hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alan62 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Reality hurts. Can't spend millions on a stand and have a brilliant team at the same time. We know that.

They have lots of problems though. They've pinned their hopes on an inexperienced guy who appears to have no man-management skills and acts like the Riddler when he gets asked a question. He has a long contract. They have recruited poorly and have some real turkeys on the books. They have an owner who buckles under pressure from the football department. She also appears to be making huge (potentially bad) decisions behind the scenes without thinking through the possible outcomes. Best of all, they are completely reliant on DONATIONS from the folks who will hurt the most if their team continues its downward spiral. May the fun continue.
    Read all these good points and all I can think is haha F em 🤣

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Just give him the cow , he can sit and talk to it
    Jesus. Have you no shame? You'll have the SSPCA at your door for suggesting that sort of thing!

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Do we though?

Sorry on holidays and relying on an intermittent internet connection.

But Scot Lindsay refuted strongly we had to sacrifice outing money into the team whilst building out the infrastructure. Can we refute that given the accounts? Miller, Stokes, Deeks - I've had a few so missed out a few but was it not a case of employing and backing the wrong manager? I.e. They splashed the cash it was just with someone that didn't know how to really use it?

Heres Ed what would be interesting - comparison between them and us whilst we were updating the stadium whilst on a level playing field. That would be the true comparison.
    It has to have made a difference. Hibs paid for the development and funded it out of income. Obviously, there were long term mortgage arrangements but these had to be funded. If we'd had no costs on the property side, we could have spent more on players.

While we also spent badly on players and management, there can be no doubt that we could have spent more if we hadn't rebuilt the stadium and built the training centre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the penny is starting to drop for the sensible ones getting flessed off the cash every week/ month, which they thought was worth it when all was going pretty well winning championship top 4 when back up, now that its not all rosey it won't belong till they stop payments and things will only get worse imo haha what a shame a place that they've never lived in for a long long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Having been on for a look, I feel particularly smug. Its a really nice feeling to see them in such a flap.

"So now statistically the worst manager we've ever had has delivered one of the worst results we've ever had.." 😂😂

@hibs.net private member
    Obviously getting hammered 7-0 at tynie means nowt to them then on the 1/1/73

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post

GGTTH
    That game has been "strangely" over-looked.

Thing is they have decent players just a manager that's completely clueless thank fek

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post

GGTTH
    Probably is a worse result losing to the Bluemoggeners. Hibs were rampant coming in to that derby.

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    They've lost it completely at the fact we've signed two international Lithuanians, proper straight jacket padded wall material..

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....-a-lithuanian/
    Wish I hadnt read that. Other than about two posts the rest show them to be the detestible fannies I always knew they were.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cammy1969 View Post
    So the penny is starting to drop for the sensible ones getting flessed off the cash every week/ month, which they thought was worth it when all was going pretty well winning championship top 4 when back up, now that its not all rosey it won't belong till they stop payments and things will only get worse imo haha what a shame a place that they've never lived in for a long long time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I've said that from the day Budge 'saved them' - all she was doing was postponing the inevitable. A support brought up on '30+ years of Doctored football' will NOT have the staying-power to support a full-time, top 10 professional club when things get a tad 'rough' - I.E. when the basic realities of 'Playing Within Your Means' hits-home ! The vast majority of them will f***-off back to Rugby/ice-hockey/Knitting in the hope it won't be long before another crook comes along to entice them back so that they can once again say they support a 'Big team' !

Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    They've lost it completely at the fact we've signed two international Lithuanians, proper straight jacket padded wall material..

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index....-a-lithuanian/
    What the actual f*** hahaha

That's one of the most bizarre threads I've ever seen on a football forum, even by their standards

My favourite:
    "Batch signing Lithuanians & begging their fans for urgently needed cash!"

Listening to a couple of them last night they are well aware how crap Hamilton is and how lacking they are in creativity. They seem resigned to finishing below us but no moaning about golden boy Cathro which is surprising given how sickbag are now openly speculating when he will unfortunately be given his jotters
    Last edited by mjhibby; 27-07-2017 at 12:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheltenhamhibee View Post
    It's called a level playing field.

Anyway, isn't it normal to suffer severe withdrawal symptoms when the years of [financial] doping are ended?

No sympathy here.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    I find it staggering how they suffered relegation form since Cathro took over yet a couple of summer signings and they reverted to their default setting of world-beaters with promises of destroying Hibs and everyone else in their path.

It's almost as if they completely forgot Fudel Cathro was still their manager.

