hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hearts

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    With the current state of the stars it does look unlikely that it will be finished on time and is it not well over budget too?

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I've one claiming it's three weeks ahead of schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    With the current state of the stars it does look unlikely that it will be finished on time and is it not well over budget too?....

I prefer the Tarot and they say a few weeks late as well.

@hibs.net private member greenginger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    With the current state of the stars it does look unlikely that it will be finished on time and is it not well over budget too?

If there is only a 4 week over-run it should be hailed as a success.

Building the stand from the back to the front and going off half-cocked without the designs approved is a recipe for delays and overspends.

If the builders get it within a month of schedule they deserve a medal, probs the only ones to be seen around Tynie this season.

Quote Originally Posted by greenginger View Post
    Maybe you could ask your source on the site how he feels about the work going on for six months and the Building Warrant not having been issued yet.

And , before you " call me " as you put it, check yourself on the Council Website.

Warrant application 16/03739 applied for in September 2016. Still noted as pending consideration.
    I have no wish to look on council websites at their application. If it's passed or not it doesn't interest me. It's also unrelated to your claims of being notified of is delayed which I'm assured it's not but hey I'll guess we will see come their game v Aberdeen. It'll be confirmed then.
    My mate works on site and I've no reason to doubt him. But you seem to know more about the build and planning / building regs than Budgie. I couldn't care to be honest but I don't believe you got told that (or maybe you did and they're on to you given your fixation)

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Morganleith View Post
    I have no wish to look on council websites at their application. If it's passed or not it doesn't interest me. It's also unrelated to your claims of being notified of is delayed which I'm assured it's not but hey I'll guess we will see come their game v Aberdeen. It'll be confirmed then.
    My mate works on site and I've no reason to doubt him. But you seem to know more about the build and planning / building regs than Budgie. I couldn't care to be honest but I don't believe you got told that (or maybe you did and they're on to you given your fixation)
    It is quite important, no building warrant = no building warrant sign off = no occupation certificate = no fans in stand

Why do you take your mates word for it yet point blank refuse to believe a fellow hibs fan?

Not only do you not consider his evidence, you try and ridiculed him as if he's obsessed to the point of lying.

I'm calling you.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Why do you take your mates word for it yet point blank refuse to believe a fellow hibs fan?

Not only do you not consider his evidence, you try and ridiculed him as if he's obsessed to the point of lying.

I'm calling you.
    I concur
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I prefer the Tarot and they say a few weeks late as well.
    What do they say about us signing Stokes and Hendo?

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post

I'm calling you.
    What evidence ?

Quote Originally Posted by 007 View Post
    What do they say about us signing Stokes and Hendo?

...it drew "Fire", "The Milkman" and "Dead Elvis" so all good there.

What evidence ?
    His references to the Council websites you're not interested in.

His references to the Council websites you're not interested in.
    That's not what I originally replied about. It was the delay to the yams stadium. If there is a problem with their council applications then would it not be better taken up with the Council ? i merely countered the fact that a close friend of mine is working on their stand and there's no delay. As I said we'll soon find out and if it is then I'll gladly apologise.

That's not what I originally replied about. It was the delay to the yams stadium.
    So - you admit there's a delay.

If there is a problem with their council applications then would it not be better taken up with the Council ?
    What would be the point of that?

i merely countered the fact that a close friend of mine is working on their stand and there's no delay.
    So says your friend. What position does he hold to know such things? Is he as much of a shammy leather as the guy GG spoke to?

As I said we'll soon find out and if it is then I'll gladly apologise.
    Get your mate to apologise, if that happens.

That's not what I originally replied about. It was the delay to the yams stadium. If there is a problem with their council applications then would it not be better taken up with the Council ? i merely countered the fact that a close friend of mine is working on their stand and there's no delay. As I said we'll soon find out and if it is then I'll gladly apologise.
    Could you speak to your friend and ask him what the delay duration was between the original programme for the precast installation element of phase 2 (lower part of stand) versus the current programme.

You see, a construction programme can finish on the same date but the tasks that get you there change about. Unfortunately, the precast is critical path and any delay to install will mean acceleration to other trades to try and catch up.

