hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Season Ticket Sales and feel-good factor

If anyone fancies a joyous sight, have a look over at the dot-count for our season tickets.

It's absolute joy to behold! Looking like we might hit 13k by the time we play Partick.

Feel like the feel-good factor is well and truly back, after waning a bit at the start of the transfer window.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Definitely, the change from a couple of weeks ago when folk were panicking about signings is night and day - can definitely see a boost in ST sales, and even more so if/when Stokesy signs! Very exciting time to be a Hibee

Left by mutual consent!
    Signing Players from the likes of Juve shows our ambition for the season ahead and hopefully getting Stokesy through the door plus maybe a couple more can surely only increase season ticket sales.

Surely if someone just buys a ticket for say the Partick game or the Derby, then that seat can't be bought as a season ticket anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by hibeedonald View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Surely if someone just buys a ticket for say the Partick game or the Derby, then that seat can't be bought as a season ticket anymore?
    Yes, that's correct. I've bought tix for the midweek derby and Huns games and those seats don't show on the ST planner.

[QUOTE=Castle1875;5115308]If anyone fancies a joyous sight, have a look over at the dot-count for our season tickets.

It's absolute joy to behold! Looking like we might hit 13k by the time we play Partick.

Feel like the feel-good factor is well and truly back, after waning a bit at the start of the transfer window.[/Qs UOTE]

You are right, hundreds sold since I last looked about a week ago. Definitely thibk we will hit 13k now!

Does anyone know if the kicks for kids season tickets have been purchased yet?

Edit; just noticed above post. This will have had an effect for sure. Excitement over!!

@hibs.net private member
    Seems like a bit of a mistake selling all home games tickets this early..... If some seats have only been purchased for a handful of games and are now unavailable as STs... definitely will put some folk off buying a ST.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackSheep View Post
    Seems like a bit of a mistake selling all home games tickets this early..... If some seats have only been purchased for a handful of games and are now unavailable as STs... definitely will put some folk off buying a ST.

It is a strange one, yeah.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I think very few season tickets will be sold from now. The next bump will be Christmas with half season tickets.

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    I think very few season tickets will be sold from now. The next bump will be Christmas with half season tickets.
    Unless we decide to put a load of Cat B tickets for sale in the away stand. In this way people could still buy a season ticket AND tickets for the derby etc in the home stands

Folk have had months to get season tickets and the club obviously now don't anticipate that we are going to sell many more. Putting tickets on sale in advance will allow people who are travelling here for a game to plan ahead.

Just back from ticket office at lunch time quite a few people in front of me buying tickets for Partick game on the 5th Aug Gonna be very busy for the opener

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Derby tickets will go quickly as well I reckon. Could be a sellout before Sept!

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Garymcl View Post
    Just back from ticket office at lunch time quite a few people in front of me buying tickets for Partick game on the 5th Aug Gonna be very busy for the opener
    Going to be a few of us having to miss the game due to the bowling. Edinburgh cup final between the Northern v Craigentinny @ the Queensberry on the same day so a few S.T holders et al will miss the seasons opener.

GGTTN 😁

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post
    Going to be a few of us having to miss the game due to the bowling. Edinburgh cup final between the Northern v Craigentinny @ the Queensberry on the same day so a few S.T holders et al will miss the seasons opener.

GGTTN 😁
    Contact the ticket office nearer the time to release your seat in case it's a sell out

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Definitely, the change from a couple of weeks ago when folk were panicking about signings is night and day - can definitely see a boost in ST sales, and even more so if/when Stokesy signs! Very exciting time to be a Hibee

The bed wetters need to change their ways.

This is a different club to the one that got relegated.

Excuse me for bringing down the feelgood attitude on this thread but that's got to be nuts.

I understand the majority of people who intend to buy a season ticket will now already have one but selling tickets for one off games which are three or four months in advance, therefore making that particular seat unavailable to any other prospective season ticket purchasers is not a good financial plan in my opinion.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post

GGTTN 😁

Let the ticket office know so they can release your seats for general sale for the Partick match

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Excuse me for bringing down the feelgood attitude on this thread but that's got to be nuts.

I understand the majority of people who intend to buy a season ticket will now already have one but selling tickets for one off games which are three or four months in advance, therefore making that particular seat unavailable to any other prospective season ticket purchasers is not a good financial plan in my opinion.
    You are correct if those seats did ultimately end up sold as a ST. However, if not then getting tickets sold in advance is good revenue for the club. If demand remains high they will be made available as half season tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by Shore Hibs View Post
    You are correct if those seats did ultimately end up sold as a ST. However, if not then getting tickets sold in advance is good revenue for the club. If demand remains high they will be made available as half season tickets.
    They're selling tickets for home games right up until March so presumably any tickets sold for these matches would mean that half season tickets couldn't be sold for these seats either.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee

They can still sell as a season ticket seat, the season ticket purchaser will just get a different seat for that game.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar

The benefit to the club of STs comes from getting cash early - discounting the match cost for ST purchasers is therefore a win-win for fans and club.

However, STs that are sold late on do not give the club as much, or possibly any, benefit. Could well make more financial sense if these seats are not discounted.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    They can still sell as a season ticket seat, the season ticket purchaser will just get a different seat for that game.
    Correct, and may find themselves in the posh seats for that game. Win Win

It could be a better option to approach the original seat purchaser and kindly ask them to move. Some kind of gesture like £5 off another match might encourage them to move, and encourage them to attend another game.

How is it decided what seat they will be allocated for that one match and is the person told at the point of purchase that they won't be able to sit in their chosen seat for the whole season?

I'm not sure I would be happy if I bought a season ticket before the start of the season and got told that I had to sit in an inferior seat for a big game, just because someone has bought a ticket for that one match months in advance.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

How is it decided what seat they will be allocated for that one match and is the person told at the point of purchase that they won't be able to sit in their chosen seat for the whole season?

I'm not sure I would be happy if I bought a season ticket before the start of the season and got told that I had to sit in an inferior seat for a big game, just because someone has bought a ticket for that one match months in advance.
    They'd tell you up front and you can presumably pick an alternative seat.

Unless you're like a five year old, I'm sure you'd get over it.

If I where the club I would have informed the fan buy a ticket for a game in the future that they may have to move to another seat if said seat was purchased for a season ticket

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm sure you would get over it as well. That wasn't quite what I was getting at though.

You've clarified my answer about it being declared up front though so cheers.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

I'm sure you would get over it as well. That wasn't quite what I was getting at though.

You've clarified my answer about it being declared up front though so cheers.
    I'm not sure if it is actually the case that you'd be told up front, I just think that's the easiest way to approach it.

I'm not sure if it is actually the case that you'd be told up front, I just think that's the easiest way to approach it.
    I'd like to think that's how it would work.

I think it would be logical to assume that if you buy a certain season ticket seat, you'll have that seat for the full season. There could be issues if two people turn up to sit in the same seat without any prior warning.