hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Anyone know the average age of both squads?

I seen one of the replies on that thread along the lines of we have an 'old' squad and old squads dont work, and something about Aberdeen having one a few years back and it not working. I wouldnt be surprised if both our squads were roughly the same average age (my guess would be between 25-27)

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    I hope their new manager gets of to a flying start and gets them good results ( honest I do ). This maybe make him think squad is good enough, then as soon as transfer window is shut I hope they get well and truly pumped every game then on in.

Really hope they go this season with their squad against our well and truly past it mob, especially with players causing unrest in the dressing room. ( Can I just add if there was unrest I honestly believe NL would actually drag the players outside responsible and give them that much physical punishment they'd be that knackered they wouldn't have any strength left to bother about unrest ).

I really believe we will dominate them this season.

GGTTH

The foaming at the mouth bitterness is on a new level even for them!

Jamie Walker left out of their squad again for this weekends game. Head turned by the huns apparently. Bit of the Scott Allan saga going on here it looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The biggest sickener for me was (as they described the excessive cash floating about in England) when Richard Gordon was talking about certain Scottish clubs overspending in the past - he was clearly alluding to Hearts and Oldco Hun but shat his pants and stuttered "but of course all clubs did it".

To me, he's even worse than Preston.
    Gordon is a Hearts sympathyser. He's stated in the past he has a soft spot for them.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Gordon is a Hearts sympathyser. He's stated in the past he has a soft spot for them.
    It was Hibs he had a soft spot for. He has talked before about how his head was turned by the early 70's Hibs side and went to see them quite a bit as a student.

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    I hope their new manager gets of to a flying start and gets them good results ( honest I do ). This maybe make him think squad is good enough, then as soon as transfer window is shut I hope they get well and truly pumped every game then on in.

Really hope they go this season with their squad against our well and truly past it mob, especially with players causing unrest in the dressing room. ( Can I just add if there was unrest I honestly believe NL would actually drag the players outside responsible and give them that much physical punishment they'd be that knackered they wouldn't have any strength left to bother about unrest ).

I really believe we will dominate them this season.

GGTTH
    It's probably going to take a couple of weeks for them to find a new manager anyway and then there will only be a couple of weeks of the window left. Money is tight so I doubt there will be much change to their squad after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I think their squad is excellent, a finely tuned machine, like a coiled spring ready to blitz the league exactly as it was designed to do by the gorgie guardiola and Potter.

We seen that against lower league part timers,similar to what Hibs had to face.

The people who insert their small change into plastic farm animals can tell the difference. You can't fool them.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    Precisely. Personally I'm gutted that we have signed a large group of experienced players with full international caps on permanent contracts. And that we have a focused and highly professional management team throughout the club led by Neil and Leanne.

If only we could go back to the days of a team stuffed with unmotivated loanees and shambolic management from top to bottom. We might then have a chance against their galacticos led by the top backroom team in world football.

I heard an interesting interview with Pressley a few months ago.He was adamant that his future was out with Scotland where he felt his qualities would be more appreciated! He couldn't come up with a single major mistake he had made in his managerial career other than he should have realised that some players would never be able to grasp his innovative coaching ideas.Just the man for the job.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post

I seen one of the replies on that thread along the lines of we have an 'old' squad and old squads dont work, and something about Aberdeen having one a few years back and it not working. I wouldnt be surprised if both our squads were roughly the same average age (my guess would be between 25-27)
    Don't know about other teams but our squad isn't old, it's a great mix of experienced players at a good age and young players breaking through.

Marciano - 27
    Laidlaw - 25
    Gray - 29
    Crane - 21
    Stevenson - 29
    Whittaker - 33
    Hanlon - 27
    Ambrose - 28
    Fontaine - 31
    Porteous - 18
    McGregor - 31
    Bartley - 31
    S Martin - 20
    McGinn - 22
    McGeouch - 24
    Slivka - 22
    F Murray - 18
    Swanson - 30
    Boyle - 24
    S Murray - 25
    Big Dave - 28
    Oli Shaw - 19
    Stokes - 29

Anyone saying we've got an old squad is either a jealous savile, an eejit, or both.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    It was Hibs he had a soft spot for. He has talked before about how his head was turned by the early 70's Hibs side and went to see them quite a bit as a student.
    I second that.
    Richard has said on a number of occasions over the years his like for The Hibernians
    I am sure he would have had a wee glass of lemonade when we won the Cup.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Don't know about other teams but our squad isn't old, it's a great mix of experienced players at a good age and young players breaking through.

