hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Trying to stay ahead of the bailiffs or something? The wife and I moved to the golf course community River Plantation in Conroe, just north of the Woodlands
    Darn it just missed you
    yeah I was just south of the woodlands.
    i know where you are
    i was looking at trendmaker in barton woods a while back
    the woodlands is very nice so enjoy
    i have a son at school In kingwood so will be back every few weekends
    maybe meet up sometime

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Tug Wilson View Post
    I like a wee visit to JKB. It is like looking through the windows of an asylum.

Couple of my favourites were

1. So far they have had harder league games than us!

2. Only Super John McGinn would get in their squad.

Now we have played and comprehensively beaten 2 Top 6 sides from last season including away to the team tipped for 2nd place. Whilst they have been hammered by Celtic then scraped past a very poor Killie side that already look to be heading for a relegation fight.

As for only SJM getting in their squad, we all know that both Rocky and Laidlaw are better goalies than Flap Jack. Whilst we have quality fullbacks they have who? Our central defence is faster, younger yet seasoned SPFL players.

They are crying out for some creativity in their midfield like say Swanson although they had him and didn't know what to do with him. That's before you even talk about driving midfielders like McGeoch, Slivka and of course Super.

Any post on JKB about the sort of player that they need is a pacey winger like maybe dare I say it Squirrel?

Up front? Lafferty and Isma (I think that is his name. He seems to have so many) are both slow and ponderous when compared to the speed of thought and deed of Stokes and Murray. Maybe ask the great Bruno Alves who he prefers to play against after this Saturday.

And I haven't even mentioned Bartley for Prince Bauble.

So only SJM could get in their team.

Aye right.
    Flap Jack and Prince Bauble...not worthy

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    According to someone on kickback Lennon is off to Villa shortly as the Hibs board are furious at his behaviour at the weekend. Apparently Lennon doesn't give a toss about his job with us.

I'm not making that up. This is the way some of them think across the road. It would be kinda worrying if it wasn't so funny.

They would absolutely love to have someone of Lennon's quality. Pure seethe from them that the best they will get is Hartley or Pressley.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    According to someone on kickback Lennon is off to Villa shortly as the Hibs board are furious at his behaviour at the weekend. Apparently Lennon doesn't give a toss about his job with us.

I'm not making that up. This is the way some of them think across the road. It would be kinda worrying if it wasn't so funny.

They would absolutely love to have someone of Lennon's quality. Pure seethe from them that the best they will get is Hartley or Pressley.

Thats a beauty!

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar

Their problem is that they get a wee wishful thought inside their tynie minds but by the time it reaches their fingers it has become a FACT.

@hibs.net private member

We'll just go and get Steve McLaren or Billy Davies.

Was told today we are jealous of the famous as Budge is going to surprise us all by announcing the capacity as over 21,000 once the stand is built.

Also after the result at the weekend,where they were unplayable at times, will see them go on a run that will show exactly what they are all about.

How the hell do you respond to a statement like that??

Easy

🤣🤣🤣

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    The Jambo in my office informed me today that he and his son got some sort of membership for man Utd that lets them buy tickets for home matches. Said they might go to one or two matches at tiny this season but will mostly go to Old Trafford. I just laughed and told him that ER was the place to go this season. He was also saying that he is going to cancel his DD.

Left by mutual consent!
    Stephen Hendry first out in Celebrity Madterchef. Not only are they pish on the park and pish at building it also appears they are pish at cooking.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 16-08-2017 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    Was told today we are jealous of the famous as Budge is going to surprise us all by announcing the capacity as over 21,000 once the stand is built.

Also after the result at the weekend,where they were unplayable at times, will see them go on a run that will show exactly what they are all about.

How the hell do you respond to a statement like that??

Easy

🤣🤣🤣

You could go back and ask him/her who their source is re the 21k and then after they answer you say 'so it's a load of mince then?' because you know whatever their answer is it will be nonsense. If they continue to assert it's true then offer to bet a tenner and see if they start backpeddling.

Maybe say you've since watched Sportscene and wonder why they edited out them being unplayable, or did he/she say unpalatable?

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    You could go back and ask him/her who their source is re the 21k and then after they answer you say 'so it's a load of mince then?' because you know whatever their answer is it will be nonsense. If they continue to assert it's true then offer to bet a tenner and see if they start backpeddling.

Maybe say you've since watched Sportscene and wonder why they edited out them being unplayable, or did he/she say unpalatable?
    007 I know what my answer should have been but I'm saving it all up. I get it pretty much every other day that we are jealous and they have bigger this and better that blah blah blah.

