hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: Scott Martin

Scott Martin

Anyone know the plan for him this season?

Everytime he has had a start he has looked brilliant and got a lot of praise from Lennon, players and fans. However, unfortunately it's only been about 2-3 games at a time cause players have returned from injuries and Lennon understandably wanted to use experience.

Is he the reason Lennon wasn't bothered about Fyvie? Will he take his role in the squad?

For a young guy he seems incredible mature and switched on too, fantastic attitude.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    Tin hat on but I'm not convinced he'll make it.

Tidy enough player but doesn't seem to have that spark to make him really stand out and progress to the next level. I don't mean this disrespectfully but he reminds me a bit of Ross Chisholm in that he was always just there, keen to get on the ball and was a bit of a pest to the opposition but just lacked that something extra you need to make it at a club looking to get to where we want to be.

Would love to be wrong though, its great when a youngster comes through the ranks and makes an impact.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Tidy enough player but doesn't seem to have that spark to make him really stand out and progress to the next level. I don't mean this disrespectfully but he reminds me a bit of Ross Chisholm in that he was always just there, keen to get on the ball and was a bit of a pest to the opposition but just lacked that something extra you need to make it at a club looking to get to where we want to be.

Would love to be wrong though, its great when a youngster comes through the ranks and makes an impact.
    Have to admit that's where I am with him as well. But I'd love him to make it though.

He needs to play games but I think he'll struggle to do that.

He'll only be cover. He's another who really needs to be playing every week so he can develop and improve, but Lennon has Bartley ahead of him in that area.

Plenty talent. He needs to want it though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Should have went out on loan last season. He played less than 400 mins for us last season so really should be loaned out.

^

Best assessment of him I've seen. To make the breakthrough you need to make it impossible for the manager to leave you out. Martin has never managed this. If he doesn't this season then he won't be a Hibs player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Been impressed with him anytime I've seen him play. Has a bit of bite about him that can sometimes be missing if big Marv isn't playing, hope he's given more of a chance this season but as others have said he must force his way in.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar

Agree. He has a great chance to make the holding midfield role his own but I haven't seen enough to suggest he will do that. Happy to be proved wrong.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    Agree. He has a great chance to make the holding midfield role his own but I haven't seen enough to suggest he will do that. Happy to be proved wrong.
    It's a big ask to displace Bartley who imo is the best at that job in the league outside of Celtic.

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Ach, he has plenty of time. Probably another ten years before we collectively acknowledge he wont make it ala Stanton and Harris. What's the rush

I wouldn't say the DM role is his natural position, he's more of a linking role like Dylan plays, good passing range and quick tempo.