hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Commons to sign

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Will be the best player at the club if we can get him fit!

Got to think it reduces the chance of Henderson however
    Seen a lot of this chat recently on here. Been said about Dylan and now Commons.

Are folk forgetting we have John McGinn. He's been outstanding the few games I've seen him this pre-season and was by a mile best player on the park against Sunderland!

Don't get me wrong. Commons of a good few year ago is better than McGinn. But I wouldn't say he is now.

Not singling you out by the way! Seen a few folk saying this.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Leith Green's Avatar
    So what do Hibs do .. Wait and see if he may get better? Id rather we looked at other options to be honest . as good a player as he is , we cant just sit and wait to see if he fancies it or not

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Commons was a good player, whether he can still produce the goods and recover fully his fitness is probably a factor that only time will tell.

Blog Entries
    Well that's the Commons good news well flattened. Fair enough the guy is not fit and available at the moment but it's satisfying to hear that there is a possibility he could be reunited with us some time in the not too distant future. I don't think this will stop Lennon getting in the right players in due course.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I must admit I'm a bit sceptical as well. Normally a player would talk up his chances of recovery.

Henderson is the signing I'd love to see happen.
    I think hes been honest and realistic. He's had issues with his back and will try to get fit again. Should all go well then he will sign for us. Seems straightforward enough to me. Were probably looking at maybe 5 or 6 games into the league season( mid September) before he would near the first team. It's nonsense to suggest a 95% fit commons wouldn't be anything less than a cracking signing and a great influence on the younger players. If we initially sign him as a coach then if he gets fit sign him as a player. If he were to have a clear run from injuries then we would have a guy who would certainly enhance the squad. Even if he was playing small parts in games to begin with he can influence games. The spl isn't of a quality that outside celtic he wouldn't enhance a team.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    I think hes been honest and realistic. He's had issues with his back and will try to get fit again. Should all go well then he will sign for us. Seems straightforward enough to me. Were probably looking at maybe 5 or 6 games into the league season( mid September) before he would near the first team. It's nonsense to suggest a 95% fit commons wouldn't be anything less than a cracking signing and a great influence on the younger players. If we initially sign him as a coach then if he gets fit sign him as a player. If he were to have a clear run from injuries then we would have a guy who would certainly enhance the squad. Even if he was playing small parts in games to begin with he can influence games. The spl isn't of a quality that outside celtic he wouldn't enhance a team.

Exactly this. Couldn't agree more!

Spot on.

@hibs.net private member
    Put quite simply, good football players win you football matches, Kris Commons showed, in the small amount of time that he was here last season that he is a quality football player, I also think he's an honest guy who wouldn't piss anyone about, so for me its a total no brainer, I would take him back in a heart beat

This is brilliant news I think many forget just how good an inform and fit commons can be. Wouldn't be unfair to assume this can only help the Stokes situation as well given the ex celtic connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    We can't take anything from that interview

I doubt Commons will ever play football again
    Why even bother with the interview and why STV big it up?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

I feel his injury fairly bad, that Hibs are his choice, but! he might never get the health and fitness required back.
    I really hope this isn't the case

Commons saying he'll play for us when he's back to full fitness seems to me a bit like me saying I'll play for Hibs when I'm a Pulitzer prize winning writer.

Both could technically happen but.............

Hope I'm wrong though

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    Commons saying he'll play for us when he's back to full fitness seems to me a bit like me saying I'll play for Hibs when I'm a Pulitzer prize winning writer.

Hope I'm wrong though
    No it's not.

I dont argue with any of that really. Im not accusing him of dishonesty, and I think a 95% fit Commons would be a great asset. I just doubt whether he's actually going to make anything more than the occasional cameo appearance in reality, based on his recent problems.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post

Hope I'm wrong though
    Aye, if you had previously written some best sellers, took a break and were back with a new novel.

If not, then naw!

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Aye, if you had previously written some best sellers, took a break and were back with a new novel.

If not, then naw!
    AAAAAnd could play like commons...
    Last edited by andybev1; 21-07-2017 at 04:25 PM.