Once the penny actually drops (and it will eventually) I won't need to say anything but smile!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Trips View Post
    Stephen Hendry first out in Celebrity Madterchef. Not only are they pish on the park and pish at building it also appears they are pish at cooking.
    He should have baked some cakes, I hear they're exceptionally good at that.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    Their problem is that they get a wee wishful thought inside their tynie minds but by the time it reaches their fingers it has become a FACT.
    Been telling folk that for ages - JKB ISN'T a 'Fan-site' it's a 'Wish-Site' where they post any old p**h about us and wish it comes true !

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    You've got to understand the schematics of a carpaccio.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    After all those post vlad years of attempting to make fondant fancies, battenburghs that matched last seasons away strip and Jack Hamilton flap jacks, if the idiots best celebrity fans still can't make a reasonable effort at frying an egg that tells us all we need to know

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by weecounty hibby View Post
    The Jambo in my office informed me today that he and his son got some sort of membership for man Utd that lets them buy tickets for home matches. Said they might go to one or two matches at tiny this season but will mostly go to Old Trafford. I just laughed and told him that ER was the place to go this season. He was also saying that he is going to cancel his DD.
    Tickets are usually available for United home matches unless it is against City, Liverpool, etc.

Have you tried the chips?!!!

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Absolutely...no soggy bottoms over Tiny tynie way...just soggy trousers when fatty foulkes wets himself again

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Have you tried the chips?!!!
    Believe it or not he did actually make chips, they didn't like them.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Absolutely...no soggy bottoms over Tiny tynie way...just soggy trousers when fatty foulkes wets himself again

Haysi Fantayzee song,
    Tiny Tynie sha na na na

I'll get my coat 😬

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    007 I know what my answer should have been but I'm saving it all up. I get it pretty much every other day that we are jealous and they have bigger this and better that blah blah blah.

Once the penny actually drops (and it will eventually) I won't need to say anything but smile!

Fair enough, makes sense to play it cool and not waste your energy getting into a debate. Common sense and reasoned arguments don't work on dimwits.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    They will be even more spewing if/when this man city player signs and turns out to be great. Potter was offered him on loan and wasnt interested (i seem to recall a few of them saying they are crying out for width) thats what ive heard at least. No idea if it was recently or earlier in the window he was offered to them thougb

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    They will be even more spewing if/when this man city player signs and turns out to be great. Potter was offered him on loan and wasnt interested (i seem to recall a few of them saying they are crying out for width) thats what ive heard at least. No idea if it was recently or earlier in the window he was offered to them thougb
    Brilliant that'll allow them to dust down and update that wonderful comment shouted at Jason at easter road in feb 2016 and caught beautifully and forever on camera and Youtube. I can see it now as Barker scores in a derby at the Dunbar end...

**** off Barker ya wee reject

Fair enough, makes sense to play it cool and not waste your energy getting into a debate. Common sense and reasoned arguments don't work on dimwits.
    No point in any reasoned debate with them. Only one sensible jambo I know says they need a ch with pace beside berra a new keeper and two creative midfielders. Plus theyre a meh as to laugherty. Most keep wanting to bet me they will finish above me but I've said I'll wait until after the first round if fixtures until I take their money. But as we know from guys from the bounce they aren't very good at paying debts. They have blind faith even when their eyes tell them,like the Govan hordes,they are mince and no way on current line ups they will finish above us. The jambos haven't beaten us for god knows how long and we have had remarkably the same result v sevco the last three times. Now what was the score again. Ah 2-3 Girfuy. 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post

Quote Originally Posted by houstonhibbee View Post
    Darn it just missed you
    yeah I was just south of the woodlands.
    i know where you are
    i was looking at trendmaker in barton woods a while back
    the woodlands is very nice so enjoy
    i have a son at school In kingwood so will be back every few weekends
    maybe meet up sometime
    That's the worst poem I've seen on here.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    That's the worst poem I've seen on here.
    I enjoy his work, this particular piece conveys a feeling of missed opportunity and a love never meant to be, a yearning to be together but also an acceptance that other people matter more and the realisation that paths chosen on the river of life often result in pain for those left trailing in the wake.

Or just sitting in the pub on yer todd

Is it just my mind but was the whole shambles re getting the stand finished deliberate so they might get bigger crowds for those games at Murrayfield as they are paranoid we will have a bigger average attendance than them. Surely not.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    They are complaining about Hibs getting favourable draws.... wait a minute, did they not draw 3 part time sides and a Championship side in their group and finish 3rd? Boo hoo
    We did draw them 2 years on the trot in the Scottish Cup, so they might have a point.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    Is it just my mind but was the whole shambles re getting the stand finished deliberate so they might get bigger crowds for those games at Murrayfield as they are paranoid we will have a bigger average attendance than them. Surely not.
    It's just a big cock-up but I can see them clinging on to bigger crowds or more ST holders as a comfort blanket when we get further ahead of them in the league.