hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    JC signed an extension to his contract, I'd say there's a good chance there was clauses within that would enable him to talk to other clubs if a pre-agreed offer was made. Perhaps Hibs agreed to this being a relatively meagre amount? Maybe 0.5 or 0.75 million, for example?
    Mean't that we kept him for at least another season, and we got something back for him if he did leave. Therefore it worked out for both parties. 😁
    Just maybe though.......

2. Log in to remove the advert

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    As I said on another thread, its not until the audit for the year is done and dusted, we will then get factual figures.
    No we won't.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Free + £1m postage and packaging.
    That's how you avoid paying a fee on eBay

Smart stuff

Quote Originally Posted by where'stheslope View Post
    As I said on another thread, its not until the audit for the year is done and dusted, we will then get factual figures.

Remember, if we said we got £2 million then any player we then try to go for, the other team will bump up the price for their player knowing we have the money!

So, its better to have transfers as undisclosed, as it keep the money in our club not bolstering others!!!!
    I remember Alex miller talking about the Keith Wright transfer and saying every selling club overstates the price they get and every buying club underestimates the price they paid. The fact we we were willing to pay fees for berry paid a fee for our new Lithuanian midfielder and are offering stokes a very substantial deal suggests hibs got a substantial amount for Cummings. I have been told it's £1m up front rising to £1.5m plus other add ons by a pretty damn good source. Like everybody else it will be probably next years accounts till we see the actual figure. It's all irrelevant ad we are still paying fees for players and attempting to spend a lot on stokesy. I'm sure some on here will use anything to beat up the club. Sad really.