Commons going under the knife soon to try and sort his back problem. If he joins us he might need a fair bit of time to heal, get fit, lose weight and get assessed and get match fit. 🤔

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ALF TUPPER View Post
    Commons going under the knife soon to try and sort his back problem. If he joins us he might need a fair bit of time to heal, get fit, lose weight and get assessed and get match fit. 🤔
    He's already had the operation. He doesn't sound convinced that he's going to play again.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Commons has been on Radio Scotland for the past half hour or so. He has resumed training and i saying he is very keen to get back playing. He said that the OP has a six- none week rcovery window and he is three weeks in.

Spoke about Lennon and Hibs very positively and more or less said he will be at Hibs if he can get fit enough to play. He spunds driven to make it back into football. Good luck with that, a fit Commons would be a massive bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    Commons has been on Radio Scotland for the past half hour or so. He has resumed training and i saying he is very keen to get back playing. He said that the OP has a six- none week rcovery window and he is three weeks in.

Spoke about Lennon and Hibs very positively and more or less said he will be at Hibs if he can get fit enough to play. He spunds driven to make it back into football. Good luck with that, a fit Commons would be a massive bonus.
    Great to hear and IF he gets fit he is one of the most influential player in Scotland. Just like Stokes can be on his game. Just like McGinn can be when compared to other midfielders and just like Ambrose can be when focussed.

So based on this update then sounds like he is 3 weeks away from training (mid Aug) and possibly fit by end of Aug. Might be good for us by 4th/5th game in.

A real game changer if we get him and if he can get fit. Goals and assists are up with the best.

@hibs.net private member superfurryhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    Great to hear and IF he gets fit he is one of the most influential player in Scotland. Just like Stokes can be in his game. Just like McGinn can be when compared to other midfielders and just like Ambrose can be when focussed.

So based on this update then sounds like he is 3 weeks away from training (mid Aug) and possibly fit by end of Aug. Might be good for us by 4th/5th game in.
    He hasn't given too much a clue as to the level of training he's doing so far, but he did say he was really keen to get back. He still on just now, tune in. He sounds like a good lad, some anecdotes about his career.

He hasn't given too much a clue as to the level of training he's doing so far, but he did say he was really keen to get back. He still on just now, tune in. He sounds like a good lad, some anecdotes about his career.
    Listening now but missed earlier bit. Sounds up for it and references Lennon and Parker all the time. No brainer he will sign.

Oh haven't you heard, the good folks over on keekback reckon that "even a fully fit Commons wouldn't get into the hearts side".

Just confirmed he has spoken to Lennon who is very keen for him to join subject to wages etc. He is keen to join but will only carry on playing if he is fit enough and can help us be successful and win silverware!!

If he isn't fit he doesn't want to hang around and would rather hang up boots.

Sounds as genuine and open as you can get and isn't doing what many would do by hedging bets.

Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Oh haven't you heard, the good folks over on keekback reckon that "even a fully fit Commons wouldn't get into the hearts side".
    Of course he wouldnt , Commons is a footballer hertz only sign cloggers and huddys

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    No doubt Commons is a quality player but I can't help but feel that there are too many ifs and ands and they seem to be pointed at his needs and wants. If NL has identified that this type of player is needed then we should make a signing now and one who will stand up to a full season.

First Team Regular EastCalderHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Sorry never heard such folks .certainly not on that cesspit .football wise they wouldn't know what a football player is, end of

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    I feel his injury fairly bad, that Hibs are his choice, but! he might never get the health and fitness required back.
    I really hope this isn't the case

Dont want to rain on anyone's parade but my daughter has had the same operation on her back and is still in a lot of pain some days and has been told this is common and will be the situation for the rest of her life. Just look at Toger Woods with the same problem. I sincerly hope it's not the case with Commons but it's definitely a concern

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    I think a day of positivity should be imposed on Hibs.Net

A minimum of 'glass half full' positive posts required with no 'glass half empty' negative posts allowed.

A day where everyone looked on the bright side of things with no brickbats being chucked about willy nilly.

It would be interesting to see how the day went.

PS, I am aware that this post is in its own right a bit negative! Sorry!

@hibs.net private member GlesgaeHibby's Avatar

He'll be fit again before Hertz new stand is built.