hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    I've always like the Spurs call and response between the Shelf and Park Lane. Sure we could do something similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X797dZId1ew

2. Log in to remove the advert

Fact is our singing section now has its new location which won't change so things will start to evolve. Immediately we've seen that the East can still start songs as well as join in if a song spreads from another section.

Different parts of the stadium will hear things more clearly coz of the way sound waves work. There's a big wall next to section 25 which prevents sound beaming over to the east but the same wall probably helps project the sound over to the west. Even a bit of wind can make a big difference to what you hear!

Anyway.. there's clearly some good organisation with the supporters - banners, displays, drums ... So well done for the effort and time you all put in.

First Team Breakthrough Bob1875's Avatar
    Why did they initiate the move in the first place? It seems the club are just trying to get then as far away from the pitch as possible. It should be right in front of the FF goals imo, create a hostile atmosphere for the away GK. Atmosphere is also judged from away fans perspective and they are just too far away to have any sort of impact.

I thought they were very good yesterday although I do think it would be even better if they were in the centre of the lower tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why did they initiate the move in the first place? It seems the club are just trying to get then as far away from the pitch as possible. It should be right in front of the FF goals imo, create a hostile atmosphere for the away GK. Atmosphere is also judged from away fans perspective and they are just too far away to have any sort of impact.
    That's where the group want it to be but that area is packed with season tickets and it is the family section l. Section 25 had minimal disruption but still behind the goals.
    In the future I'd love to see the section grow to take over the whole of the famous five upper, that would look and sound fantastic

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    That's where the group want it to be but that area is packed with season tickets and it is the family section l. Section 25 had minimal disruption but still behind the goals.
    In the future I'd love to see the section grow to take over the whole of the famous five upper, that would look and sound fantastic
    That's something that would be amazing, the one thing however about yesterday was that no one else in the upper joined in with any of the songs. If we could manage to make the whole of the upper a singing section that would look and sound unreal.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    That's something that would be amazing, the one thing however about yesterday was that no one else in the upper joined in with any of the songs. If we could manage to make the whole of the upper a singing section that would look and sound unreal.

Yeah, it's early doors but I think people will start joining in. If it starts to take off more people that want to sing might buy season tickets in the next section along and hopefully it grows from there

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I thought they were very good yesterday although I do think it would be even better if they were in the centre of the lower tier.
    100%

Reckon the sound would carry better throughout the stadium and less health & safety issue when the lads stand up as it doesn't feel as steep in the lower compared to the upper. Think we missed a trick there.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibby70 View Post
    The drum gets used too much in my opinion. All you could hear at times was just the drum and not the singing.
    Yeah I agree I'd like more singing and less drum!

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Yeah, it's early doors but I think people will start joining in. If it starts to take off more people that want to sing might buy season tickets in the next section along and hopefully it grows from there
    I can't wait to be in the FF uppper for the mid week Derby under the floodlights - atmosphere will be unreal.

Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    Very quiet from section 43. They are good Hibs lads and I love what they try do but they are no where near as loud and effective as they think they are. I noticed no difference in the atmosphere and the number of songs today than I did last season.
    Are you ever positive???

Thought the singing section was terrific. Never stopped and gave a carnival atmosphere. The racket was loud and clear from the west and I loved their energy.
    Great job guys.

@hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
    Are you ever positive???

Thought the singing section was terrific. Never stopped and gave a carnival atmosphere. The racket was loud and clear from the west and I loved their energy.
    Great job guys.
    This!!!

Well done folks, helped add to the overall occasion

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The_Todd View Post
    I've always like the Spurs call and response between the Shelf and Park Lane. Sure we could do something similar https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X797dZId1ew
    This is really good but am sure that the organisation and sorting of it could send some folk over the edge on here! 😂

Plus I think the Singing Section do a great job!

Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    We sit right under them in the FF lower . It did create a much better atmosphere in the FF stand but felt when the East started singing ( it was different songs as to what was being sung in the FF ) Also thought the FF lowers were pretty poor at joining in with any songs .
    But it's early doors .
    Tbh the core support in the lower is made up of family's with small children to blame them is pretty poor in my opinion some of these kids only know the a small bit of song never mind a few new songs

Brilliant effort from the singing section yesterday, the section 43 area of the East will always generate an atmosphere so it's nice having the songs started from two parts of the ground.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    I thought they were great, i still think they should be in the middle of the FF but this is a start. Well done everyone involved.

