hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    OK just to clarify. I'm looking to get the bus from either Livingston train station into Livingston town centre/shopping centre. I'm not looking at getting the bus from Edinburgh into Livingston. From what I can gather the 801 stops outside Livingston North but its every hour into Livingston town centre so not ideal. Other buses require about a 10 minute walk from the train station which again isn't ideal given that I don't know the area and quite frankly, can't be arsed. I will just get a taxi back from the centre to the train station but surely it can't be as difficult to get into the shopping centre as makes out
    Are you coming out from Glasgow? If so, the availability of the train line via West Calder might make your decision for you, as it turns into a replacement bus service in the evenings at the weekend?

If that weren't a factor, I'd suggested Livingston South regardless, as there's a pretty regular (every 15-20 minutes) bus that goes from South to the Bus Station (Centre). Not sure how much it is these days, as I tend to drive if I'm going to Livingston for anything.
    Madness, as you know, is a lot like gravity. All it takes is a little push.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Is it Livingston North or South station that these buses stop at? As far as I know the 801 from North is the only bus that doesn't require a good 10 minute walk. No problem with walking, its the, I don't know where I'm going bit that's the problem.

In other news, just heard that their opening a celtic shop in the centre. Bug bearer of mine but pees me off you can't buy a Hibs top anywhere but ER while they have shops all over the place.

Theres been a celtic shop off and on for over 10 years at livi centre, usually in the months leading to Christmas. There’s also been rangers and hearts shops there in the past (both pre administration/liquidation).

Not sure which buses are best mate, but tbh for the very small £ difference you’d be as well getting a taxi. A bus from either station will be at least 20+ minutes from the station, taxi will be around 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylar View Post
    Are you coming out from Glasgow? If so, the availability of the train line via West Calder might make your decision for you, as it turns into a replacement bus service in the evenings at the weekend?

If that weren't a factor, I'd suggested Livingston South regardless, as there's a pretty regular (every 15-20 minutes) bus that goes from South to the Bus Station (Centre). Not sure how much it is these days, as I tend to drive if I'm going to Livingston for anything.

Cheers bud. Any idea what bus number it is?

Cheers bud. Any idea what bus number it is?
    http://www.horsburghcoaches.com/bus-...-town-service/

9 by the looks of things. There always used to be a partner service with it (used to be 404/406) but it might be worth digging around their website to see