hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Work rate allows us to play an extra man in midfield. Cult hero in the making!

2. Log in to remove the advert

He had his critics when he signed but I liked the look of him when I saw him in the play offs and I think he was immense today.

Lennon will defo make him an even better player, like he has Boyle.

First Team Breakthrough
    Thought he worked his socks off and I really enjoyed watching him. Keep it up Simon and well done.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Today was the first time I'd seen him play as I missed all the cup games, very impressed with him.

Wasn't too bothered about us signing him tbh but he's going to prove a lot of people wrong if he continues to play like that. Really like him

I'm one of his doubters, watched a few United games on the telly last year and wasn't impressed. You couldn't fault his effort but his first touch and his greed with the ball around the box didn't impress. The player I watched today is like a different man. I agree that he might not get the same amount of goals as Cummings but his link up play and chasing will create those goals for others.8/10

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Super Si will score @ bigotbrox next week with a diving header

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Spaceman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Huge fan of Simon Murray already.

Fantastic attitude, fast, strong, plays off the shoulder, works himself into good positions and is always wanting the ball. Quite a tidy player as well. He isn't a natural finisher from what I've seen/maybe lacks composure when he is given too long to think about it...but he more than makes up for that elsewhere.

Don't think we should expect too much of him/put pressure on him, but does look like real gem of a signing.

If he plays like this every game, we can be very happy.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Blog Entries
    I posted when he signed that he reminded me of a raw Colin Stein. Today he was just like Stein in his early seasons, chasing everything, great attitude & the confidence to take an excellent pen, watch him give the keeper the eyes. Great stuff Simon!

Could turn out to be our best signing this window. A very clever player who plays the blind side of defenders perfectly. Thoroughly deserved MOM today, never stopped running.

Testimonial Due
    Absolutely tremendous. After losing our top goalscorer, we look more dangerous and better going forward than before. Footballs a funny old game eh? He's our Jamie vardy, came from lower leagues late. Unbelievable today. He's the type of player you just know absolutely loves playing for us and grateful he's at a club like hibs. He will become a fan favourite. Even when he has a poor game he will still make things happen and force mistakes due to his effort. Well done Simon.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Girls don't like boys.......

United we stand here....

It just shows that NL has an eye for a good player. He signed many relatively unknown players and they usually turned out to be good quality or better.

Simon Murray has the potential to go far in the game, if he keeps up the workrate and awareness of space. He also seems to be comfortable on the ball, unlike Kenny (second touch is a tackle) Miller (from his early days with Hibs/Rangers).

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Absolutely everything said on the thread... +1

Just watched the Alba full game, and was really really impressed... a terrier!

He has already gripped my imagination and caught my attention. Billy Bremner on speed, but more lethal in the box.
    The type of player that every manager wants in their side.
    Well done Neil Lennon for spotting this red-haired dynamo.
    In fact, Murray aside, Hibs simply oozed quality and class all over the pitch today. This season promises to be a special one for our club and for we fans.

I really like Simon Murray's attitude. If he continues to work hard he will score lots of goals for Hibs.

Great performance again, hold up play was the best I've seen from him and work rate is second to none. The amount of times he nearly nicks the balk or forces defenders into playing poor passes is tremendous. Big test for him next week.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I posted when he signed that he reminded me of a raw Colin Stein. Today he was just like Stein in his early seasons, chasing everything, great attitude & the confidence to take an excellent pen, watch him give the keeper the eyes. Great stuff Simon!
    Just as long as Sevco don't try and sign him, B
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    His Dad Gary will be proud and deservedly so.

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    On today's performance he has soo much more than just his tremendous work rate and effort.

His hold up play, linking with players and touch were first class..a real man of the match performance.

Will be interesting to see if he can keep that level up all season, if he does then boy have we signed a player and a half!

And he's already got his own song

@hibs.net private member AFKA5814_Hibs's Avatar
    First time I've really seen him this season and thought he was tremendous. Not just goals, his overall play and awareness was top notch.

Simon Murray could be a HUGE player for us this season. His pace is awesome, he nearly caught out their goalie. Hopefully NL will play him up top against the huns next week
    Today we played 4-3-3 ( i think). But SM could do the lone striker role and bring others in. Exciting times ahead
    B

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Love this guy. He has completely proven me wrong and looks a fantastic signing. Hope he keeps this up as he's done brilliant thus far. Magnificent today!

Simon Murray (unheralded and doubted by many on here as a worthless signing) - 8 goals

Laugherty ' I signed for the biggest team in Edinburgh and we will go to Parkhead and beat Celtic.' Subbed before he got sent off, gives the finger to the crowd on the way off - 4 goals

I rest my case m'lud.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BT58 View Post
    Simon Murray could be a HUGE player for us this season. His pace is awesome, he nearly caught out their goalie. Hopefully NL will play him up top against the huns next week
    Today we played 4-3-3 ( i think). But SM could do the lone striker role and bring others in. Exciting times ahead
    B

Stokes was nominally wide left at Celtc under Lenny. Swanson can play there but drift.

I think we might see this a lot this season, where one or either of them is given a bit of a free role. We have both SM and big Davy as the focal point of the attack.

The options up front are looking good because we have a number of players all with different qualities.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Famous Fiver View Post
    Simon Murray (unheralded and doubted by many on here as a worthless signing) - 8 goals

Laugherty ' I signed for the biggest team in Edinburgh and we will go to Parkhead and beat Celtic.' Subbed before he got sent off, gives the finger to the crowd on the way off - 4 goals

I rest my case m'lud.

Didn't see their game but if he really did that then I can see a big fine and a match ban or two handed out to Laugherty.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I'm fairly sure Murray gets the final touch at the second goal.

@hibs.net private member
    He's won me over, I was not a fan at all when he was at Utd but I feel very different now! I think we were at our best today when we were 4-5-1/4-3-3 and I'm not sure how we will line up striker wise. I know stokes can play wide but I doubt he will have came her to play there and believe he will want to be the main man. Murray himself has said that he is not at his best wide and would rather play thru the middle so it's a bit of a headache as I'm not sure 4-4-2 is our best system.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    When I saw him for United I thought he was a bit of a headless chicken I take that back in its entirety; fantastic energy, good technique and endeavour that will last beyond the 90 minutes.

Jason Cummings was a great player for us but I think Murray will be every bit as good, if in a different way.

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    Doubt Lennon will play two up front.
    That's a big worry for me, I liked what I seen of him last year and I said on here we should go for him. Their is an intensity to his game you don't see a lot, he chases and fights for every ball, he's pacey, takes up good positions and he's proved he knows where the goals are. I hope he can form a partnership with Stokesy but it's a worry that he doesn't. It didn't work out that we'll wi Stokesy and JC. I would have thought Lenny might leave Murray thru the middle and play Stokesy left channel, I think that's his best position as we seen in the cup final. The problems of having quality players eh!

There was a chance at the post late on and he took no time in having a dab. The keeper managed to get it away via the post.

He's a real centre forward.