This is where the programme usually unravels as the follow on trades 'fail' through no fault of their own but they simply run out of time.

So even though your friend is being told there is no delay, there actually is quite a significant one for precast install.
    Last edited by Libby Hibby; 20-07-2017 at 09:13 PM.

...it drew "Fire", "The Milkman" and "Dead Elvis" so all good there.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Could you speak to your friend and ask him what the delay duration was between the original programme for the precast installation element of phase 2 (lower part of stand) versus the current programme.

You see, a construction programme can finish on the same date but the tasks that get you there change about. Unfortunately, the precast is critical path and any delay to install will mean acceleration to other trades to try and catch up.

This is where the programme usually unravels as the follow on trades 'fail' through no fault of their own but they simply run out of time.

So even though your friend is being told there is no delay, there actually is quite a significant one for precast install.
    Well you seem to know more than anyone so there's obviously going to be a delay then

So - you admit there's a delay.

What would be the point of that?

So says your friend. What position does he hold to know such things? Is he as much of a shammy leather as the guy GG spoke to?

Get your mate to apologise, if that happens.
    I literally don't have the energy to respond to these points. But will in your first. The delay was mentioned by greenginger not me. I was responding to his post about what he said he was told was a delay. Jesus wept did you not read the thread ?

Well you seem to know more than anyone so there's obviously going to be a delay then
    I don't know more than anyone but I was told something regarding the precast install but if you could ask your friend the question posed, he could confirm one way or another.

The delay was mentioned by greenginger not me.
    Make your mind up.

Jesus wept did you not read the thread ?
    Obvs

Aye, but yer pal though.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    I don't know more than anyone but I was told something regarding the precast install but if you could ask your friend the question posed, he could confirm one way or another.
    He said that as things stand there is no delay to their Aberdeen game opening. Who knows maybe they caught up. Does it really matter ? Maybe GG can comment on your question. My mate does the stadiums services

Make your mind up.

Obvs
    What are you actually in about "make your mind up". Let me try and spell it out to you then
    GG said he was told there was a delay
    I said I was told there is no delay as it stands at the moment
    Is there anything about the above that is unclear ?

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    He said that as things stand there is no delay to their Aberdeen game opening. Who knows maybe they caught up. Does it really matter ? Maybe GG can comment on your question. My mate does the stadiums services
    I don't think they will have a delay either. The question was if they would be occupying the new stand.

I cannae see it, but as you say let's wait and see.

What are you actually in about "make your mind up". Let me try and spell it out to you then
    GG said he was told there was a delay
    I said I was told there is no delay as it stands at the moment
    Is there anything about the above that is unclear ?
    What are you calling him out on then?

For what it's I think Hearts will "extend the time-scale", so there will never be a delay. Just like they "extended the budget" so there wouldn't be an overspend.

Thanks for that, could you ask you m8 in services when he is expected to start phase 2 service install and when he was supposed to start. The time delay on this compared to the delay duration for the precast will show how much has been caught up.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Putting an awful lot of faith in one wee thing being incorrectly updated on the council website.

Is anyone suggesting that fans won't be allowed to sit in the stadium when it's complete?

Or is the suggestion that something backhanded is going on?

Totally confused by it all.

Can we not just accept that the stand is being built in good faith but might take a bit longer than expected? It's hardly unusual is it?

Kinda wish they had more time to make it look better though. Those windows on the front are horrendous, don't know how anyone can describe it as classy.

What are you calling him out on then?

For what it's I think Hearts will "extend the time-scale", so there will never be a delay. Just like they "extended the budget" so there wouldn't be an overspend.
    That it's rubbish that it's delayed.
    Look I couldn't care anymore so fair enough. I'll believe my mate and you can believe yours ?

That it's rubbish that it's delayed.
    Look I couldn't care anymore so fair enough. I'll believe my mate and you can believe yours ?
    None of my mates have commented on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Kinda wish they had more time to make it look better though. Those windows on the front are horrendous, don't know how anyone can describe it as classy.
    They could have all the time in the world and it would look cack-handed as they will never have any taste.