hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Lee Erwin

Lee Erwin

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2017/07/27/leeds-united-striker-lee-erwin-closing-on-scotland-return-whites-keen-to-include-clauses/344810/

Anyone remember him, if the story is correct, might it be us, might not be. Lenny has said he might still be on the look out for 2 strikers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Remember him at Motherwell and not heard anything about him since.. since now
    Last edited by SirDavidsNapper; 27-07-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Would take him along side another forward. From what I can remember, is he more of a wide player? Or have I got that wrong..remember him being decent for the Well though, just burst out onto the scene with them.

Punched and kicked by Mohsni was he not after well ended their play off hopes.

@hibs.net private member
    No thanks. Average player at best with a poor goal return.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sure was

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    He didnt look good out of whole incident and cant remember him being worth half a million fee to Leeds. Hope were not interested

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    His interview after the play-off final was pretty good

https://youtu.be/6dX_paNxVug
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    His interview after the play-off final was pretty good

https://youtu.be/6dX_paNxVug
    I'd sign him on the basis of that interview alone

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve20 View Post
    No thanks. Average player at best with a poor goal return.
    Must have had something about him to earn a move down south at a pretty young age. I can't remember much about him other than him being highly rated, I thought he was more of a winger than a striker that might explain his goal scoring record.

Definitely the type of player I'd like to see us sign. Young and hungry for an opportunity. He was a bit more wider i think than central which explains the lack of goals but from what I can remember from him he is quick and isn't shy of a header so fits different styles. I'd 100% like to see us go for this.

Did he play much at Leeds not heard much from the Leeds fans at work?
    Cougars!!!

Has signed a 2 year deal with Kilmarnock
    Can't believe we didn'd want this guy.

22 year old striker with SPL and English Championship experience.
    Lots of potential. Kilmarnock will have offered him washers.
    I really think we should have done this deal.
    He could well be the difference between relegation and safety for Kilmarnock. Great piece of business by them.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    Has signed a 2 year deal with Kilmarnock
    Can't believe we didn'd want this guy.
    He's signed for Killie. Doesn't that say enough

22 year old striker with SPL and English Championship experience.
    Lots of potential. Kilmarnock will have offered him washers.
    I really think we should have done this deal.
    He could well be the difference between relegation and safety for Kilmarnock. Great piece of business by them.
    He scored 5 league goals for Motherwell and precisely 0 for Leeds.

Not that that's any indicator necessarily of how he will do at Killie, but I'm intrigued to learn how you think Hibs "really should" have signed him??

Left by mutual consent!
    What has he done to make people on here want us to sign him? Would rather be linked and sign players like Stokes and Rooney etc, rather than Lee Erwin.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    He scored 5 league goals for Motherwell and precisely 0 for Leeds.

Not that that's any indicator necessarily of how he will do at Killie, but I'm intrigued to learn how you think Hibs "really should" have signed him??
    8 from 34 for Oldham last season.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    8 from 34 for Oldham last season.
    Not exactly pulling up trees in league 1 though. "SPL and Championship" were the leagues quoted hence my focus on those stats.

Hibs can't afford strikers who are the finished article or quality ones at the top of their game.

Accordingly we look to sign young players with potential as well as Scottish players who have moved down south and for whatever reason have not made it.
    Lee Erwin meets both the above.
    He played under 17, 18 & 19 for Scotland, scored 6 in his last 11 games in the SPL in a Motherwell team that finished 2nd from bottom, previously scored 8 goals from 11 for Arbroath, won a move to a large, English Championship team on the back of his Motherwell performances, only made 12 appearances for Leeds but scored 10 in 40 appearances last season on loan to Oldham in the English 1st Division.

It's a fans forum and this fan thought att 22 years of age he would have been worth signing based on the above and what little I have seen of him as well as the small wage involved. I think he will be a success at Kilmarnock. As ever time will tell and I may look a goat if it is shown that he can't kick his own erse.

Aberdeen since McInnes became boss have successfully used a model where they bring in SPL players at smaller teams or other players of ability who have previously done well in Scotland, who moved down south and for whatever reason have not made it (Hayes, Shinnie, McLean, Mackay-Steven, Rooney, Reynolds etc)

Stokes would be a similar signing to the Aberdeen model in that his stock is currently low because he flopped at Blackburn and has had off the field problems. Based on previous ability shown with Hibs we are keen to get him in and are trying to take advantage of his current low standing to do so.
    Last edited by CMurdoch; 28-07-2017 at 04:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Not really no. Souleymane Coulibaly signed for Kilmernock and he is cracking player.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I get your point but we need to be a bit careful with that mentality. Quality of player is not always linked to who they sign or play for. We got in John McGinn which was a massive coup and I think even a couple of years ago he would have been a great purchase for a better team than us.

Hibs can't afford strikers who are the finished article or quality ones at the top of their game.

Accordingly we look to sign young players with potential as well as Scottish players who have moved down south and for whatever reason have not made it.
    Lee Erwin meets both the above.
    He played under 17, 18 & 19 for Scotland, scored 6 in his last 11 games in the SPL in a Motherwell team that finished 2nd from bottom, previously scored 8 goals from 11 for Arbroath, won a move to a large, English Championship team on the back of his Motherwell performances, only made 12 appearances for Leeds but scored 10 in 40 appearances last season on loan to Oldham in the English 1st Division.

It's a fans forum and this fan thought att 22 years of age he would have been worth signing based on the above and what little I have seen of him as well as the small wage involved. I think he will be a success at Kilmarnock. As ever time will tell and I may look a goat if it is shown that he can't kick his own erse.

Aberdeen since McInnes became boss have successfully used a model where they bring in SPL players at smaller teams or other players of ability who have previously done well in Scotland, who moved down south and for whatever reason have not made it (Hayes, Shinnie, McLean, Mackay-Steven, Rooney, Reynolds etc)

Stokes would be a similar signing to the Aberdeen model in that his stock is currently low because he flopped at Blackburn and has had off the field problems. Based on previous ability shown with Hibs we are keen to get him in and are trying to take advantage of his current low standing to do so.
    Great post, agree with sentiments 100%.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Is It On.... View Post
    Great post, agree with sentiments 100%.
    In theory but don't see Erwin being worth the fuss. I think we've signed two better strikers already this window and will sign at least a third one also better.

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    In theory but don't see Erwin being worth the fuss. I think we've signed two better strikers already this window and will sign at least a third one also better.

It looks that way. I quite like Erwin but our new guys look promising.