hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've completed it, and finished by saying I wouldn't be interested in joining because they will be ignored by the SFA and SPFL.
    Good for you. Scottish football needs more brave warriors like yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    Good for you. Scottish football needs more brave warriors like yourself.

I don't share your faith in the willingness of either governing body to listen to the fans.

Cynicism is one of the benefits of old age.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

[QUOTE=Ozyhibby;5109232]Bands and theatre companies have to rent concert halls and the venues usually do quite well out of it?

I know they do, but my point was that public money will be getting used to build the venue without any financial input from the artists etc who will use it. Even though they will pay for the hire of the venue I would imagine that money will go towards its upkeep and paying its staff rather than having any benefit to the public purse, which as far as I can see is no different from what would happen if public money was being used for football infrastructure.

I am aware that there is a better use for public money than football stands .... but so long as public money is used to subsidise Opera, Ballet, Orchestras and a host of other laudable, desirable, but ultimately non essential parts of Scottish society then I do not see the problem with football asking for a slice of that pie, and a slice commensurate with its popularity in relation to these other activities.

Its isn't unfair either in my opinion to point out that for all that these other things are good to have as they undoubtedly enrich society the people who bring Opera, Ballet and Classical music to the masses are also professionals who make a living doing it, just like footballers ..... the amount of public money that goes towards keeping these folk on the road is massive compared to what they actually generate in income. It seems to me like snobbery to say that football which is enjoyed by far more people than Opera, Ballet or the Scottish symphony orchestra put together ( in fact I'm willing to bet more folk watched Hibs last season than all 3 combined ) is less worthy than they are of public subsidy.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 21-07-2017 at 05:19 PM.

The more of us that join this organisation the stronger will be the voice of fans.

There used to be an independent organisation called Supporters Direct but as soon as they started getting funded by the governing bodies,they ended up losing their teeth.

Joined. Membership up to nearly 70,000 fellow Scottish supporters already so spread the word on social media. Politicians and SPFL SFA will really sit up and take notice once membership gets to 100,000 and above.
    Last edited by RIP; 22-07-2017 at 06:07 AM.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...-able-10853969
    Good write up here. Scottish game needs this.

First Team Breakthrough RedHibby's Avatar
    Done.

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyrie View Post
    I don't share your faith in the willingness of either governing body to listen to the fans.

Cynicism is one of the benefits of old age.
    I'm old and very cynical, but I used to be young and cynical.
    Still signed up though.
    'Cos every now & then, the arrogant & the corrupt get a michty boot in the baws,
    & I wouldn't want to miss the chance.
    GG

Well done Hibs fans.

Completed

@hibs.net private member Greenworld's Avatar
    Done

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

New fans organisation

I think they have 75,000 members now and 9000 have completed the questionnaire. They/we will be hard to ignore with those numbers.

Last edited by Ozyhibby; 24-07-2017 at 07:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Filled it in, but to be honest I doubt it will make a huge difference, the folk in charge already know what we think of them and I haven't seen any headlong rush from them to quit or change for that matter.

I had to laugh at the question about politicians putting pressure on the governing bodies ..... Plenty of politicians have plenty to say about Scottish football already, but ask them to come up with some money for the game and what you get is silence. I see the UK and Scottish government have come up with a billion and a half quid to spend on Edinburgh and south east Scotland, which includes a new 'concert hall' in Edinburgh.

That hall will be used no doubt by professional acts and theatre companies who will not have contributed a red cent to its construction and any profit the place makes will not be returned to the public purse ...... in view of that I cant see why finding money to improve the infrastructure of Scotland's football clubs is such an impossibility ..... No, if politicians want to get involved in Scottish football somebody should tell them we have no shortage of hot air, we do have a shortage of cash.
    Hopefully some of this money will go towards Leith Theatre :) What a venue it is!

Coaching Staff
    I think they have 75,000 members now and 9000 have completed the questionnaire. They/we will be hard to ignore with those numbers.

Ignore what though? Getting two of us to agree on anything is bad enough. What does a fans group take forward?

Football in the country needs better leadership. I'm not convinced it needs another group of people talking about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    Ignore what though? Getting two of us to agree on anything is bad enough. What does a fans group take forward?

Football in the country needs better leadership. I'm not convinced it needs another group of people talking about it.
    We won't get better leadership if it is never challenged.

Coaching Staff
    We won't get better leadership if it is never challenged.

The clubs are the ones that can do something about that and fans of those clubs can tell their representatives what they want if it's important to them.

I don't see how a fans group can have a united enough view which would carry enough clout to do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The clubs are the ones that can do something about that and fans of those clubs can tell their representatives what they want if it's important to them.

I don't see how a fans group can have a united enough view which would carry enough clout to do anything.
    And if the clubs ignore their fans?
    Rod Petrie appears (maybe I'm misinterpreting him but we'll find out by Wednesday) saying Hibs fans should all just move on and he is happy to ignore us.

Coaching Staff
    And if the clubs ignore their fans?
    Rod Petrie appears (maybe I'm misinterpreting him but we'll find out by Wednesday) saying Hibs fans should all just move on and he is happy to ignore us.

That's up to the fans of each club.

If they are being ignored, or more likely those running the clubs feel they are better placed to make the decisions, what chance has another fans group have?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is this replacing the previous incarnation of SFSA that has been around for some time?
    While this is a somewhat new organisation, it is really the latest incarnation of Paul Goodwin needs a job after leaving his last job doing exactly the same thing. This survey is just the latest version of the survey by these various groups that you have taken over the years. The difference is that they think slapping the name of some Germans on it will get it taken more seriously.
    Last edited by NYHibby; 26-07-2017 at 09:58 AM.