hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: OJ Simpson

First Team Breakthrough Xavi Hernandez's Avatar

OJ Simpson

To be freed from jail after 9 years from a 33 year sentence on parole. 70 years old he is now

2. Log in to remove the advert

What a strange life he has led.
    21.05.2016. I Was There.

.net PM board "Biggest Slaver of the year 2014"

Less talk, more gifs. :

Any chance of Naked Gun 4?

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    I wonder if they'll give him his glove back?

@hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    The guy he tried to recover his memorabilia from is probably looking over his shoulder.

The 9 hour ESPN documentary which was on BBC3 earlier in the year is one of the best things I've ever watched. What a fascinating life he's lead - completely lost the plot along the way but incredible to watch it unfold.

The 33 year sentence was farcical but no point in making any comments on "justice being served" etc when it comes to OJ!

Hopefully the media/tv just ignore him rather than get him on reality shows but can't see it

First Team Breakthrough Xavi Hernandez's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The 9 hour ESPN documentary which was on BBC3 earlier in the year is one of the best things I've ever watched. What a fascinating life he's lead - completely lost the plot along the way but incredible to watch it unfold.

The 33 year sentence was farcical but no point in making any comments on "justice being served" etc when it comes to OJ!

Hopefully the media/tv just ignore him rather than get him on reality shows but can't see it
    Is that the one on Netflix?

No. That's "The People vs OJ Simpson" which is a 10 part drama. Also worth watching, really gets into the detail of the murder case and OJ's "dream team" representing him.

I'd watch that first. Then try to get the ESPN doc, "OJ: Made in America". Follows his full life story including his college football career, the civil rights backdrop and straight through to getting jailed in 2008 or whenever that happened. Worth investing 9 hours!

I've spent more time than I care to remember reading anything I can about OJ Simpson. A fascinating character and both his trials are eye opening stuff.

The prosecution in the murder case were unbelievably poor. My gut is he was guilty but the defence played the 'reasonable doubt' angle superbly and they simply outplayed an inferior opponent. The sentence for the current offences was a joke.

On top of all that he was one hell of a football player.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    I've spent more time than I care to remember reading anything I can about OJ Simpson. A fascinating character and both his trials are eye opening stuff.

The prosecution in the murder case were unbelievably poor. My gut is he was guilty but the defence played the 'reasonable doubt' angle superbly and they simply outplayed an inferior opponent. The sentence for the current offences was a joke.

That and it's incredibly difficult to convict the "famous" in the States.

As far as the sentence for his latest offence goes, there may have been an element of retribution. Anyway, he's served 9 years for armed robbery. There are black men serving life without parole for less.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post

Their case was blown out the water by the 'planted' bloodied glove.

If OJ hadn't been famous the car 'chase' would never have happened. The cops would have just shot it to bits.