hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ryan porteous

Ryan porteous

This lad could play a part this season . Take away the goals and he has still strolled through games . Loves a tackle and is great in the air. He is also a massive hibs fan which is always a bonus

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by 21sMay View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This lad could play a part this season . Take away the goals and he has still strolled through games . Loves a tackle and is great in the air. He is also a massive hibs fan which is always a bonus
    Love this lad!! Cool as, and he can play.

We had a thread on him a week or so ago.

Having watched him and a few others of the young development team last season we have a few excellent young players coming through.

Ryan is the next Hanlon and a bonus he is scoring too!

Keep up the good work.

Looked liked he'd been in our first team for years. Very good performance again.

Absolutely delighted for him. Nothing better than one of our won representing us! Deserves to be in the mix for next Saturday.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Looks like he will be a very good player for us.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    The likes of Porteous, Murray and Shaw etc, have all Glenn given a chance by Lennon, and taken it
    Lennon went to most the development games last season, coaching from the side, so he knows what they are capable of

Testimonial Due Billychaotic182's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Billy Chaotic PSN ID: BillyChaotic
    Don't want to get ahead of myself but he is really talented and strolled through the games he has played so far

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Tin hat firmly on here but I thought he got caught out on numerous occasions in the first half today because he was diving in. Looks a good prospect but still a lot to work on I think.

Took both goals well and got the penalty we missed though so I won't grumble too much about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Billychaotic182 View Post
    Don't want to get ahead of myself but he is really talented and strolled through the games he has played so far
    He's only just turned 18, Lennon's got a big decision to make, whether to keep him or put him out on loan until January

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He's only just turned 18, Lennon's got a big decision to make, whether to keep him or put him out on loan until January
    Can't see him going out now. If we play three at the back a lot, we'll need him around. But most importantly, he looks the part.

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    Tin hat firmly on here but I thought he got caught out on numerous occasions in the first half today because he was diving in. Looks a good prospect but still a lot to work on I think.

Took both goals well and got the penalty we missed though so I won't grumble too much about it.

I was just going to post the same, there was a couple of times in the second half that there was a hole in his side of the back 3, which would have cost us against a better team.
    But you can get away with that more in that sort of game, and i'm sure he'll learn.

Wonder how much he'll realistically feature in the league this season though. McGregor and Ambrose first choice pairing? Hanlon back when fit, Fontaine there too. Even if we play 3 at the back he might not get much game time. Might be better for his development to go out on loan as was the original plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Can't see him going out now. If we play three at the back a lot, we'll need him around. But most importantly, he looks the part.
    I still think he'll go out on loan at the end of the window, if everyone in defence is fit. We won't play 352 every week, and we've got McGregor, Ambrose, Hanlon and Fontaine available

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    He got caught out a couple of times positionally tonight but that'll come with experience. He looks like a very promising player, very comfortable on the ball and very strong in the air.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post

We did get caught down his side once or twice, but I'd put it more down to David Gray getting caught up the park than anything to do with Porteous.

I thought I noticed him give it away once in the first half and I saw him beaten to a header in the second, but other than that I thought it was one of the most exemplary performances I've seen from a young Hibs player.

Strong in the tackle, won his headers, a threat in the opposition box, good and very composed on the ball, not afraid to take a touch and some superb long passing and switching of the play.

I know it was only Arbroath but I thought that was an absolutely superb performance from him.

Lennon is going to have some tough decisions to make.

(FWIW I thought Fontaine was very good tonight too, and whilst Ambrose had some shaky moments in the first half he went on to have a much better second half).

@hibs.net private member
    Played well but I doubt he's going to play to much this season. Id like to loan him out till January but he has to play and then bring him back and give him some game time in some matches.
    Last edited by lucky; 25-07-2017 at 10:10 PM.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    a loan to a Dundee United or Dunfermline or something would suit both parties if a loan is what's going to happen. Would love to see him make it here though

I still think he'll go out on loan at the end of the window, if everyone in defence is fit. We won't play 352 every week, and we've got McGregor, Ambrose, Hanlon and Fontaine available
    Whilst the experience of a loan in the Championship would be good, we lost Fontaine and Hanlon to long term injuries last year. Would rather have him here.

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    We had a thread on him a week or so ago.

Having watched him and a few others of the young development team last season we have a few excellent young players coming through.

Ryan is the next Hanlon and a bonus he is scoring too!

Keep up the good work.
    Him and Hanlon together could see us through the next 5/10 years. Two footballing CHs together - the Row Z boys will hate that.

For me he is much better than Fontaine. Not as experienced obviously....but so much more about him as a player.

First Team Breakthrough
    Porteous is a superb player but let's be honest, the best thing for his development would be a loan to a championship club where he will play competitive football week in, week out but have a recall clause in his contract should we need him back.

He made a couple of slack passes but this seemed to shock him into not making mistakes for a long period while still attempting through balls and more high risk/reward passes successfully.

He's a very exciting prospect and seems eager to impress and hold onto his jersey. Fonts must be smelling the stand as he was just good today but the bar has been raised.

First time I've seen Porteous play and he was deservedly man of the match.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

I think a loan until Jan would be best. He has been outstanding but he needs to be playing every week and that might not happen here.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I think a loan until Jan would be best. He has been outstanding but he needs to be playing every week and that might not happen here.

Yeh i kind of agree with that. He needs game time now and he's far to good for the Dev level of football. IF we get an injury we just get him right back into the team.

Great prospect. Not been properly tested yet so don't think we should go overboard. However, him and Murray, have a real chance.

I believe that a loan that a loan to Dumbarton was discussed some weeks ago and may still happen.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    With Hanlon liable to break down at any time with his injury and Forster going I can't see Porteous going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    With Hanlon liable to break down at any time with his injury and Forster going I can't see Porteous going anywhere.
    I think its a big jump to assume Hanlon will break down. He's had a good break, done plenty work building himself back into shape. He strolled though the game at the weekend and there is nothing to suggest he wont be back playing almost every game like he did in the past. I spoke to him after and he said he felt great just stiff as you would expect. His hip wasnt bothering him.