lyrical over wee Jinky and Tommy Burns. We should keep them so far off this forum and more, utter ****. But that's just my opinion. Posting on another teams forum, especially ours, sums those ****ers up.
    Another team's*.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Don't think NL's contract will be the problem, more likely whether or not Hibs can live up to his ambitions and have the finance to bring in the kind of quality players he'll be looking for to take us on to the next level. If we have a stellar season and we can pull in 15000 STs next year, then maybe we could push on a bit, but we cannot get close to Celtic. Best we can hope for is a Cup and Euro place.
    I'm sure everyone in Leicester said the same

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I'm sure everyone in Leicester said the same
    Pat Nevin to do Sportscene in his pants if we do a Leicester.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    You can just hear him and his green teethed pals slavering over their guiness waxing lyrical over wee Jinky and Tommy Burns. We should keep them so far off this forum and more, utter ****. But that's just my opinion. Posting on another teams forum, especially ours, sums those ****ers up.
    Borderline this. Yammish. Not volatile enough for Hunnish. Michael Whelehan would boot your arse upside down.
    PS. Capital G and second n in GUINNESS next time wise guy.
    Last edited by Iggy Pope; 06-08-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Here here. He was brought in to achieve promotion which he has done. He then identified the shortcomings of the squad and has assembled the best squad I can remember for many a year and the likes of whittaker and stokes have cited the manager being one of the main reasons they came. It's a no brainer to give s contract extension. If he does really well with us he may get offered a much bigger job but that would mean he will leave us with the feelgood factor there. Last two managers have been our best appointments since Mowbray.
    He's been the right person to deal with the "softness" about Hibs that Pat Fenlon identified and we had seen for some while.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Alba need to knock this Gaelic crap on the head and broadcast in English. Could be a no bad wee station then ;)
    It wouldn't exist if it wasn't broadcast in Gaelic.

@hibs.net private member AgentDaleCooper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    Exactly

They could easily do an English option on the red button or something like that.

The Welsh language channel S4C used to do that (possibly still does) when they showed football.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

Please tell us u are joking!! 😂😂😂

🙈

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Well yeah, kinda thought that was obvious

First Team Breakthrough superbam's Avatar
    You, not you's. That word doesn't exist. Maybe a west coast thing but it annoys me. Speak properly, you're not in the east end of Glasgow when speaking on here.
    Have a word pal you ever even been to edinburgh?

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Hated him as a player and manager for celtic. As soon as he was linked with the Hibs job I was desperate for him to get the job. I was surprised and delighted that he got the job. I have been waiting 44 years to see Hibs get it right both on and off the park and with LD and NL and the rest of the management, and I include Rod in that, we have a strong dedicated ambitious group. On the park it's as strong a squad, probably the strongest, that I have seen. We are selling out the home stands at ER. And the fans are really connected like no time that I can remember. Lennon should get a longer contract and so should Leeann. The club is really going places right now with these two as leaders

Quote Originally Posted by mca View Post
    I can remember watching an interview and Neil says that Hibs have really got under his skin.. or something like that and he looked like he meant it..

cant find the link now... sorry
    This link should refresh your memory !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vchBBMZt3jY

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertK86 View Post
    Should never start a sentence with But 😳😳😳
    Tend to agree.

You can put it at the end but.

Always hoped Strachan would come to ER someday but it never happened. In NL, think we've actually got someone who's a notch up on Strachan. A huge bonus that the Huns hate him and he's already done the Celtic gig, so good chance we might hold onto him longer then the usual 10 mins.

What did he say at half time on alba to say he wanted to be here long term?

First Team Breakthrough Hibbycol's Avatar
    NL eluding to the fact he has one year left and wants to stay . Get him signed up LD please .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sauz View Post
    https://www.collinsdictionary.com/di...y/english/yous

btw...if you don't like other teams supporters opinion on this forum, then don't read them!
    Agree. Thing is, the b(h)oy is only being attacked because he is a Tim. Unfortunately, the tone used by the Hibs poster suggests his/her outlook is one of a small-minded bigot - nowt to do with improper grammar. If it were about language use, s/he would spend most of their life correcting some of the appalling grammar/spelling on this site.
    For instance, I absolutely hate when people write, 'could of...' instead of using the contraction, 'could've'. My brain always flips when It's used because there is no precedent for it - it only comes from poor/lazy speech: you never see it in mags, books at school etc. Despite this, I would not usually pull anyone up for incorrect usage unless they are having a real go at me or someone else or if they are going out their way to be a complete erse.
    As long as people understand your gist, you have succeeded. As for being a Celt on our board - welcome to you and ignore the juvenile-like responses from the minority.

Left by mutual consent!
    I think some people who now realise Neil Lennon is going to potentially be a great manager for Hibs but carry some unreasonable bigoted views, given our formative history, are using poor Michael as a new punchbag they would've been happy for Neil or Pat Fenlon (remember) to take with any failure.

I don't like the baggage of the Old Firm either way, but I remember that I might have been born in Glasgow into an Irish background family and could've had (mis)fortune to being brought up a Celtic supporter. I am forever grateful that I was taken to a Hibs game in 1983 and the Cup Final victory justifies the hundreds of miserable games suffered, the magical moments shared submerge any pain. I'm glad an appreciative football fan can come on here talking sense. I know some very decent Huns, although none post on here, Michael seems genuine, unlike the Hun who came back on raging after losing the Cup final, who I'm sure many also sensed only came on to pat our heads, with 'respect.'

Please come back Michael when we run you close/beat you/have a contentious game/dubious refereeing favours the lesser greens, etc and continue to show us your true colours.

First Team Breakthrough Hibbycol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelTheCelt View Post
    I reckon you's are going places with Lennon I also don't think he'll leave the good thing he has going with Hibernian any time soon. For what it's worth you's looked class today, going 1 nil down to a Thistle team who did very very well last season and coming back to win it 3-1 in your first game back in the big league is impressive as hell.

Your team although still early days don't look like pushovers either, Ester Road is gonna be a tough place to go to I reckon. Fans were in great voice too, great for Scottish football having Hibs back. And it honestly looks like you's mean business from Board Room level, to on the park.

Best of luck to the season ahead.
    Welcome to hibs.net and can we have liam henderson if yous dinnae want to play him .

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I love Neil Lennon. He is EXACTLY what this club needed and continues to need.
    Agree 100%, he's what Scottish football needs - ambition, something a lot of us seem to lack, but something that could definitely be rebuilt considering his mindset and experience

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Lennon is good for Hibs and exactly what we need right now. It's only one game but I can see what he's instilled in the squad and the players have responded, to a man they ran for 90 minutes and looked thoroughly professional today. Lennon is probably one of the few that will make the board realise his ambition for the club.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    As much as Stubbs will always be a legend, I'm delighted we've ended up with Lennon in charge.
    100% this, I think Stubbs was too protective of the players at times. Lennon absolutely demands 100% at all times.
    We've hired a winner!

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Wonder what sort of flak he'll get on Saturday at Ibrox, though I'm sure he'll be used to it by now

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Yes it would.

It would be called BBC Scotland.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

After Saturday's win Boyle mentioned that the reason they kept running and working to the end was because the manager wouldn't allow them to stop.

Great to hear