Cue a predictable continuance of their form from last season and they're now suffering an embarrassing climbdown from all their lofty posturing in the close season.

They never tire of making complete fools of themselves.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Quote Originally Posted by Pedantic_Hibee View Post
    I find it staggering how they suffered relegation form since Cathro took over yet a couple of summer signings and they reverted to their default setting of world-beaters with promises of destroying Hibs and everyone else in their path.

It's almost as if they completely forgot Fudel Cathro was still their manager.

Cue a predictable continuance of their form from last season and they're now suffering an embarrassing climbdown from all their lofty posturing in the close season.

They never tire of making complete fools of themselves.
    That's what they are struggling to deal with. Delusions of grandeur don't work in the real world. They are honking with a comedy character manager and they'd better get used to it.

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

That's one of the most bizarre threads I've ever seen on a football forum, even by their standards

My favourite:

I laughed at that too, then thought maybe it was sarcasm.. or a Hibby at the wind up.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Left by mutual consent!
    It is comedy gold. One joker put "Lets not distort the facts. It was not our best team out there. Close to our best team but not our best."

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by surreyhibbie View Post
    I laughed at that too, then thought maybe it was sarcasm.. or a Hibby at the wind up.
    Indeed, there's a world of difference between signing players from different teams in different parts of Europe and actually paying money for them up front, and being sent a faxed list of guys that your megalomaniac owner has decided you'll sign. And as for paying for them, well we all know the history from their very own published creditors list.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post

My favourite:

We've also been batch-signing Scots: Swanson and Murray.

First Team Regular NthCarolinaHibs's Avatar
    They seem to think signing a few new players,in coming weeks,will make all the difference... certainly worked out well, in the last window,for them...

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    We've also been batch-signing Scots: Swanson and Murray.
    And Whittaker. We've signed more Scots than they have 😂 roasters

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    True!

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    And in Whittaker's case, we've signed the very Scots that Hearts were after, too....

changed days in the capital

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    " Raising money, buying Lithuanian's..

Petrie will buy a submarine soon. "

Brilliant.
    It's not until he's bumped the Lady Haig Poppy Fund, misappropriated £300m of folks hard earned, faked a heart attack to avoid being arrested and spent the rest of the time on the run with the aid of Putin refusing extradition requests, only then could Rod can be classed in the same league as Vlad.

I hope they get him in a court, Vlad not Rod, as it might make the Rangers shenanigans look pretty tame.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    It's not until he's bumped the Lady Haig Poppy Fund, misappropriated £300m of folks hard earned, faked a heart attack to avoid being arrested and spent the rest of the time on the run with the aid of Putin refusing extradition requests, only then could Rod can be classed in the same league as Vlad.

I hope they get him in a court, Vlad not Rod, as it might make the Rangers shenanigans look pretty tame.
    Has anyone seen their equivalent of the Rangers thread? They're pretty vocal about The Rangers being stripped of the titles without any hint of referral to their own time of financial doping and what would be their equivalent removal of the 2 Scottish cups won during the Vlad years. Those 2 cups should have asterisks beside them.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by heidtheba View Post
    I had a wee peek over there earlier (I know, I know, I shouldn't but it's just too tempting on days like this...). Anyhoo, what struck me wasn't the ironic frenzy over us signing a '6ft3 huddy' and a 'Lithuanian' but a few roasters suggesting we were desperately short of cash. Don't they realise that saying 'Tick Tock' has to come with some backing and isn't just a reversible insult (even if the gits did manage to get away with shaf&*ng the tax payer last time)?
    Where do they get that we're short of cash?
    Cutting your cloth accordingly is a bi&*h aint it Yams!
    Like a lot of idiots the put 2 and 2 together and get 2. 1 2 plus 1 2 is 2 2s so = 2. Signing Lithuanians equates to Admin or Liquidation. Must be true as it happened to them. HSL asking for 100k equates to FOH demanding fans stay behind the club in its dark hours which must be admin as it happened to them. We used tick tock so they do and are laughing last and loudest as we are going under. It's never occurred to the less bright that you can invest in a financially stable team....

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post

As any fule no, Rod's got his eye on a helicopter, not a sub.

Roasters.

@hibs.net private member HibbyAndy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PapillonVert View Post
    It's called a level playing field.

Anyway, isn't it normal to suffer severe withdrawal symptoms when the years of [financial] doping are ended?

No sympathy here.

Bang on the money

They have been cheating for years and years and are now on a level playing field and they don't like it.. Hibs will dominate most derbies for the foreseeable.