hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Still one of the biggest clubs in the world mate,whether you like it or not. Liverpool fans know exactly their failings. Don't really get why you would criticise a set of fans for believing in their club despite the lack of recent success.
    Well maybe if you didn't take such a snotty reaction to Robertson signing for Liverpool you wouldn't get the reaction you did. He's a good player, one of the best to come out of Scotland for years, it's a shame you don't think he's good enough for your team.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ekhibee View Post
    Well maybe if you didn't take such a snotty reaction to Robertson signing for Liverpool you wouldn't get the reaction you did. He's a good player, one of the best to come out of Scotland for years, it's a shame you don't think he's good enough for your team.
    You're another one that thinks fans have no right to express an opinion on a player their club has signed?

To be perfectly honest being the best player to come out of Scotland for years is hardly an adulation as there sadly hasn't been that many success stories for years. I don't doubt his ability but feel he is well below the level for Liverpool to compete as they want to, that's just my observation of him not a snotty reaction. Pretty similar to the same observations we post on Hibs signings is it not? Plenty saying Oli Shaw not good or ready for our team yet, that's not being snotty either is it?
    Robertson never looked that great in a Hull team either, mind you Liverpool have already a dreadful left back on their books so you never know. Nothing would please me more than Liverpool unearthing Scottish talent like they used to, I would love Robertson to be one of them and prove me wrong,I'm just not convinced he will be.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 22-07-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mon Dieu4 View Post
    Good on him, Celtc released him for being too wee as a youth, he's kept plugging away from the lower leagues and look where he is now
    I thought he was only at Queen's Park for about a year before signing for DUFC? Hope he gets some of the Klopp magic to turn him into a world class player.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    You're another one that thinks fans have no right to express an opinion on a player their club has signed?

To be perfectly honest being the best player to come out of Scotland for years is hardly an adulation as there sadly hasn't been that many success stories for years. I don't doubt his ability but feel he is well below the level for Liverpool to compete as they want to, that's just my observation of him not a snotty reaction. Pretty similar to the same observations we post on Hibs signings is it not? Plenty saying Oli Shaw not good or ready for our team yet, that's not being snotty either is it?
    Robertson never looked that great in a Hull team either, mind you Liverpool have already a dreadful left back on their books so you never know. Nothing would please me more than Liverpool unearthing Scottish talent like they used to, I would love Robertson to be one of them and prove me wrong,I'm just not convinced he will be.
    Robertson's decent, I hope he proves you wrong - which will make us both happy I guess!
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Liverpool have not won the league in about 30 years. In a English terms they are now behind clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Man City. In European terms they are relatively small fry.
    Im no Liverpool fan but they are still at big table. Real Madrid never won EC for decades Man utd went same without a league title. Liverpool are a club few footballers turn down. They finished above united last year and have global fan base. No small fry. Well done to Robertson on move we need more with his talent in national side. If he was english his fee would have been 30 million

Watched the highlights of Liverpools win at the weekend, and Robertson was probably MOTM, filling a desperate need at left back.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Watched the highlights of Liverpools win at the weekend, and Robertson was probably MOTM, filling a desperate need at left back.
    From the action I saw and reports I read it sounded like he had a great game. Got forward well and got some really cracking crosses in. He'll face greater defensive challenges than saturday but he made a great start this weekend.

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Scouse View Post
    Underwhelmed, although Liverpool need a new fullback I was hoping for a far better player than Robertson. Never in a million years is he the calibre of player required to compete for champions league places. Another bargain bucket buy from Liverpool.
    Did pretty well at the weekend getting MOTM in his premiership debut.

I see Klopp preferred Moreno tonight. Hopefully Robertson gets in the team consistently in the league, don't rate Moreno.

First Team Breakthrough
    Moreno is the weak link in the Liverpool team. Ive no idea how he gets a game, must have pics of somone!

Quote Originally Posted by gogsy23 View Post
    Moreno is the weak link in the Liverpool team. Ive no idea how he gets a game, must have pics of somone!
    He's an excellent crosser and typical modern full back (ie-unable to defend properly) :-)
    Klopp will rotate the two left backs based on if he wants to play an attacking style or a mad, all out attacking style.

