hibs.net Messageboard

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304

Chester Bennington (Linkin Park) Dead

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin...mmits-suicide/

I can't call myself a fan of their new album, but I was a huge Linkin Park fan growing up and this is one of those stories that's stopped me in my tracks today.

Really hoped it was a hoax at first.
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Sad news read he has 6 kids.

No a big fan but liked a few tunes.

When hibs went up to lift the Scottish cup, I was there!
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Absolutely loved Linkin Park when I was younger and only just a couple of weeks ago went and added the old albums I listened to onto my Apple Music.

Absolutely gutted at this, the fact he was still successful and performing as well as having 6 kids means he must have been dealing with some dark demons to have decided to end it.

R.I.P.

#persevered

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    6 kids
    Family
    Successful
    Money
    Health

And still it's not enough. Don't know what his demons were bit it makes you realise nobody is immune to psychological disease.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: sjmcg1304
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6 kids
    Family
    Successful
    Money
    Health

And still it's not enough. Don't know what his demons were bit it makes you realise nobody is immune to psychological disease.
    He was quite open about it in the past. Was abused as a child, lead him to addiction in his earlier life, and suffered depression throughout.

Suffered the loss of his close friend, Chris Cornell, earlier this year (today would have been his 53rd birthday). Has constantly had to be on the defensive on media runs for their new album, and was getting increasingly angry and agitated with some of the criticism they faced for releasing One More Light.

Another who's mental health has capitulated and lead him down the darkest possible path.
    Okay, technically I'm a serial killer...

Hybrid Theory was one of THE anthems of my youth.

Sad news.

Left by mutual consent!
    Sad news. But just goes to show that this world can drag anyone down, regardless of material possessions. We blame mental illness for these things, but always seem to turn a blind eye to the crazy world that prays on peoples weaknesses and helps to push people down the path of self destruction.

@hibs.net private member overdrive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    6 kids
    Family
    Successful
    Money
    Health

I'm not sure he did have his health. Was in and out of hospital with various injuries and ailments and his mental health obviously wasn't great.

@hibs.net private member 21.05.2016's Avatar
    Just goes to show, you can have fame, money, a loving family etc, nobody is immune to this undiscriminating, horrendous illness. Very sad indeed and my heart absolutely breaks for his family, especially his 6 children.

The stigma around mental health NEEDS to change, we NEED to start talking about it if we want to avoid more tragedies like this. It can affect absolutely anyone, even people who appear to "have it all", you just never know what battle someone is fighting inside their head.

People like Piers Morgan on twitter this morning using phrases like "man up" in relation to depression and suicide is disgusting and that is exactly the kind of attitude we need to cut out of society. If only it was as simple as "cheering up", "man up" etc! Depression, anxiety and other mental health issues are not a choice, they are illnesses. We need to be encouraging sufferers to come forward and talk, not making them feel like they are weak.

RIP Chester Bennigton, I hope you've found peace.
    Last edited by 21.05.2016; 21-07-2017 at 02:06 PM.
    Sir David Gray

I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    I can't claim to be a huge fan of Linkin Park but anyone who's now in their late 20s or early to mid 30s will almost certainly be familiar with at least a few of their songs. They were pretty huge when I was growing up.

It's always sad to hear that someone has had problems so big that they've felt the only way to overcome them is to end their life. Clearly you're not thinking of this at the time but you always feel so sorry for the person's loved ones at times like this and how they must be feeling.

Very sad to hear this and I hope he's at peace.
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016