hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by My_Wife_Camille View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You can tell a player had a very limited contribution to a team when in 3 years the best that people can come up with is that he once won a corner kick.
    And you can tell when someone is losing an argument when they reduce things to an absurd level.

Watch the build up to Stokes's shot that led to the corner. Fyvie calls for the throw to him to be taken quickly; he's in space and sees more space in front of him. He takes it and moves forward into a good position. He spots Stokes and delays the pass until the defender runs past the line of a potential pass. The pass is a good one. We know the rest. Football is simple things done well and that is a classic example.

Yes he was inconsistent and maybe we didn't fully realise his potential with us. Maybe he never will no matter where he goes.

But he did a hell of a lot more than just win a corner

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmLee View Post
    Well seeing as the article I posted deals with facts rather than opinions, I suggest you get your eyes tested......
    It deals with stats. Stats are like bikinis, they show a lot but not everything.

I could tell you that the minimum wage rose last year but choose not to mention how much more inflation rose.

Your article even states that his stats aren't as impressive as they seem as he was playing for by far the most dominant team in the league.
    Last edited by The_Horde; 04-08-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Agreed 100% with the bit in bold. Disagree about Logan. I'd say he made a major contribution
    See that thing flying way over your head? That's called sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by DexterStJock View Post
    No, it deals with stats. Not facts. Stats are like bikinis, they show a lot but not everything.

I could tell you that the minimum wage rose last year but choose not to mention how much more inflation rose.

Your article even states that his stats aren't as impressive as they seem as he was playing for by far the most dominant team in the league.
    Can you explain why stats are not facts? Pretty sure they are.

Good luck Fraser. We're going to miss your backwards and sideways passing that nobody else in world football can do.

The ginger Pirlo. I'll hold a vigil for you tonight! Will be sadly missed.
    Pirlo is the brunette Fraser Fyvie...

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy M View Post
    Can you explain why stats are not facts? Pretty sure they are.
    They are. My apologies, But they don't show the whole picture either. Fyvie, for instance, is better than Mcginn going by that article.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    best of luck to Fraser Fyvie

First Team Breakthrough
    No, it deals with stats. Not facts. Stats are like bikinis, they show a lot but not everything.

Oh dear. Let's quote what it ACTUALLY says shall we? "Nobody played more passes per 90 minutes than Fyvie in the second tier last season. The results are skewed because he was on the league’s most dominant team, who had seven of their players in the top 12, but Fyvie’s numbers were still impressive."

I think the bit in bold contradicts you a bit there. There's also the fact that that snippet has nothing to do with the throughballs or forward passes part and, if anything, playing for us probably made playing those passes harder than it would playing for the likes of Falkirk, seeing as most teams sat inside their own half when they played us!! But still, keep spouting your nonsense if it keeps you happy!

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester B View Post
    See that thing flying way over your head? That's called sarcasm.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Cool meme

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lester B View Post
    And you can tell when someone is losing an argument when they reduce things to an absurd level.

Watch the build up to Stokes's shot that led to the corner. Fyvie calls for the throw to him to be taken quickly; he's in space and sees more space in front of him. He takes it and moves forward into a good position. He spots Stokes and delays the pass until the defender runs past the line of a potential pass. The pass is a good one. We know the rest. Football is simple things done well and that is a classic example.

Yes he was inconsistent and maybe we didn't fully realise his potential with us. Maybe he never will no matter where he goes.

But he did a hell of a lot more than just win a corner
    I didn't say it was his only contribution. I said, going by this thread, that it was his best and that his contribution overall was limited.

Fyvie is a good Championship level player and he's got a good move to a Championship team who with a player of Fyvies quality really should have no trouble at all making the play offs.

First Team Breakthrough
    They are. My apologies, But they don't show the whole picture either. Fyvie, for instance, is better than Mcginn going by that article.
    I am really struggling to figure out how you arrive at that conclusion....The article says he played more passes than McGinn. That's it. I don't see how that can be interpreted as saying Fyvie is better than McGinn.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Cool meme
    I'm a fan of the classics

Good luck Fraser, always a player I liked at Hibs. Had a few games where it wasn't going for him but never hid!

Thought he looked a yard of the pace at times, would have liked to have kept him though, definitely a player in there !

