hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Neil Lennon

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: pesus-ab

Neil Lennon

Just watching the replay on Alba. They interview Neil Lennon at half time and he makes it quite clear he wants to stay longer. I have to admit, I haven't always been convinced by him but would love him on a long term deal now. The way everything is going at the club with a stable, consistent management team could see us doing very well?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Any Hibs fan that doubts Lennon now and the vision he's creating at our club... is an ignoramus.

Quote Originally Posted by stokesmessiah View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just watching the replay on Alba. They interview Neil Lennon at half time and he makes it quite clear he wants to stay longer. I have to admit, I haven't always been convinced by him but would love him on a long term deal now. The way everything is going at the club with a stable, consistent management team could see us doing very well?
    He's proving to be a very good manager. I think he speaks well and is a leader.

Hated him as a player, admire him as a manager.

I think he is superb, the real deal.

We did brilliantly to get as good a manager as him, Stubbs was a tough act to follow.

He did enough to get the job done last season and managed to ride out a few rough spells.

You get the feeling that this really is his team now.

This guy is a winner.
    We will not do any better.
    Let's appreciate who we have at the club and get behind him.
    He refuses to fail.
    Just what we need.

You know what you're getting with NL. A no nonsense born winner.

The football won't be the most entertaining at times as we witnessed last season but he'll get the job done. Jose Mourinho parks the bus when he needs to. It's game management and NL has an excellent understanding of it

As entertaining and exciting as the Mowbray and Stubbsy teams were, they were imo weak mentally in certain games. NL has instilled a winning mentality.

This club is going places with the current management team. Let's enjoy the ride and get right behind him and the players

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    He's proving to be a very good manager. I think he speaks well and is a leader.

Hated him as a player, admire him as a manager.
    Secretly liked him as a player tbh. Came across as an arse if you weren't a Celtic supporter, but a player full of passion if you were.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Secretly liked him as a player tbh. Came across as an arse if you weren't a Celtic supporter, but a player full of passion if you were.
    Yeah, I can always appreciate the sort of player that their own fans love but everyone else hates.

NL is a brilliant manager for us. He gets us and speaks with passion. Extending his contract is surely a priority.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Today, after a slow first 10 minutes, we witnessed a team full of fight, controlled aggression, desire, skill, cohesion and, yes, class!
    This is a Lennon team and boy am I grateful that he is steering us through this first season back in the top flight.
    He is a winner, and today we witnessed a team of winners. For too long we have been subjected to the odd skillful and joy to watch side, but with an inherant collective weak mentality.
    Today, I saw a bunch of scrappers, from John McGinn to Bartley to McGeouch to Hanlon to Stevenson to......well, I'm sure you get the picture.
    Any Jambo who feared us before this season started, who witnessed todays game will be absolutely running scared and dreading the derbies against Lennon's Lions!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottB View Post
    Yeah, I can always appreciate the sort of player that their own fans love but everyone else hates.
    McGinn, Brown, Goodwin spring to mind.

Was going to say Lafferty, but i'm pretty sure he's universally hated.

To be honest, surprised NL has taken to Hibs so much. Saw his move to ER as a last ditch effort by him to get back into big time management and thought he'd be pushing for a move to bigger club if we won the Champ. Also surprised to hear on Alba that he only has 1 year to go on his contract.

Hated him as a player and he strived in it. Always mind him having a sly kick at tam mcmanus.

Delighted to have him as manager.