Marciano - 27
    Laidlaw - 25
    Gray - 29
    Crane - 21
    Stevenson - 29
    Whittaker - 33
    Hanlon - 27
    Ambrose - 28
    Fontaine - 31
    Porteous - 18
    McGregor - 31
    Bartley - 31
    S Martin - 20
    McGinn - 22
    McGeouch - 24
    Slivka - 22
    F Murray - 18
    Swanson - 30
    Boyle - 24
    S Murray - 25
    Big Dave - 28
    Oli Shaw - 19
    Stokes - 29

Anyone saying we've got an old squad is either a jealous savile, an eejit, or both.
    so average age is just under 24.5 years!

Just went to have a wee look on sickback and its on lockdown. Hurting much?

Goodness me
    The yellae van should be coming for some of the nutcases over there on kb.
    If Anthony was guilty of all the accusations they are throwing at him, he should be doing life without parole.

May the seethe continue to be with them.

To celebrate Anthony's return,i had two "well fired" rolls for breakfast this morning.

@hibs.net private member Oscar T Grouch's Avatar

Marciano - 27
    Laidlaw - 25
    Gray - 29
    Crane - 21
    Stevenson - 29
    Whittaker - 33
    Hanlon - 27
    Ambrose - 28
    Fontaine - 31
    Porteous - 18
    McGregor - 31
    Bartley - 31
    S Martin - 20
    McGinn - 22
    McGeouch - 24
    Slivka - 22
    F Murray - 18
    Swanson - 30
    Boyle - 24
    S Murray - 25
    Big Dave - 28
    Oli Shaw - 19
    Stokes - 29

Average age of 25.7 so not an old squad at all. What we do have is a lot of talented players in their early 20s, good experienced players where needed (defence) and a few hungry youngsters who look really good and will only get better. Our oldest player is 33, I think their oldest player is 37?

Edit, just checked their squad, average age of 24.6, they have a squad of 29 according to soccerbase their youngest is 16 Euan Henderson and oldest is Hughes at 37
    Last edited by Oscar T Grouch; 03-08-2017 at 09:44 AM.

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Walker and Souttar would be the only ones close to getting in our squad and even then they wouldn't be first picks.

Disagree about Walker, I think he's a good player.

Lafferty only seems to have two parts of his career where he's had a reasonable (though not prolific) scoring record, at Rangers and for Northern Ireland. However, I still think he's a decent signing for them.

On the whole, though, I really wouln't swap our squad for theirs.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Quote Originally Posted by wallmack View Post
    Just went to have a wee look on sickback and its on lockdown. Hurting much?
    Surely they're not so sensitive they're on lockdown because of us?

Oh bless.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Jamie Walker left out of their squad again for this weekends game. Head turned by the huns apparently. Bit of the Scott Allan saga going on here it looks like.
    I'm thinking that he was left out last week on Levein's orders, hence why he may be out again this week.

Any player desperate to join the Huns is certainly going to put a shift in against Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by 1875STEVE View Post

HAHA trying to copy the Kilmarnock gadgie,

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87

Marciano - 27
    Laidlaw - 25
    Gray - 29
    Crane - 21
    Stevenson - 29
    Whittaker - 33
    Hanlon - 27
    Ambrose - 28
    Fontaine - 31
    Porteous - 18
    McGregor - 31
    Bartley - 31
    S Martin - 20
    McGinn - 22
    McGeouch - 24
    Slivka - 22
    F Murray - 18
    Swanson - 30
    Boyle - 24
    S Murray - 25
    Big Dave - 28
    Oli Shaw - 19
    Stokes - 29

yip, straw clutching from the jealous ones. compare that to hearts and it will almost be the same i would imagine. My first thought was that their 2 centre halfs when fit have a combined age of about 70.

