hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Subway to Ibrox

Subway to Ibrox

Was going to try and get a ticket for ibrox and was thinking about going through on the train and subway with a few mates. I know that obviously as a hibs fan a few years ago it was not safe to go via subway. Just wondered what everyones thoughts were on it? Will It be as hostile and and dangerous as it was before? I have not been to ibrox in many years.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough 21.5.16's Avatar
    After the cup final I wouldn't.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 18Hibee75 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Was going to try and get a ticket for ibrox and was thinking about going through on the train and subway with a few mates. I know that obviously as a hibs fan a few years ago it was not safe to go via subway. Just wondered what everyones thoughts were on it? Will It be as hostile and and dangerous as it was before? I have not been to ibrox in many years.

You are 47.
    With a little common sense you and your mates could easily use the subway safely.

Quote Originally Posted by CMurdoch View Post
    You are 47.
    With a little common sense you and your mates could easily use the subway safely.
    Just out of interest how do you know I'm 47...?

Always an "experience" the old Clockwork Orange. Keep your colours well hidden and yourself to yourself and you should be fine.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GlasMatt PSN ID: mrxblaikiex

I use the subway occassionally but when that mob are playing I get the local bus, the McGills 38 runs right down Paisley Road and there's one every 10 minutes or less, you can get off just before the police station and walk down in less than 5 minutes, the subway station is directly across from the Louden Tavern.

You would be quicker walking! With the quaint local custom of locking the away fans in Ibrox for 15 minutes, the Subway will be rammmed and huge queues will be there.

I found the best way to travel to Ibrox is not to go.

Get off at Govan Station and take the same way back after the match.

There'll be a number of other Hibbies doing the exact same, and I don't think it's nearly as bad as some people make out.

Left by mutual consent!
    Train to Queen Street, a few beers then get a cab. Taxi's in Glasgow are pretty cheep. On the way back ASDA is 5 minutes away you will get a cab there.

Quote Originally Posted by blaikie View Post
    I use the subway occassionally but when that mob are playing I get the local bus, the McGills 38 runs right down Paisley Road and there's one every 10 minutes or less, you can get off just before the police station and walk down in less than 5 minutes, the subway station is directly across from the Louden Tavern.
    Better getting the number 9 or the number 10 (firstbus).

As for the subway, cover up your colours and your fine.

The subway is horrible when we are playing Rangers at Ibrox. I used it at the last playoff game (no colours) and it's rammed with vermin who were being a******s to anyone without Rangers colours on. It'll be even worse after the cup final.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    If you're not wearing colours, you'll be fine. No problem on the subway.

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    I'd be "colour free" whenever I'm near that place

I Always use the subway, on and off at Govan rather than Ibrox. After the game if we win they are long gone anyway, even if they aren't, there's no queuing and they put a special non-stop to Buchanan St for Hibs fans. Never had any real problems doing it that way, and some great sing-songs in the station & on train after some of the wins there in recent years.

Wear a hard hat.

Left by mutual consent!
    Its ok the "Subway Loyal" will be away well before you at about 16:30 bealing at the ripping issued.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Just out of interest how do you know I'm 47...?

No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

After the cup final, the police will be well prepared for this and I'm sure the subway will be well patrolled so shouldn't be any issues.

@hibs.net private member Hibby70's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibby70
    Just sing "no more Catholics left" from T2, you'll be fine.

Im actually going to Rangers v Marseille today at Ibrox. Was feeling a bit bad about giving that horrible organisation £21 of my money but I'm looking forward to it now. I will be in Marseille colours so will check out the reaction of King Williams' finest and report back.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Im actually going to Rangers v Marseille today at Ibrox. Was feeling a bit bad about giving that horrible organisation £21 of my money but I'm looking forward to it now. I will be in Marseille colours so will check out the reaction of King Williams' finest and report back.
    Didn't know that is on. Pitty as might have joined you as wouldn't mind seeing Marseille in the flesh.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Didn't know that is on. Pitty as might have joined you as wouldn't mind seeing Marseille in the flesh.
    Its going to pish doon, its far from a sell out.

Left by mutual consent!
    I usually get the subway to Ibrox. It can be a stomach churning experience but as long as you hide colours and don’t do anything daft it’s safe.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Really is a sad state of affairs that in 2017 you still cant use public transport wearing a certain colour without an element of risk - madness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Even without colours you stand out a bit on the underground. What is it with Rangers fans and the appeal of the most garish of apparel? Loud colours emblazoned with the largest of sports/design label branding, usually finished off with the chunkiest choice of jewellery.
    On the few occasions I've travelled on the underground, I've yet to feel threatened, and most are like us will just be wanting to head to Ibrox to see the game. As has been highlighted, the 15 minute lock in and a Govan departure makes for a safe enough journey back into town.

No danger I would be taking public transport to Ibrox as a Hibs fan.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post

So you'll be wearing blue and white to Ibrox.

I think you should be OK.

@hibs.net private member
    Been on the subway loads of times, never had any bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    No danger I would be taking public transport to Ibrox as a Hibs fan.
    Do it most of the time when we play there and never had any bother. If anything, it's always been more dangerous in the ground due to the number of objects flying over your head.

I took my kids to Ibrox when they were about 9 and 10. For some reason I thought the subway would be like the trains from Glasgow Central heading to Hampden for semis and finals - full of hibbys singing. Well i got that wrong!

Only three of us with hibs colours on a wee train rammed with blue noses. There's no doubt we were the catalyst for songs about being up to their knees in Fenian blood' etc.

Main hastle came walking up from the subway station through a throng of pure evil gits. Was literally like 'running a gauntlet'. None of their so called 'decent fans' that some people talk about did anything to stop a dad and his two young boys getting severe hastle, provocation, gobbed at by a bunch of messed up obnoxious cowards. It was ' Fenian bastirts' all the way up the road. Not club rivalry but pure sectarian hatred.

I've had hastle at other grounds - weirdly enough Hamilton and Dunfermline - but there's nothing like the evil hatred you get at Ibrox. It's uniquely vile, viscous and horrible.