hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

New fans organisation

A new Scottish Football Fans association was launched today at Holyrood to try and improve governance in Scottish football.

https://youtu.be/N7bC2s-VxzY

The website is here
    http://scottishfsa.org/

And they are looking for fans views here

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/sfsa-benchmark-2017

Only takes a minute to sign up. Appears to be well funded with the backing of some politicians.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Easy to do & important; Reagan & Doncaster will be encouraging their cronies to complete this & say they're Erchie, it's a chance to
    make it clear what fans think of them & their organisations.
    GG

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Done

@hibs.net private member
    Done.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Done
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Spanish_Kebab
    Done. Quick and easy

Done

Doncaster and Reagan out

@hibs.net private member DarlingtonHibee's Avatar
    Done. Old Firm still rule unfortunately.

I think they are trying to get to 25,000 people taking part to make it the biggest fans survey ever done in Europe.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Done. Sounds like we all share one view on the hierarchy.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Done. I will not be surprised if the results all come out to be very similar. Doncaster & Regan need to GTF!

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hfc rd View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Done. I will not be surprised if the results all come out to be very similar. Doncaster & Regan need to GTF!
    The member clubs can do that at any time can't they?

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Done... see everyone else posts mine is no different

All done....let's hope this get's some legs.

Left by mutual consent!
    It asks what team you support. Just to help them weed out all of the "irrelevant" football fans in Scotland.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    It asks what team you support. Just to help them weed out all of the "irrelevant" football fans in Scotland.
    Exactly. No need to fill out any online questionaire. They useless idiots know what we think of them and their media pals.

Will things change if i take part? No. Will things change if i don't take part? No.

Done in minutes,and well worth it
    Let the people have their say.🤔

Is this replacing the previous incarnation of SFSA that has been around for some time?
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Is this replacing the previous incarnation of SFSA that has been around for some time?
    It appears to be new.
    There is an interview here.
    http://scottishfsa.org/about-sfsa/

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    While this is a somewhat new organisation, it is really the latest incarnation of Paul Goodwin needs a job after leaving his last job doing exactly the same thing. This survey is just the latest version of the survey by these various groups that you have taken over the years. The difference is that they think slapping the name of some Germans on it will get it taken more seriously.
    Last edited by NYHibby; 26-07-2017 at 09:58 AM.

2700 took part already.

Testimonial Due
    What is with the focus on women's fitba at the moment though? I answered i dont know to all qs on women's fitba.

There is definitely a push on women's fitba and i juat dont get, its up to women to promote women's sport, and i dont know any that do so why should we?

I quite admire the Man Utd stance on it all, despite the pressure to do so, they steadfastly stick to their guns that that is not what Man U are for.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    What is with the focus on women's fitba at the moment though? I answered i dont know to all qs on women's fitba.

There is definitely a push on women's fitba and i juat dont get, its up to women to promote women's sport, and i dont know any that do so why should we?

I quite admire the Man Utd stance on it all, despite the pressure to do so, they steadfastly stick to their guns that that is not what Man U are for.
    Who is the "we" that you refer to? Are you questioning why men might wish to promote women's football?

What's the problem with women's football?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Who is the "we" that you refer to? Are you questioning why men might wish to promote women's football?

What's the problem with women's football?
    A wee bit - i think it gets coverage from that is way out of ptoportion to the level of interest in it. Its coverage is not being driven by participation or spectator numbers, thats for sure.

Ultimately, its just sub-standard football.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Complete. Interesting to see if anything comes of all this but I wont be holding my breath unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    A wee bit - i think it gets coverage from that is way out of ptoportion to the level of interest in it. Its coverage is not being driven by participation or spectator numbers, thats for sure.

Ultimately, its just sub-standard football.
    Does it? The odd game shown live on Alba?
    There is no money in the Scottish Women's game and the players are mainly amateurs except for the ones who play outwith Scotland.

I've watched a lot of sub standard football in my time (English Conference, Scottish League 2, Scottish Lowland League) that gets a shed load more coverage than the women's game.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyM_1875 View Post
    Does it? The odd game shown live on Alba?
    There is no money in the Scottish Women's game and the players are mainly amateurs except for the ones who play outwith Scotland.

I've watched a lot of sub standard football in my time (English Conference, Scottish League 2, Scottish Lowland League) that gets a shed load more coverage than the women's game.
    In my humble opinion, yeah it does.

Filled it in, but to be honest I doubt it will make a huge difference, the folk in charge already know what we think of them and I haven't seen any headlong rush from them to quit or change for that matter.

I had to laugh at the question about politicians putting pressure on the governing bodies ..... Plenty of politicians have plenty to say about Scottish football already, but ask them to come up with some money for the game and what you get is silence. I see the UK and Scottish government have come up with a billion and a half quid to spend on Edinburgh and south east Scotland, which includes a new 'concert hall' in Edinburgh.

That hall will be used no doubt by professional acts and theatre companies who will not have contributed a red cent to its construction and any profit the place makes will not be returned to the public purse ...... in view of that I cant see why finding money to improve the infrastructure of Scotland's football clubs is such an impossibility ..... No, if politicians want to get involved in Scottish football somebody should tell them we have no shortage of hot air, we do have a shortage of cash.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Filled it in, but to be honest I doubt it will make a huge difference, the folk in charge already know what we think of them and I haven't seen any headlong rush from them to quit or change for that matter.

I had to laugh at the question about politicians putting pressure on the governing bodies ..... Plenty of politicians have plenty to say about Scottish football already, but ask them to come up with some money for the game and what you get is silence. I see the UK and Scottish government have come up with a billion and a half quid to spend on Edinburgh and south east Scotland, which includes a new 'concert hall' in Edinburgh.

That hall will be used no doubt by professional acts and theatre companies who will not have contributed a red cent to its construction and any profit the place makes will not be returned to the public purse ...... in view of that I cant see why finding money to improve the infrastructure of Scotland's football clubs is such an impossibility ..... No, if politicians want to get involved in Scottish football somebody should tell them we have no shortage of hot air, we do have a shortage of cash.
    Bands and theatre companies have to rent concert halls and the venues usually do quite well out of it?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post

I said no to this question. It is not the Scottish Govts job to run football - they habe enough on their plate.

Also, i think it is a dangerous road to go down, inviting political input.