hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We would not have won the Scottish Cup or the Championship without JC. Yet for some weird reason people want to have a go at him all the time. Weird. Not necessarily this post.

Hopefully when Murray leaves us we can say he's played a part in as much success.
    Yup. Murray may well offer more than Cummings, who knows. But Cummings was a great servant for us in what was a successful period for the club.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    Simon is a real centre forward whereas Jason used to run about like a blue-ersed fly.
    I don't really like criticism of JC, still a young lad, and did fantastic for Hibs. Scored all sorts of goals for us.
    I've loved Murray's start for us, very impressive so far

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Cummings is now a Nottingham Forrest player so whether Simon Murray is a carbon copy or the complete opposite makes no odds.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Cummings is now a Nottingham Forrest player so whether Simon Murray is a carbon copy or the complete opposite makes no odds.
    Hibs players should never be compared to players of other clubs? Here was me thinking that Rocky's a better goalie than Hamilton, but I know better now.

Excellent player .... loved his slide into the box to try and get the ball off cerny....total commitment. I also liked when he was trying to fire up the team before kick-off

I remember he changed the game when he came on against us at Tannadice in December last year. I said then that I hope we were planning on signing him as a replacement for Cummings.
    Seen a few cup games and yesterday and he's done nothing but give 100% and score a fair few, too. Great signing and I'm delighted he's proving the doubters wrong.
    18 goals in the shannest of shan Dundee Utd teams speaks for itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    I don't really like criticism of JC, still a young lad, and did fantastic for Hibs. Scored all sorts of goals for us.
    I've loved Murray's start for us, very impressive so far
    Different types of player IMO. Although he's got off to a fantastic start, I don't think Murray over the course of the season will get as many goals as Cummings did, however, Murray offers a lot of others things that JC didn't. Murray chases down everything, makes runs and creates space. Will be really interesting to see how he partners with Stokes.

No critisism for JC from me at all, his goals were vital from us and he played a huge role in us winning the SC and gaining promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    I posted when he signed that he reminded me of a raw Colin Stein. Today he was just like Stein in his early seasons, chasing everything, great attitude & the confidence to take an excellent pen, watch him give the keeper the eyes. Great stuff Simon!
    That's a great shout, his likeness to Colin Stein. Anytime now The Rangers will come sniffing around

Lennon praised JC however he did comment that he thought SM all round game and link up play was superb and he had a game to be proud of!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    [QUOTE=lapsedhibee;5132417]Hibs players should never be compared to players of other clubs? Here was me thinking that Rocky's a better goalie than Hamilton, but I know better now.

I have not got a clue what that means but if you have ticked your own box then that's fine. Point that I was making was that if Murray gets 20 plus goals this season how many of them will be down to favourable comparisons with ex players?

Testimonial Due
    They are completely different players and both have things that i love. It is unfair to compare the two. Cummings was less running, but just knew where the goal was and could score a free kick etc. Murray stretches defences and game is based on work-rate making things happen. However i thought he showed some brilliant touches and hold up play also yesterday. Very impressed.

People need to stop using Murray as a chance to have a pop at JC, he's a legend and was part of successful period in clubs history. The goals he scored in scottish cup against Hearts will never be forgotten.

Also on other hand to support our current striker folk need to stop saying ''He won't score as many as JC'' - this is also unfair as Murray is going to be part of a hibs team that goes to places like celtic park etc weekly. He's playing in top league. Truth is we will never know how many JC would have scored in a full premiership season.

Murray has 8 goals in 5 games. Now those are stats I can get on board with.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    They are completely different players and both have things that i love. It is unfair to compare the two. Cummings was less running, but just knew where the goal was and could score a free kick etc. Murray stretches defences and game is based on work-rate making things happen. However i thought he showed some brilliant touches and hold up play also yesterday. Very impressed.

People need to stop using Murray as a chance to have a pop at JC, he's a legend and was part of successful period in clubs history. The goals he scored in scottish cup against Hearts will never be forgotten.

Also on other hand to support our current striker folk need to stop saying ''He won't score as many as JC'' - this is also unfair as Murray is going to be part of a hibs team that goes to places like celtic park etc weekly. He's playing in top league. Truth is we will never know how many JC would have scored in a full premiership season.

Murray has 8 goals in 5 games. Now those are stats I can get on board with.
    Well said, couldnt agree more.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Some of his control and touches yesterday were magnificent, turning defenders, endless running and never giving them a minutes rest.

I can't wait until Stokes is back up to speed and to see us playing 4-3-3 with Murray, Stokes and Boyle up front

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Point that I was making was that if Murray gets 20 plus goals this season how many of them will be down to favourable comparisons with ex players?
    Four or five, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Its quite right to praise Simon, I'm a big fan, but let's not use it as an excuse to knock JC. As posters have said they're very different players but they can be equally effective. JC made a huge contribution to us enjoying the greatest day of our footballing lives. Let's remember him with affection, not denigration.
    JC is and always will be a Hibee cup legend and got us up with his goals

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    JC is a Scottish cup legend, and will be welcome back at the club anytime he wishes to return.

I can't quite get my head around why we are not allowed to compare him against Murray though?

The movement we have now up top is light years away from what we had last season, and will only get better.

We have got away from lumping the ball up to an immobile Grant Holt, we now have pace, movement and more quality in Murray.

Quite where big Dave and Stokesy will fit in I don't know, but it's a great problem to have.