Left by mutual consent! calumhibee1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He's a decent player and for that price it's a good signing.

Liverpool are now seen as a second tier European club and they can't attract the very top players. Their fans still live in the 80s when they were at the piccacle of football, they are the Aberdeen of English football.
    Agreed. Liverpool aren't a footballing superpower and can't go out and sign world class players, it's that simple. They maybe could have signed a more exotic name as such, but even then, it would have just been someone from Celta Vigo or something along those lines as nobody from any of the biggest clubs in the world would go there.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    He's an excellent crosser and typical modern full back (ie-unable to defend properly) :-)
    Klopp will rotate the two left backs based on if he wants to play an attacking style or a mad, all out attacking style.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    Agreed. Liverpool aren't a footballing superpower and can't go out and sign world class players, it's that simple. They maybe could have signed a more exotic name as such, but even then, it would have just been someone from Celta Vigo or something along those lines as nobody from any of the biggest clubs in the world would go there.
    Haha what a load of pish.

Haha what a load of pish.

It's not pish at all. He's right.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    I also agree!

Total nonsense to suggest that Liverpool can't attract or sign world class players (whatever that definition actually means).

Total nonsense to suggest that Liverpool can't attract or sign world class players (whatever that definition actually means).

It's not the 80s anymore. Liverpool aren't on the same level as teams like Barcelona, Bayern etc.

It's not the 80s anymore. Liverpool aren't on the same level as teams like Barcelona, Bayern etc.
    Still big enough to attract players though. I think you will find Liverpool's last CL win was well beyond the 80's too!

OK, if it's pish when did Liverpool last sign a world class player? A player that would get into nearly every team in the world at the time they signed him (not the time they sold him before you suggest Suarez or Coutinho).

Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    OK, if it's pish when did Liverpool last sign a world class player? A player that would get into nearly every team in the world at the time they signed him (not the time they sold him before you suggest Suarez or Coutinho).
    Torres? Although I agree with the broader point.

First Team Breakthrough
    Its not always buying world class. Gerrard suarez, coutinho have developed into world class players at anfield. Thats better than overspending in my book.

Its not always buying world class. Gerrard suarez, coutinho have developed into world class players at anfield. Thats better than overspending in my book.
    He´s not talking about bringing players through or players developing hes talking signing.
    Oh but I did enjoy Torres.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar

Liverpool never "unearthed" guys like Dalglish, Wark, Hansen and Souness. They took them on when they had all played well for other teams in the respective top flights ( tbf, not sure if Middlesboro were 1st division when Souness signed). Maybe Stevie Nicol and Gary Gillespie would fit the unearthed tag, having been signed from lower tier Ayr Utd and Falkirk.

Fair enough comment on Robertson, he is an EPL player, but hardly has a stellar profile. This is his chance and 10 million is small beer for a team like Liverpool. Good to see a Scottish laddie doing well, hope he establishes himself at Anfield.

Gerrard was never world class!

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Gerrard was never world class!

The slip against Chelsea was world class in terms of how funny it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Liverpool never "unearthed" guys like Dalglish, Wark, Hansen and Souness. They took them on when they had all played well for other teams in the respective top flights ( tbf, not sure if Middlesboro were 1st division when Souness signed). Maybe Stevie Nicol and Gary Gillespie would fit the unearthed tag, having been signed from lower tier Ayr Utd and Falkirk.

Fair enough comment on Robertson, he is an EPL player, but hardly has a stellar profile. This is his chance and 10 million is small beer for a team like Liverpool. Good to see a Scottish laddie doing well, hope he establishes himself at Anfield.
    Alan Hansen aye?

The slip against Chelsea was world class in terms of how funny it was.
    This is very true.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Alan Hansen aye?
    Aye. Played for Partick Thistle in the Scottish Premier League before his move to Liverpool? Just like I said, top flight football.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Aye. Played for Partick Thistle in the Scottish Premier League before his move to Liverpool? Just like I said, top flight football.
    That made me laugh almost as much as the Liverpool claims, Alan Hansen the top class player with Partick lol. Known throughout the world so he was
    As I said Liverpool unearthed some great Scottish players some relatively unknown outside Scotland and moulded them into a great team.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 24-08-2017 at 10:38 AM.