The dream is full upper or lower tier behind the goals and would be bouncing for 90 mins..maybe over time..

I was in the FF in front of the Section and they were great, although I can still hear the drumbeat in my head!

What did irk me (and always does) is the tannoy/public address. It's all a bit razzamataz.

For instance, are substitutes going to be introduced with blaring announcements at every game?

@hibs.net private member
    Does anyone have a photo of the "Guess who's back banner"

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd

Here's how it looked from the East

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post

That's actually a lot easier than you think. Get a Facebook page and YouTube account up and running. Then some videos and song lyrics. Just use the name Famous Five it's a great brand.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Are you ever positive???

Great job guys.
    Nothing negative about it. The atmosphere was great on Saturday just as it was last season. I just don't think the move has made it any difference yet. The noise generated from S43 was just the same and the noise from the new section wasn't loud enough to make a difference.

I sat in the north end of the east last season and could barely hear them. Think having 2 places where songs will start is good and with a bit of encouragement if more people in the FF join in the noise will carry over to the east better this season. Will just take a bit of time but anyone doubting the atmosphere on Saturday should watch a bit of it back on the iplayer, comes over very well on the Alba coverage

Are you ever positive???

Great job guys.
    This

Though because I sit in the FF lower the impact of the section being in that stand was obviously going to be more for me than it was when they were lost in the East I still thought their impact on the whole stadium was better and that clearly came across on ALBA when I watched the game back the next day.

IMO this is a start and I cant help thinking as the months go on the whole stand will be more inclined to join in ..... hopefully we are on the way to a singing, or even better standing, section in the FF lower within the next few years.

Only problem I had on saturday sitting in the section was that I missed the 2nd goal due to a flag being waved from 2 rows below me. Didnt feel great telling the young lad to put the flag down as I know they have worked hard to get to where they are now but I wasnt missing any more of the match because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Albanian Hibs View Post
    Only problem I had on saturday sitting in the section was that I missed the 2nd goal due to a flag being waved from 2 rows below me. Didnt feel great telling the young lad to put the flag down as I know they have worked hard to get to where they are now but I wasnt missing any more of the match because of it.
    Not 100 percent sure but pretty positive one of the reasons they moved there was so they could wave flags throughout the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomson1875 View Post
    Not 100 percent sure but pretty positive one of the reasons they moved there was so they could wave flags throughout the game.
    Yeah there were issues with people that sat in the row just behind the section they were in, at the bottom of 43, so flags were only waved now and then if at all.

Obviously it was assumed having a full section of people wanting to generate an atmosphere would allow flags to be waved throughout without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    Yeah there were issues with people that sat in the row just behind the section they were in, at the bottom of 43, so flags were only waved now and then if at all.

Obviously it was assumed having a full section of people wanting to generate an atmosphere would allow flags to be waved throughout without any issues.
    Thanks, thats good to know. Looks like we might have to relocate our st's cause there is no way I am going to miss anymore goals this season.
    Last edited by Albanian Hibs; 08-08-2017 at 03:06 PM.

It probably would be really good to have the Singing Section in the middle of the of the FF Lower but, as has been discussed before on many occassions, that is easier said than done.

The FF Lower, as everybody knows, is the Family section and is very popular (over 90% of the seats are STs). The first issue would be convincing those Fans, and the club, that it would be both worthwhile and fair to move them for the sake of a singing area.

If you did manage that successfully (which I seriously doubt), you then face the issue of where you would put them. We now have over 12k ST holders and there is NO large area of the ground currently lying empty, just waiting to accomodate the Family Section. So, if you did then designate a different part of the ground as the Family area, that would mean moving even more ST holders out of those sections to accomodate that.

As I said, a nice idea but you're gonna end up with a lot of really P'd off supporters for the sake of a few hundred fans in a Singing Section.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibeeg

Well done singing section!

I found it a bit odd that some young kid in front of me and his dad had their half empty plastic bottles of coke removed from them while the adults in the singing section next to them were ok to have large wooden sticks with them just because there was a flag attached.

The rules at football nowadays are ridiculous!