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    What an arse, Fyvie is a hero and a legend in a team of legends. He might have won a corner kick, but he's also won an FA cup and a Scottish Cup, you my friend have neither, but you have won ******** of the year.
    What he just said

What players have they signed apart from Fyvie, Keatings and Stanton? Genuine question as I haven't paid attention.

I wouldnt be so sure about that anyway. Keatings wasn't good enough to hold down a starting spot at his last 2 clubs, Stanton was deemed not good enough for a team going for promotion and Fyvie was part of a team that huffed and puffed for years at that level.
    Also got Paul McMullan, Billy King and Scott McDonald. McDonald should do well there and some of my Dunfermline supporting mates were raving about McMullan last season. I reckon they've got the best squad in that league now by a bit

5 pages of arguing 🙄

He's gone, he was a cup legend always will be. Will I miss him.. no. Will Hibs miss him?.. Prob not.

Some good games some poor games, nothing more nothing less. The fact he's only at Utd in the Championship says it all though. But i hope he does well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    5 pages of arguing 🙄

He's gone, he was a cup legend always will be. Will I miss him.. no. Will Hibs miss him?.. Prob not.

Some good games some poor games, nothing more nothing less. The fact he's only at Utd in the Championship says it all though. But i hope he does well.

I didn't say it was his only contribution. I said, going by this thread, that it was his best and that his contribution overall was limited.

Fyvie is a good Championship level player and he's got a good move to a Championship team who with a player of Fyvies quality really should have no trouble at all making the play offs.
    I'd say going by this thread his best contribution was the Scotsman piece stats with most passes per game and an impressive 83.76% completion rate. That suggests his contribution was very far from limited even if he hadn't played in the Final.

He is a good Championship player and I'd hope that we wish him well in the future as we would to all 14 guys who played that day, the ones who have already moved on and the ones who will I future. I just think that a lot of the comments on this thread are revisionist. He wasn't consistent and I've already said that but minimising his contribution last season doesn't square with the stats

5 pages of arguing 🙄

Only five pages of arguing is tame for this place over this particular close season

@hibs.net private member Mantis Toboggan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmLee View Post
    Oh dear. Let's quote what it ACTUALLY says shall we? "Nobody played more passes per 90 minutes than Fyvie in the second tier last season. The results are skewed because he was on the league’s most dominant team, who had seven of their players in the top 12, but Fyvie’s numbers were still impressive."

I think the bit in bold contradicts you a bit there. There's also the fact that that snippet has nothing to do with the throughballs or forward passes part and, if anything, playing for us probably made playing those passes harder than it would playing for the likes of Falkirk, seeing as most teams sat inside their own half when they played us!! But still, keep spouting your nonsense if it keeps you happy!

You are wasting your time. He's not interested in evidence. Just wants to bang the drum of what is a really petty agenda.

good luck to him. Always gave 100% when he played for us!

Cup winning legends will always get my respect regardless of the shirt they wear when they return.

Good luck Fraser.

5 pages of arguing 🙄

Spot on!

Deary me. Standard response for this place.

If someone says something slightly against the grain they're "fishing" or "trolling".
    You're not just going slightly against the grain though, are you? There are a lot of people on here who don't appreciate Fyvie as a footballer (or as a Hibs player) which although I disagree with - I can accept as an opinion.

It's the fact that you're acting like a complete knob about it (and towards a Hibs cup hero) that is causing the reaction.

Your comments coming from a Hibs fan is why the fishing accusations are appearing.

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    You're not just going slightly against the grain though, are you? There are a lot of people on here who don't appreciate Fyvie as a footballer (or as a Hibs player) which although I disagree with - I can accept as an opinion.

It's the fact that you're acting like a complete knob about it (and towards a Hibs cup hero) that is causing the reaction.

Your comments coming from a Hibs fan is why the fishing accusations are appearing.
    Tread carefully my friend

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    When he was good, he was very good. But by the same token he could have some absolutely awful performances, but the thing that impressed me on those occasions was that he never hid, still tried to impose himself on the game and make the passes despite nothing coming off for him.
    I liked him at Hibs but Dundee Utd could be a good fit for him. Wherever his career takes him, there will always be a warm welcome for Fraser Fyvie at ER.
    Totally agree

Good luck Fraser Fyvie. Great wee player and I'm still pretty miffed he is no longer here.

@hibs.net private member essexhibee's Avatar
    All the best Fraser and hopefully see you next season in the premier league.

Cup Winning Legend. Simple as.
    ​​
    Scottish Cup Winners 2016 - The Immortals