hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Why, Its not their fault?

They bought the tickets in good faith?

If I had bought them I wouldn't be moving

Not because I wanted to be an arse but because I knew I had the right to sit in that seat but wouldn't know the situation in any other.

There is probably a good reason why they purchased that specific seat also
    I didn't say it was their fault?

Get there early sit in your ST seat, when they arrive show them your ST card explain the issue and give them the other tickets, problem solved and you're next to your brother with no hassle.....perfect. If they object you're stuffed. It's just an idea,I'm not suggesting being aggressive over it.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 27-07-2017 at 09:13 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    There lies the exact problem I was alluding to last night.

I'm sure you wouldn't be alone in having this approach but both people have a legitimate claim to sit in that seat so someone would need to have the casting vote on who sits where.

If Hibs decide that it's the season ticket holder who needs to move for that one match then I'm not sure you would be able to do as you suggest, even although I totally sympathise with that approach.
    Pretty sure you could come to arrangement if the seats are close and you want to sit next to relative etc. I'm not suggesting being aggressive with the other ticket holder. Just get there early and explain when they arrive, giving them the other seat tickets. I would happily oblige in such a situation for a ST holder.

Left by mutual consent!
    There lies the exact problem I was alluding to last night.

I'm sure you wouldn't be alone in having this approach but both people have a legitimate claim to sit in that seat so someone would need to have the casting vote on who sits where.

If Hibs decide that it's the season ticket holder who needs to move for that one match then I'm not sure you would be able to do as you suggest, even although I totally sympathise with that approach.
    Tthere's a lot of bored people on this thread making up all kinds of scenarios for what reason I don't know, it's not difficult. Both people DO NOT have a claim to the seat, the person buying the season ticket will have been explained the circunstances for the games where tickets have been sold for that game.

The only person entitled to sit in that seat is the person who bought the ticket first.Going up to or sitting in that persons seat beforehand will only end up making the season ticket holder looking a bit silly.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Pretty sure you could come to arrangement if the seats are close and you want to sit next to relative etc. I'm not suggesting being aggressive with the other ticket holder. Just get there early and explain when they arrive, giving them the other seat tickets. I would happily oblige in such a situation for a ST holder.
    And if said ticket was in say the end aisles of the east? sure you would.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post
    Tthere's a lot of bored people on this thread making up all kinds of scenarios for what reason I don't know, it's not difficult. Both people DO NOT have a claim to the seat, the person buying the season ticket will have been explained the circunstances for the games where tickets have been sold for that game.

The only person entitled to sit in that seat is the person who bought the ticket first.Going up to or sitting in that persons seat beforehand will only end up making the season ticket holder looking a bit silly.
    So one person purchases a one off ticket for a seat for a single match and another person purchases a season ticket for the same seat for the entire season and you don't think they both have a claim on that seat?

If it's explained to you before you purchase your season ticket that you will have to move seats for a certain amount of games due to that seat already being taken by a walk up fan and you still decide to buy your season ticket there then that's fair enough. I don't think anyone actually knows for certain though.

[QUOTE=Super_JMcGinn;5117176]And if said ticket was in say the end aisles of the east?

It's already been explained about the proximity to the original seat.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 27-07-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super_JMcGinn View Post

We're not bored, we just having a good discussion, if you don't like it leave the thread alone!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    I don't see how the problem that you guys are discussing can arise?

If a seat has been sold for the Partick game then it won't be available to buy as a ST therefore there won't be two people trying to sit in the same seat.

What am I missing here?

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post

If a seat has been sold for the Partick game then it won't be available to buy as a ST therefore there won't be two people trying to sit in the same seat.

What am I missing here?
    You're not missing anything, no one has suggested that two people have claim to the same seat. Just discussing how a ST holder might ask to swap seats and sit there. There no problem just hypothetical.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 27-07-2017 at 10:32 PM.

So one person purchases a one off ticket for a seat for a single match and another person purchases a season ticket for the same seat for the entire season and you don't think they both have a claim on that seat?
    How can that happen?

Left by mutual consent!

What am I missing here?
    The seat in question was a s/t seat the season before and that person tried to renew but the e-ticketing system let him down.

When he did manage to renew he was told Hibs had sold tickets for 3 games. He's been issued with paper tickets for those games but not next to his brother.

Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    The seat in question was a s/t seat the season before and that person tried to renew but the e-ticketing system let him down.

When he did manage to renew he was told Hibs had sold tickets for 3 games. He's been issued with paper tickets for those games but not next to his brother.
    Ah, thanks. Couldn't get my head around it at all. Nice one.

Left by mutual consent!
    Ah, thanks. Couldn't get my head around it at all. Nice one.
    No problem. The s/t holder is called SRH. Location is Newcastle/Gateshead. Some journey to make and not be able to sit in your own seat.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by connerg View Post
    No problem. The s/t holder is called SRH. Location is Newcastle/Gateshead. Some journey to make and not be able to sit in your own seat.
    But it's not your seat if it's been sold to another fan for that game. If you've bought your ST late then you will not be guaranteed the same seat for every game if it's been sold prior to you buying a ST

@hibs.net private member Callum7's Avatar
    They should make the ST available, but state that the seat will not be available for certain games and have a discounted price based on how many games are unavailable.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    But it's not your seat if it's been sold to another fan for that game. If you've bought your ST late then you will not be guaranteed the same seat for every game if it's been sold prior to you buying a ST
    In my case the club was going to contact me when they released the seat (after a problem when I attempted to purchase initially), either by email or phone. They did neither and just sold it. Not the end of the world but poor customer service.

Left by mutual consent!
    I hear what you're saying but he did contact the ticket office telling them he was having problems renewing online.

The ticket office said they'll look into it and get back to him but they never. Think he feels a wee bit let down.

Quote Originally Posted by HibsNutter View Post
    Folk have had months to get season tickets and the club obviously now don't anticipate that we are going to sell many more. Putting tickets on sale in advance will allow people who are travelling here for a game to plan ahead.
    since when was this considered? for years we have heard of many Hibs fans organising their travel arrangements only to be told a week before that the date or time was changed. I still have to get my ST btw, and will just need to see whats available but no complaint with that.I don't agree that the club are obviously sure that the STs are all but done, either

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

First time ever we've had this dilemma which just shows how far we've come as a club. Still a way to go but no doubt the feel good factor is there.

I've got an ST and miss a few games if I'm stuck in London. If I can't get up to Edinburgh then I'll definitely be releasing my seat in the East so walk ups can buy a ticket for that seat. That way we get more revenue for Hibs and more fans in stadium. I think all ST holders should be encouraged to make a quick and simple phone call to ticket office if they can't make games.