hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Subway to Ibrox

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    I have taken the subway to Ibrox but would usually go on my own as me and Mrs NH would make a weekend of it. I would advise going early and using common sense and you will be fine. I would leave the folk who are looking for trouble to find others who think the same.

2. Log in to remove the advert

KeltyClippie

I seem to remember when travelling through to see Hibs at St Mirren at the beginning of last season the bus to Paisley passed near to Ibrox. Being over 60 and in possession of a bus pass I travel by bus rather than train or subway. Always another option.

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The subway is horrible when we are playing Rangers at Ibrox. I used it at the last playoff game (no colours) and it's rammed with vermin who were being a******s to anyone without Rangers colours on. It'll be even worse after the cup final.
    I did this at the last playoff game too and it was a microcosm of Ibrox at its very worst. Was easy enough to hide colours that day with a big jacket on (I recall even though it was May, it was still fairly chilly) but harder to do so in mid summer. I would likely avoid doing it again in future, but to be fair I never felt threatened - just a fairly unpleasant bunch to be in that close proximity to.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    who do tickets for ibrox go on sale anyway?
    I'm wondering if the delay might have something to do with whether it will be televised or not and whether it could be moved to the Sunday?

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    I'm wondering if the delay might have something to do with whether it will be televised or not and whether it could be moved to the Sunday?
    All the televised games have been selected tho and tickets are on sale to Rangers fans.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    They've already announced TV games for that weekend already
    Rangers are selling tickets for the home end already

OK - thanks for clarifying that!

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Tickets are almost always out the Thursday two weeks before the game, very strange there's not been even at least an announcement as to when they go on sale even morseo considering the Huns are selling theirs and it's been confirmed it won't be televised.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Tickets are almost always out the Thursday two weeks before the game, very strange there's not been even at least an announcement as to when they go on sale even morseo considering the Huns are selling theirs and it's been confirmed it won't be televised.

Maybe they're refusing to sell tickets to Hibs, because they're too afraid of what our Fans might do after that Cup Final.

I'd have thought the end of the week, as Hibs will be keen to sell tickets for the Partick game, all next week!

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    So since the car park that was for away fans has been changed to a home family car park and it appears theres nowhere for our buses to park and our safety can't be guaranteed and with the recent CF history does anybody think Hibs may refuse our allocation of tickets for this match like Celtic refused their allocation for Linfield away?

Hibs wont refuse tickets for this. If anything that would just create even more of a powderkeg feeling behind the fixture for when the fans do eventually meet.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Hibs wont refuse tickets for this. If anything that would just create even more of a powderkeg feeling behind the fixture for when the fans do eventually meet.
    Its just interesting that theres been no announcement and no meeting RE security yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    So since the car park that was for away fans has been changed to a home family car park and it appears theres nowhere for our buses to park and our safety can't be guaranteed and with the recent CF history does anybody think Hibs may refuse our allocation of tickets for this match like Celtic refused their allocation for Linfield away?
    There's a mixed car park just after the away car park
    As regards to Hibs refusing to sell out allocation, I'd be gobsmacked if that was the case. Maybe we haven't received them yet from Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    As regards to Hibs refusing to sell out allocation, I'd be gobsmacked if that was the case. Maybe we haven't received them yet from Rangers

The fans rep said they would feed back info after the meeting with Hibs and The Rangers security officers, this meeting does not appear to have taken place yet with just over 2 weeks until the match.

Home tickets went on sale on Monday.

Home tickets went on sale on Monday.
    I know that, but maybe we haven't received ours yet?

I know that, but maybe we haven't received ours yet?
    Maybe, but they won't be on sale if we take them until the security meeting has taken place.

The fans rep said they would feed back info after the meeting with Hibs and The Rangers security officers, this meeting does not appear to have taken place yet with just over 2 weeks until the match.
    Last sentence is important there. Over two weeks. Not just two days.

It's not a big ticketing operation from our perspective. By the time away season ticket holders are catered for and players get their comps we'll only have about 500 to shift.

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Last sentence is important there. Over two weeks. Not just two days.

It's not a big ticketing operation from our perspective. By the time away season ticket holders are catered for and players get their comps we'll only have about 500 to shift.

Yes true, but perhaps a tad more than 500 to be fair, I can't see there being a public sale right enough.

Yes true, but perhaps a tad more than 500 to be fair, I can't see there being a public sale right enough.
    We've been given the usual 3 blocks
    GW1, GW2 and GW3
    Rangers fans can't buy tickets for this area
    Attached Images Attached Images

We've been given the usual 3 blocks
    GW1, GW2 and GW3
    Rangers fans can't buy tickets for this area

Cheers B

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Maybe they're refusing to sell tickets to Hibs, because they're too afraid of what our Fans might do after that Cup Final.

I doubt it's true but my mate told me the other day that he's heard that we're not getting any tickets for the match.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    The Subway on a Rangers match day 1974. Some classic early 70's attire on view.

https://mobile.twitter.com/yoorwulli...13385467883523

Left by mutual consent!
    I’d be furious if we didnt get an allocation for this game.

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar

That's what i was thinking as well, the huns will want revenge on and off the park, fans will be attacked in the streets around Ibrox, wouldn't surprise me if there is a mob of them waiting for where the coaches get parked to attack them, Hibs fans will want to wear Hibs tops, or a green top of some kind, walking to the ground will be a nightmare, the knuckledraggers won't care if it's a father and young son/daughter, they will get abused from hun fans, more of them join in and it starts to get scary for folk just wanting to get to a game, FFS it's bad enough when the car park was available, just trying to get to the away end turnstiles can be a bit nervy as you have to mingle with them, and were not even in the ground yet, but we can look forward to heavy handed stewarding and the polis not giving a hoot about us as we are bombarded with all sorts of items.

The Rangers and there fans are untouchable, they are getting away with f***ing murder from our authorities who run the game, attacking us inside the ground is a possibility and the stewards and polis will not be in any rush to help us.

It wouldn't surprise me either if Hibs have turned down the poxy 900 allocation for fear of the safety of Hibs fans.

I said a few weeks back I woudn't be surprised if tickets for this are only issued as part of a official club bus transfer.

@hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    The longer this rumbles on the more I think we may not get any tickets at all. As SDG pointed out further up the thread about Hibs refusing the allocation, similar was mentioned in the pub pre-match on Tuesday.

I'll be there if we are allocated our usual but I can totally understand folk not fancying it - it's a horrible place to go at the 'best' of times.
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar
    The longer this rumbles on the more I think we may not get any tickets at all. As SDG pointed out further up the thread about Hibs refusing the allocation, similar was mentioned in the pub pre-match on Tuesday.

I'll be there if we are allocated our usual but I can totally understand folk not fancying it - it's a horrible place to go at the 'best' of times.
    I heard on Tuesday night that discussions are ongoing between Hibs and Rangers.

Hibs not happy that the car park has been taken away from us and it is going to make it a bit dodgier for our fans.

Rangers refusing to guarantee our safety so there may well be a stand off.

Could it result in Hibs refusing to accept tickets for the sh*******?

I've no idea if there is any truth in this but it would be dead easy for a fans rep to come on here and clarify the situation.

The more I read, the more I start to think that there is something a bit odd.

I still don't think we will turn down our ticket allocation. If we have to do that in this day and age it would be outrageous.