hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Best Transfer Window Yet?

With the team almost complete, looking over who we have signed and re-signed this is for me the best transfer window we have ever had. The standard of players we have is fantastic from goalkeeper right through to strikers.

We done to everyone on the board for backing our manager, who I think by the way is perfect for us as he knows what's needed to be a winner. Roll on Saturday, this could be a very exciting season for the Hibees!

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Cannot recall a Hibs squad as strong as this for a while, providing Stokes does indeed sign!

I know I am being greedy but one more quality attacker would be icing on the cake.

@hibs.net private member ian cruise's Avatar
    As long as you aren't talking about the chat on here!*

Totally agree though, this transfer window has been unbelievable. Good signings in early. Could have finished there and gone with youngsters and we'd be mid table but the board pushed on and brought in experienced internationals who are all at a good age too. Neil and co. have been fantastically back by us and by the board, time to repay that backing with a good season. I'm sure he's as keen to get started as anyone. With the depth we have no one is guaranteed a starting slot either which must make his job a little easier too. It's certainly a nice problem to have.

*disclaimer - other hibs related social media is also available, and was just as painful at times, if not more so.

TC - agree fully, the squad is strong in every position - we could field two strong teams!

When I watched the Ross County game, even though we weren't great, I thought we had real quality in every position.
    The key now is to make sure we keep McGinn, coz he's very much looking like a 4-5M player that Lennon suggests, if Dylan stays fit and Stokes can get fit ASAP - We could be in for a seriously good season. We look solid at the back as well, which is key for any side.

Hopefully we can keep the pace with Aberdeen and Rangers and challenge up the top end.

Excellent window just need to keep mcginn now.

I cannot remember us being so strong in so many areas. We will also have another far left striker to come hopefully....

@hibs.net private member
    I was thinking about our first choice 11 and when you start to do that and see the number and quality of players left out, it's really staggering. Add some of the promising young players like F Murray and Porteous and we have extraordinary options.

Hopefully one more forward, keep McGinn and maybe bring in Commons I'll be in heaven!

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I cannot remember us being so strong in so many areas. We will also have another far left striker to come hopefully....
    I don't think the player's politics are relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    With the team almost complete, looking over who we have signed and re-signed this is for me the best transfer window we have ever had. The standard of players we have is fantastic from goalkeeper right through to strikers.

We done to everyone on the board for backing our manager, who I think by the way is perfect for us as he knows what's needed to be a winner. Roll on Saturday, this could be a very exciting season for the Hibees!
    Agree. And in my case, that's a lot of transfer windows.!

Hopefully (surely) will mean a good few more Season tickets.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by York Hibees View Post
    Excellent window just need to keep mcginn now.
    The quality of the signings we've made, whilst improving the quality of our team, will also make it easier for players like SJM to remain !

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sas_The_Hibby View Post
    I don't think the player's politics are relevant.
    That was a good one.

What a squad Lenny is building, if we can keep McGinn - it'll be a dream window, realistically.

Bring on Saturday and let's pack ER out!

Glad I bought my season ticket early ! Most exciting Hibs squad for ages, one more player to cover midfield and we are sorted.

The window where we swooped for Matt done right on the deadline was sensational, but this one is good too. 😉

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post

Spot on mate.

If we can keep Dylan fit all season, there could be more silverware to come.

@hibs.net private member
    I think we're now seeing what a fantastic influence a manager like Lennon is having at the club.

Obviously can't say for certain but I don't imagine we'd have Ambrose, Stokes or Marciano if it wasn't for NL. With Commons potentially still to come his impact is now beginning to show massively.

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    I think we're now seeing what a fantastic influence a manager like Lennon is having at the club.

Obviously can't say for certain but I don't imagine we'd have Ambrose, Stokes or Marciano if it wasn't for NL. With Commons potentially still to come his impact is now beginning to show massively.
    Agree Neil. There's quite a lot to learn from the interviews on the Reborn DVD.