Fickle much.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    NL is a brilliant manager for us. He gets us and speaks with passion. Extending his contract is surely a priority.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Don't think NL's contract will be the problem, more likely whether or not Hibs can live up to his ambitions and have the finance to bring in the kind of quality players he'll be looking for to take us on to the next level. If we have a stellar season and we can pull in 15000 STs next year, then maybe we could push on a bit, but we cannot get close to Celtic. Best we can hope for is a Cup and Euro place.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    To be honest, surprised NL has taken to Hibs so much. Saw his move to ER as a last ditch effort by him to get back into big time management and thought he'd be pushing for a move to bigger club if we won the Champ. Also surprised to hear on Alba that he only has 1 year to go on his contract.
    I can remember watching an interview and Neil says that Hibs have really got under his skin.. or something like that and he looked like he meant it..

cant find the link now... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Don't think NL's contract will be the problem, more likely whether or not Hibs can live up to his ambitions and have the finance to bring in the kind of quality players he'll be looking for to take us on to the next level. If we have a stellar season and we can pull in 15000 STs next year, then maybe we could push on a bit, but we cannot get close to Celtic. Best we can hope for is a Cup and Euro place.
    I agree with this even if romantically I love the notion of something bigger....

I was a bit gutted when Stubbsy decided to leave us and felt he was taking a big gamble when he could have spent another year or so building on the Cup victory. However, getting Neil Lennon was incredible. Always thought he'd be an excellent Hibs manager and that's exactly how it's shaping up. A great manager with all the potential to be a Hibs legend!

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I was a bit gutted when Stubbsy decided to leave us and felt he was taking a big gamble when he could have spent another year or so building on the Cup victory. However, getting Neil Lennon was incredible. Always thought he'd be an excellent Hibs manager and that's exactly how it's shaping up. A great manager with all the potential to be a Hibs legend!

Couldn't agree more with this.

The big thing he does is develop the players. Boyle is coming on leaps and bounds and he has transformed Simon Murray by telling him to stay up top rather than track back and go out wide like he did and UTD. (He could see the potential that many didn't realise was there.)

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I love Neil Lennon. He is EXACTLY what this club needed and continues to need.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

It's our first game if we were to lose the next three u would all be panicking on here demanding his resignation. I am the first to admit he is doing well and hope he keeps the momentum going.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    I am the first to admit he is doing well
    No you're not.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

I personally think there are still Hibs fans who'd be more than happy for a chance to jump on him and I just don't get it.

We couldn't ask for any more from a manager in such a short space of time.

Quote Originally Posted by edwards View Post
    It's our first game if we were to lose the next three u would all be panicking on here demanding his resignation. I am the first to admit he is doing well and hope he keeps the momentum going.
    Why is that an admission?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post

I think it's fair to say that Stubbsy may have regretted his decision to leave.

Lenny has a bit of a reputation as a hard man but he's always struck me as a smart guy. There's a real affinity between him and Hibs, and while I'm sure he'd love another crack in England I also think he is enjoying the challenge right now.

I love watching Lennon on the touchline.

He was going crazy at times!

He (possibly) intimidates the refs too which is in our interests.

Quote Originally Posted by high bee View Post
    The big thing he does is develop the players. Boyle is coming on leaps and bounds and he has transformed Simon Murray by telling him to stay up top rather than track back and go out wide like he did and UTD. (He could see the potential that many didn't realise was there.)
    Totally agree with the general sentiment on this thread but you've hit the nail on the head here. For so long we had players who didn't get 'better' in their time with us. So many players came in and generally underperformed. We bought talent and ended up, so often, with utter duds. Lennon has really surprised me here. Making a name with Celtic and winning titles didn't really impress me too much, 'how hard can it be' to do that with their budget, I always thought they just maybe bought well. I'd never appreciated that Lennon actually made players better. He certainly seems to be doing that here.
    Long may it continue.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    His hibs tv interview tells you all you need to know. We're not in this league to make up the numbers.
    The hibees are back.

United we stand here....

We can only hope that Lennon feels about Hibs like we do.

I don't think he does but I do think he's up for a challenge and what better challenge than seeing Hibs get one over the Old Firm?

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrekko View Post
    I personally think there are still Hibs fans who'd be more than happy for a chance to jump on him and I just don't get it.

We couldn't ask for any more from a manager in such a short space of time.
    I wanted him to do well but I will admit that until the last few games of last season I was still a bit 'meh' about him. I have absolutely no reservations now though and think he'll do an outstanding job this season.