hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My fear is losing John McGinn.
    The store just sent my new home shirt with McGinn 7 on the back. LD would have told them to hold off if they were thinking about letting him go.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ian cruise View Post
    If McGinn does go it's because we've received an offer of 4/5 million and we can't afford to turn that down. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen but should that be the case I hope people on here (and elsewhere) remember how well the board has backed Neil so far and it's not panic stations.
    I think if we we offered 3 million with two years left on his contract Petrie would drive him there....

I would keep him.

I also fear losing SJM. If we do it will be for top dollar and if it does happen I hope we have enough time to source a replacement.

We hold the aces here, and I trust Lennon/ Dempster.

Left by mutual consent!
    If we start a new pun thread for A Dam Rooney do you think we might get him too ?

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    Here you go. http://www.hibs.net/showthread.php?3...-Squad-2017-18

Here's my controversial statement. I'm not sure we'd miss him as much as we think we would.
    Certainly not as much as we would have. The emergence of Fraser Murray and the signing of Bob puts us in a much better position. BUT i'd still rather keep him.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    The store just sent my new home shirt with McGinn 7 on the back. LD would have told them to hold off if they were thinking about letting him go.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    I think if we we offered 3 million with two years left on his contract Petrie would drive him there....

I would keep him.
    I love the way that Dempster gets the praise for incoming transfers, but Petrie apparently does the evil outgoing ones. Knock a dig at you, it's the .net way.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Certainly not as much as we would have. The emergence of Fraser Murray and the signing of Bob puts us in a much better position. BUT i'd still rather keep him.
    Absolutely.

We need another striker because we just don't know at this stage how every one we have will pan out .... for different reasons all of them have question marks as to how they will do in the Premiership.

A left winger would be nice ..... but with the signing of Stokes for what will be our maximum possible wage settlement I do fear we wont have much left to play with regarding transfer fees or wages, from that POV a loan move will probably be the best option if we want a decent player.

Like everybody else my biggest fear is losing John McGinn .... he has looked really good in pre season and the league cup, apart from a wee spell against Montrose where the SJM who gives the ball away too often reared his head. I wouldn't have too much concern about losing him if we were guaranteed a fully fit McGeouch for the season, but that's unlikely.

Would love it if we got Hendo but I don't think it'll happen. Haven't yet given up hope though. Squad is in great shape even if we don't sign anyone else.