On his first day he apparently said to the players, this is not a democracy, this is a dictatorship but one you'll enjoy.

You lost 8 games last season. That won't be happening again.

In those two sentences you saw the direction we were going in.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Spot on mate.

If we can keep Dylan fit all season, there could be more silverware to come.
    I have said often enough that I think Dylan is the best player at the club

However I am not sure he is going to play much under Lennon and I wouldn't be totally shocked if he was away before the transfer window closes.

I think we are going to set out to play at a much higher tempo and get the ball forward far more quickly than we have

I am personally not sure that's where Dylan's strengths lie

@hibs.net private member KeithTheHibby's Avatar
    I really hope the team can live up to the expectations this season as it's some squad of players.

Quote Originally Posted by BSEJVT View Post
    I have said often enough that I think Dylan is the best player at the club

However I am not sure he is going to play much under Lennon and I wouldn't be totally shocked if he was away before the transfer window closes.

I think we are going to set out to play at a much higher tempo and get the ball forward far more quickly than we have

I am personally not sure that's where Dylan's strengths lie
    Dylan is the puppet master. Would be a huge mistake to let him go. Every team needs composure and that's his main element.

Promising Youngster dunedinhibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Hibernianfcggtth
    The addition of a fully fit commons is just as exciting as the stokes signing. Getting him in part way through the season will be another great boost. Excited for the season ahead !!

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    "The proof of the pudding......." as they say.😎

I really wish I lived closer/could drive as I would be there every week.
    Here's hoping we get off to a good start to keep this feelgood factor going.

@hibs.net private member BSEJVT's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Dylan is the puppet master. Would be a huge mistake to let him go. Every team needs composure and that's his main element.
    Wouldn't disagree with you

I am just not convinced Lennon will see it that way

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    I was always confident that will Dempster and Lennon here - as well as a substantial budget - that we would do some really big business this summer.

I can't think of a better window, and the previous best ones were the likes of Mowbray and Stubbs when the squad was in dire need of an overhaul. We were starting this one from a position of strength, it's incredibly exciting.

I said recently that I've a feeling about this team similar to what I had about McLeish's 2000-01 team - a quality football side that can battle and be physical also. We have a fantastic manager who can sign quality and improve players - if we all stay behind him during the tougher times, we can do great things, I'm sure.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    I was always confident that will Dempster and Lennon here - as well as a substantial budget - that we would do some really big business this summer.

I can't think of a better window, and the previous best ones were the likes of Mowbray and Stubbs when the squad was in dire need of an overhaul. We were starting this one from a position of strength, it's incredibly exciting.

I said recently that I've a feeling about this team similar to what I had about McLeish's 2000-01 team - a quality football side that can battle and be physical also. We have a fantastic manager who can sign quality and improve players - if we all stay behind him during the tougher times, we can do great things, I'm sure.
    The last bit is key - expectations will now be very high, lets hope things stay sane if we don't always match that.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy74 View Post
    The last bit is key - expectations will now be very high, lets hope things stay sane if we don't always match that.
    I think if we can get top 4 then every single fan should be delighted. Progress is key.

I can't think of any better and if Slivka and Big Davie turn out to be success stories then wooooof!

Some signings we've made, great times ahead.

We're gonna do a Leicester!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Some of the things that have been chucked at us in the past -

- We have a team of loan signings - Not one single loan at present.

- We are a team of Celtic rejects - We have signed 2 ex-celts in the summer, and one of them had played for Hibs first. Also, we currently have as many ex-Rangers as ex Celts - McGregor, Whittaker, McGeouch Vs McGeouch, Ambrose, Stokes.

I'm excited about the coming season. We've built well. I would still like us to add a winger and maybe another striker to add some depth (Last year we had Cummings, Holt, Keatings, Graham - this year Stokes, Murray, Davy, and graham who is expected to leave, so would still like to see a replacement for him).

We definitely need to manage our expectations. Top 6 is now a minimum, but 4th would be fantastic in our first season back.