hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Far better than the bottom of 43. Shame hardly anyone else joined it though..

"Was better in the east" pmsl

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Far better than the bottom of 43. Shame hardly anyone else joined it though..

"Was better in the east" pmsl
    East was great today. I literally only heard the drum from the FF.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Was right underneath them and they made a racket...some of the more mature members were a bit put out :-)

Is there a megaphone up there now?
    Yep, guy with the megaphone starts the songs and rest join in. He stands at front of singing section facing the rest of the singers.

Would love to see a banner for the Derby stretching the whole length of the stand..hopefully they have something up thier sleeve as the season goes on.

From West Upper (North) it sounded pretty good.

If anything it spurred on those now in East Section 43 to start their own songs separately and that added to the overall atmosphere.

OK - if wasn't constant singing for 90 minutes but regular enough to show that Section 25 will be an asset this season.

Keep it up guys.

First Team Breakthrough
    Much better, more chanting , more songs started in 2 stands now, and they're not relied upon, as the east will always be a singing stand . Loved it today, I'm in FF upper

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    We sit right under them in the FF lower . It did create a much better atmosphere in the FF stand but felt when the East started singing ( it was different songs as to what was being sung in the FF ) Also thought the FF lowers were pretty poor at joining in with any songs .
    But it's early doors .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

As a long term resident of the comfy seats in the FF upper I was looking forward to the arrival of the singing section and they added a carnival atmosphere to an area of the stadium which is usually quite reserved.
    It was good to see fans all around us joining in and clapping along to the songs, its early days but I think it will work out ok and the other stands will join in to create a 3D wall of sound on the really big games.
    The guy with the megaphone was funny, at various times depending on what song he wad trying to start, i heard him described as The intro to the Buggles song Video killed the radio star, Damon Albarn doing The Gorillaz, A half cut jakey who has chored the wee guys microphone, someones grandad is having a shot now... on the whole it was a good laugh and brightened up the famous five library. I think the megaphone guy has the potential to become a club legend and in thirty years threads will be started asking if he's still around...toola roola li lay.. c'mon ma bonny laddies.

A megaphone?

Heaven preserve us.

From West Upper I thought they were great. Well done everyone

Thought atmosphere was great today, certainly best I've known at a Hibs v Partick game.

Was up in the singing section and thought it was class.

The fact people in the east are saying they only heard the east and the fact I was in the FF and I could only hear the singing section is a good thing.

2 stands going for it is brilliant.

Loved the display and flags in the famous five.

We're all Hibees and should be happy of atmosphere from more parts of the ground.

Looking forward to Tuesday.

Would like to see a Hibees chant between the East and FF - would sound good...

For example..

FF - Hibees
    East - Hibees

Etc etc getting louder and louder than rest of stadium join in

i could only hear the drum and i was in 38, big game atmosphere's will take care of themselves regardless.

I remember some years ago I went to the Riverside to watch Middlesboro play Rotherham. Being a visitor in the area I joined the Rotherham fans who were loud and noisy throughout. I remember thinking they easily outsang the home fans then I watched the highlights later and found the home fans were far noisier. The reason I'm boring you all with this is that it's evident that if you sit in a section where the singing is non-stop and loud you will naturally think it's louder than anywhere else in the ground. Those in the Since1875 group did a great job but there was also loud singing from areas of the East
    This is how it feels

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    plenty songs in the East today, all we need is another drummer situated in the East and we can have an Easty & Fivey singalongathong

From my vantage point in the East, back row in front of the TV gantry all I could hear of the singing section was the occasional bit of drumming. All I could see was a few seats of the front few rows of it. Glad it sounded good up there guys but the sound sadly never made as far as the half way line.

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Thought atmosphere was great today, certainly best I've known at a Hibs v Partick game.
    You maybe weren't at Bestie's home debut

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    I sat at half way in the East and you could hardly hear them...I think the positioning of the section right up against the side of the FF really stops the sound traveling to the east.

Personally I thought it didn't work ...previously their songs would spread across the East and be taken up by many, just didn't hear that today.

Will give it a chance of course and it certainly sounds like they improved the atmosphere for the FF and some of the West but from today's performance, and despite their Sterling efforts, it's a thumbs down from me.

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    Well done lads. An infectious atmosphere today, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Brilliant effort all round. The singing section never stopped and the East joined in and also started songs which is great.

It's weird how audio works - I'm at back of section 41 and could see corner of singing section giving it big licks but could only hear the drum. I'm assuming the Partick fans caught the full blast?

To be honest I thought the rest of the FF would join in when the singing section were in full flow but that didn't seem to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Thought the east was still the better singing section. Now we're just down one drummer!
    GOOD! A bit of competition /rivalry between the East and FF upper singing sections will help keep the atmos up.
    Last edited by HibbiesandtheBaddies; 05-08-2017 at 07:48 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Very quiet from section 43. They are good Hibs lads and I love what they try do but they are no where near as loud and effective as they think they are. I noticed no difference in the atmosphere and the number of songs today than I did last season.

Quote Originally Posted by mim View Post
    You maybe weren't at Bestie's home debut
    I was, long time ago tbf, but though the crowd was a couple of thousand more I don't recall the atmosphere being particularly electric at that, or many other games around that fairly grim era, with most of stadium uncovered.

It was like watching two TVs in a pub. One in HD. The singing section or the east seemed to sing the same chant but one was a few seconds ahead of the other

Still a positive for me though. Better than no singing/atmosphere

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Are you not a ST Lord?
    Yes, but I didn't get one until yesterday. Someone had already bought my seat in the east, forcing me into the south today.l

United we stand here....

First Team Breakthrough hailhail22's Avatar
    Sounded like a couple of new songs today, Couldn't really make out what the words were though

Was it louder for the players? That's where it counts.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    A megaphone?

Heaven preserve us.

Kryogenically?

United we stand here....

These guys have been a massive positive since the day we got relegated. Well organised, new and old songs and non stop singing and passion during small and big games to get us over the line at times. Well done to everyone involved.