Someone hit the nail on another thread by saying something along the lines of hearts are only a berra injury away from a relegation battle. (I dont recall him ever being injury prone so they may not however have that issue :( )

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    I heard an interesting interview with Pressley a few months ago.He was adamant that his future was out with Scotland where he felt his qualities would be more appreciated! He couldn't come up with a single major mistake he had made in his managerial career other than he should have realised that some players would never be able to grasp his innovative coaching ideas.Just the man for the job.
    Agree, hoping that he gets the job. Really hoping.

Tbf they can think what they want but deep down the hurt, bitterness and seethe is evident.

If they think their squad is better than ours then they are deluding themselves. They have added 3 players in Berra, Lafferty as the polish LB and 2 young loanees. I haven't seen anything to suggest that they will be any better than last year but once injury and suspension hit their already threadbare squad will show signs of cracking!

I am not sure who they will bring in, if anyone, to replace Cathro but some of the names are quite funny.

Yeah a new manager will have them fired up but I really do wish the first Derby had been sooner rather than later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Tbf they can think what they want but deep down the hurt, bitterness and seethe is evident.

If they think their squad is better than ours then they are deluding themselves. They have added 3 players in Berra, Lafferty as the polish LB and 2 young loanees. I haven't seen anything to suggest that they will be any better than last year but once injury and suspension hit their already threadbare squad will show signs of cracking!

I am not sure who they will bring in, if anyone, to replace Cathro but some of the names are quite funny.

Yeah a new manager will have them fired up but I really do wish the first Derby had been sooner rather than later.

I was thinking the same while Cathro was in charge. It would have been better to play them early while he was still there and in chaos.

However, with a new manager coming in I wouldn't want to play them early as they might get the new manager bounce. By the time we play them they'll have gotten used to the new boss and settled back in to their routine of playing poorly and losing, particularly when away from home.
    Last edited by Big_Franck; 03-08-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    I second that.
    Richard has said on a number of occasions over the years his like for The Hibernians
    I am sure he would have had a wee glass of lemonade when we won the Cup.
    I don't doubt what you say but there's no hiding from the way he was swept along with his BBC cronies having sneering laughs and digs at Hibs when we were struggling.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbyradge View Post
    No I don't.

Teams always suffer even after a midweek home game, and Celtic had an extremely tough away match tonight.

The Hearts players will be fired up after Cathro's sacking, if only to show that it wasn't their fault.

I can see a score draw. 1-1.
    Celtic B team will rip them a new one.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    I don't doubt what you say but there's no hiding from the way he was swept along with his BBC cronies having sneering laughs and digs at Hibs when we were struggling.
    nae doubt about it in my mind, I was convinced he was a yam. I guess if your in a room full of loudmouthed yam erkies masquerading as sports commentators you might get browbeaten if you are not a similarly biased / opinionated / forceful character.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post

Bang on with your guess,Hibs avg 25.8 and them 25.5,mind they are helped by having the 2 oldest players at 37+34! Thats based on 24 man squads on Wikipedia

@hibs.net private member
    Preston on radio yesterday stating that Hearts fans ARE the best in Scotland, because they saved their club. I think Saturdays gubbing by Celtic might send him over the edge 😂😂
    I'm pretty sure he also said that Michael O'Neill had played for hearts?

They all seem to be forgetting about O'Neill not getting the Hibs job due to someone telling Petrie he was an alky. That was mentioned in an interview on radio Scotland a while back and the finger seemed to be pointed at sick note.
    Last edited by Danderhall Hibs; 03-08-2017 at 12:12 PM.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: gringotodd
    Preston on radio yesterday stating that Hearts fans ARE the best in Scotland, because they saved their club. I think Saturdays gubbing by Celtic might send him over the edge 😂😂
    Hearts fans also stood idly by while Romanov was driving them over a cliff edge in the first place.

Actually no, that's not true. Excuse me, they weren't stood idly by - my mistake, apologies. They cheered him on and called him "Mr Romanov".

Quote Originally Posted by DickieDastardly View Post
    Their obsession with and insecurities about Hibs is incredible; it also shows why the no swearing policy on here is 100% correct, brokeback shows most of them up for what they are.
    They are the strangest bunch of fans anywhere. The handful of times I've wanted to entertain myself and read their meltdowns, I've come off thinking that they really are a support like no other.

Their constant use of the terms "Vermin" and "Hobo" are beyond tragic. Must be absolutely brutal supporting them.