hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: £30

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar

£30

That's the adult price for away fans at Celtic Park this season, £27 restricted review
    I presume we'll charge them at most £28?

2. Log in to remove the advert

How much are they charging home fans for non restricted view?

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's the adult price for away fans at Celtic Park this season, £27 restricted review
    I presume we'll charge them at most £28?
    Hibs should charge the soap dodgers £32 to come to ER.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    As much as I'd love to get it up the soap dodgers, is it not a rule that you need to charge both home and away fans the same amount?

Cant say I like the idea of ramming our own fans with £30 walk-up tickets just to get one back at them.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: O7 titch 62
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    As much as I'd love to get it up the soap dodgers, is it not a rule that you need to charge both home and away fans the same amount?

Cant say I like the idea of ramming our own fans with £30 walk-up tickets just to get one back at them.
    Most of the famous five is season ticket charge them £35

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I'm not one for tit-for-tat gestures. We should charge a fair price and not worry about what others charge. £30 is a bit steep for one of the poorest away ends in Scotland right enough, but given its been a few seasons since we have been it's probably what I'd have guessed it would be.

@hibs.net private member
    I think we should charge them more. It's nonsense that the richest club in Scotland is fleecing fans

Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    I think we should charge them more. It's nonsense that the richest club in Scotland is fleecing fans
    Why? Just because Celtic are sitting with a few million in the bank doesn't mean their travelling support are awash with cash. £30 for parkhead is a rip-off but so is the £28 we charge for Cat A games.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    I think we should charge them £20.

I also think they should charge us £20.

How about making it more affordable all round

Quote Originally Posted by F_Sauzee_4 View Post

Exactly, it isn't Celtic that would suffer if we raise our price, it's both sets of fans.

Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Why? Just because Celtic are sitting with a few million in the bank doesn't mean their travelling support are awash with cash. £30 for parkhead is a rip-off but so is the £28 we charge for Cat A games.
    I agree ...... I have never had a problem with Hibs charging premier league prices in the championship, the money was definitely required to keep us at a standard needed to ensure we would go back up relatively quickly and we have a huge infrastructure to maintain compared to most other clubs. But at the same time even when we were in the premier league I thought £28 was too much for Cat A games .... yes by all means charge a bit more, but to me 'a bit more' is £3 not £6.

In my opinion psychologically £28 seems more like £30 in folks minds and from that perspective I cant help thinking it affects our home support at these games, especially when they are almost always at stupid kick off times and live on the telly ..... how many times has the support in the home sections at ER been less than it should have been for games against Celtic and Sevco .... I know some folk don't like these games and some say they wont take their kids, but in all honesty I think that's a tiny minority ... in truth £28 a ticket has just as much a part to play in us having 12 or 13 thousand in the home stands for these games than all the other factors combined.

What Celtic do is up to them and for me the richest club in Scotland charging £30 for a ticket is fleecing the fans, but so far as Hibs go I think the most we should charge for any match is £25.

Quote Originally Posted by F_Sauzee_4 View Post

Because players aren't affordable.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Heart charged us £36 if you think back a bit.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    We should be setting an example by reducing ticket prices not looking to out-charge our opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I thought £33 was the highest?

It's all fairly irrelevant as UEFA have a rule (at least they used to) that says that travelling fans should be charged the same amount, or less, than they would be for a home game.

As Norway is quite an expensive country, I can only assume that £30 must be the going rate for games over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    How much are they charging home fans for non restricted view?
    Have they not sold out season tickets? So no walk ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    Aye August 2007 when we won 1-0. The Makalamby night. I was there. Worth every pound to get it up them. I thought it was £34.

The FA down south made a rule that said the most anyone can charge for a premiership away ticket is £30 (so everyone charges £30, a bit like the tuition fees 'cap'). Still a good idea though, the SFA should bring in a cap as well, probably lower because we don't have to fund such excessive wages. £25 seems about right.

I honestly can't understand how Celtic continually get away with selling tickets which are advertised as having a restricted view and they're charging people almost £30 for the pleasure.

When you throw in travel costs, catering spend and contributing to an opposition clubs finances, away fans should pay less than home fans. £15 would be a fair figure, and would maybe encourage more fans to travel.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    I honestly can't understand how Celtic continually get away with selling tickets which are advertised as having a restricted view and they're charging people almost £30 for the pleasure.
    This was my seat one time at Parkhead .

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    This was my seat one time at Parkhead .

That's pathetic.

There's no danger they should be allowed to charge people £27 for sitting in that seat.

Unfortunately they can charge what they like and as they give the away team so little tickets it's not a big loss if teams don't sell all allocation.

The way to get back at them is cut there allocations when they come to us, it would be great if we in the position to half there ticket allocation and sell out to our fans

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by cammy1969 View Post
    Unfortunately they can charge what they like and as they give the away team so little tickets it's not a big loss if teams don't sell all allocation.

The way to get back at them is cut there allocations when they come to us, it would be great if we in the position to half there ticket allocation and sell out to our fans

If it was an unrestricted view then I could see the argument for them being able to charge whatever they want.

Considering you have a massive pillar blocking a considerable amount of your view and Celtic acknowledge the fact that it's a restricted view, there is no way they should be able to charge whatever they want and certainly not £27.

If it was an unrestricted view then I could see the argument for them being able to charge whatever they want.

Considering you have a massive pillar blocking a considerable amount of your view and Celtic acknowledge the fact that it's a restricted view, there is no way they should be able to charge whatever they want and certainly not £27.
    Yeah mate I agree but there should be a rule from sfa that states any seat with restricted view in any ground can only be sold for £15-£20 max or even not sold at all, but as always it's fzxq the fans the very people who keep them in a job with over inflated salarys.

Football is getting ridiculous.

£30 blimey.

Quote Originally Posted by 3pm View Post
    I thought £33 was the highest?
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Aye August 2007 when we won 1-0. The Makalamby night. I was there. Worth every pound to get it up them. I thought it was £34.

Sure it was £36, positive they added a ridiculous booking fee on to the face value.

£49 for the champions league match at park head v Man City, I was lucky enough to get a ticket in the city end. Row D awful view, electric advertising boards meant you couldn't see the far end goals and that was supposed to be non restricted view.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott_b_ View Post
    Celtc fans and a wash don't go together very often.