hibs.net Messageboard

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by traceyhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It cannot be used and in its current state our insurance won't cover it. A new lift would need to be fitted
    Will the NHS centre that is taking over the space in behind the goals not require the lift?

2. Log in to remove the advert

The Tent wasnt open for Business earlier Have headed to the Office Is it open now was going to give it a try tonight

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronniekirk View Post
    The Tent wasnt open for Business earlier Have headed to the Office Is it open now was going to give it a try tonight
    It's not open at all tonight

Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    It's not open at all tonight
    Thanks

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    Will the NHS centre that is taking over the space in behind the goals not require the lift?
    Sure it will...got to be some rules and regs re disabled access for a publicly funded space like an NHS centre.

I've got no issues with Hibs using the space to get commercial rent as I'm sure the income will be significant and will benefit the club overall but using a clapped out lift as part of that reasoning is just a bit odd.

Will be interesting to see what, if anything, the club propose as a long term replacement...I'm not convinced many will care too much after a few months of getting used to not having it to be honest.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    The NHS may well be putting one in themselves?

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    There are lots of positive noises coming from people connected to the club - fan reps etc - about another facility in the East and I suspect that with BTG closing quicker than expected we will see this sooner than anticipated.

I wonder if the space between the East and FF Stand will one day see a supporters Hub type of thing. For example a restaurant and bars within?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by RyeSloan View Post
    Sure it will...got to be some rules and regs re disabled access for a publicly funded space like an NHS centre.

I've got no issues with Hibs using the space to get commercial rent as I'm sure the income will be significant and will benefit the club overall but using a clapped out lift as part of that reasoning is just a bit odd.

Will be interesting to see what, if anything, the club propose as a long term replacement...I'm not convinced many will care too much after a few months of getting used to not having it to be honest.
    The lift can accommodate a wheelchair in its current state.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Must say, I never really liked BTG, not enough staff, the beer was **** the service was very poor the queues were massive and the food was way over priced. Oh and IMO no real atmosphere, where on the othr hand the Hibs club was miles better, except now and again yi would be in a queue and it got really warm, mibbe due to all the old folk in it😉 I have also enjoyed tents due to the atmosphere that is created, imagne if we could put up a wee stage and have live music from volunteers, good wee sing song
    I need to slightly disagree with you re: the food.
    Before they got the outside catering (which was extortionate) the steak pies etc were cheaper than in the ground. And you got decent chips with them although the lassies serving them weren't very good with portion sizes.

Does anyone know if the tent will be open at half time during games?

My mate was out for a smoke at HT on Saturday and thought he heard one of the guys on the door say that from the next home game, it will be open at HT and after the game for a short time.

I was under the impression that it would only be open up until Kick off, but would be great if you could nip for a pint at HT.

I know the law prevents buying/selling alcohol inside scottish grounds (except hospitality) but maybe the fact the tent is situated just outside the stadium means there's a way around it.

Nah. No chance.

Quote Originally Posted by WHAM View Post
    Does anyone know if the tent will be open at half time during games?

My mate was out for a smoke at HT on Saturday and thought he heard one of the guys on the door say that from the next home game, it will be open at HT and after the game for a short time.

I was under the impression that it would only be open up until Kick off, but would be great if you could nip for a pint at HT.

I know the law prevents buying/selling alcohol inside scottish grounds (except hospitality) but maybe the fact the tent is situated just outside the stadium means there's a way around it.
    Its not outside the ground though so no chance will that happen.

First Team Regular
    Any former BTG habitues thinking that the Hibs club in Sunnyside Lane might be a suitable alternative will be disappointed; they are too late. My friend and I tried to join this evening and were told that they have reached their maximum membership and are not accepting any more.