hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Its on now, jeezus christ, we were even worse than i remembered, could have lost that by 5 or 6.
    The one I was fearful for a right doing was 365 days earlier the day the Duffster arrived by helichopter and we were 4 down very early second half. But yes, no surprises relegation was on the horizon as we were garbage.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Its on now, jeezus christ, we were even worse than i remembered, could have lost that by 5 or 6.
    I think theres a decent chance we would've stayed up if Duffy had lost his job on the back of such a skelping.

First Team Breakthrough 4 Front Teeth's Avatar
    I'm currently with Virgin paying 40 per month for basic TV,phone and internet. I'd like to get a deal on the football channels.....

Has anyone recently secured a good deal that I can try and negotiate for?😀

Dumped them a while back. Got bored with the 24/7 fitba coverage, most of which was over hyped and then didn't deliver. Got to stage I hardly watched a game all the way through. Got bored with the incessant "analysis" which was more to do with filling dead air time than anything else. Also got fed up that the commentators / pundits would never call a game honestly due to ratings led fear of people switching off. Rubbish games described as "interesting midfield battle" aka no shots on target and zero entertainment.

Quite happy with STVs highlights show, MOTD and the wireless.

Quote Originally Posted by Brizo View Post
    Dumped them a while back. Got bored with the 24/7 fitba coverage, most of which was over hyped and then didn't deliver. Got to stage I hardly watched a game all the way through. Got bored with the incessant "analysis" which was more to do with filling dead air time than anything else. Also got fed up that the commentators / pundits would never call a game honestly due to ratings led fear of people switching off. Rubbish games described as "interesting midfield battle" aka no shots on target and zero entertainment.

Quite happy with STVs highlights show, MOTD and the wireless.
    That's kinda where I am at the moment, I'm fed up of football that isn't us. Scottish football on the whole is infinitely more interesting and intriguing than Billion dollar team A v Billion dollar team B. Would much rather spend money makinge more of an effort to get to more away games than sitting in the house when we're away from ER watching some premiership or la liga guff. Still quite fond of Serie A though so will always watch that if it's on.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Front Teeth View Post
    I'm currently with Virgin paying 40 per month for basic TV,phone and internet. I'd like to get a deal on the football channels.....

Has anyone recently secured a good deal that I can try and negotiate for?😀
    I'm paying £40 quid a month to Sky for unlimited fibre optic Broadband, Original TV bundle plus all Sky Sports Channels. Includes line rental and multiroom and no contract on TV so can leave at any point with no penalty.

Some good deals to be had if you can be arsed negotiating with them.

First Team Breakthrough 4 Front Teeth's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    I'm paying £40 quid a month to Sky for unlimited fibre optic Broadband, Original TV bundle plus all Sky Sports Channels. Includes line rental and multiroom and no contract on TV so can leave at any point with no penalty.

Some good deals to be had if you can be arsed negotiating with them.

Thanks.... Seems like these great 40 quid deals are sky and not Virgin 😨.... Maybe I need to change!

@hibs.net private member speedy_gonzales's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 4 Front Teeth View Post
    Thanks.... Seems like these great 40 quid deals are sky and not Virgin 😨.... Maybe I need to change!
    You could phone and cancel. I've been with Virgin forever as there is zero picture pixelation and their 200meg broadband is stable as a rock(for me) but every year I "cancel". They'll try and offer a better package or increase your loyalty discount but I always refuse until the notice period nears the 30 day mark. Then the REAL retentions team get in touch with deals you can't say no to.
    One year I said I'd signed a contract with Sky, the guy asked if I paid a deposit and to keep the lie alive I said I had, £20. Virgin offered to refund that £20 and reduce my contract if I stayed,,,,no brainer!

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy_gonzales View Post
    You could phone and cancel. I've been with Virgin forever as there is zero picture pixelation and their 200meg broadband is stable as a rock(for me) but every year I "cancel". They'll try and offer a better package or increase your loyalty discount but I always refuse until the notice period nears the 30 day mark. Then the REAL retentions team get in touch with deals you can't say no to.
    One year I said I'd signed a contract with Sky, the guy asked if I paid a deposit and to keep the lie alive I said I had, £20. Virgin offered to refund that £20 and reduce my contract if I stayed,,,,no brainer!

Some good info on the Martin Lewis moneysaving forum:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/...splay.php?f=68

@hibs.net private member Malthibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Exile View Post
    That's kinda where I am at the moment, I'm fed up of football that isn't us. Scottish football on the whole is infinitely more interesting and intriguing than Billion dollar team A v Billion dollar team B. Would much rather spend money makinge more of an effort to get to more away games than sitting in the house when we're away from ER watching some premiership or la liga guff. Still quite fond of Serie A though so will always watch that if it's on.

Easier when you win but myself & mine thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed the Ayr game, despite the lack of 100 million players. You just cannot get that sense of involvement & immediacy any other way,
    & I'd rather then watch other competing Scottish teams on the telly who are relevant to the competitions we are in. Zero interest in English footie & increasingly less in the bloated moneyfest that is the
    CL.
    GG

Take me back to when your weekly football fix was Sportscene, Scotsport and Match of the Day! Then cup final day was exactly that... Started in the morning and went right till end of game!! Loved it. TV is saturated with games now that it's boring.

@hibs.net private member
    Okay. Called to cancel my contract after more than 20 years with sky. Was immediately offered the Q box system free of charge and a £20 reduction in my monthly payment. Fair enough, I was paying £90 a month but the Q box gives me ultra HD, six channels I can record at anytime time, up to four additional boxes in the house, all of the channels I previously had and lifetime warranty on my box so I can cancel my insurance on the currrnt box. Not the magic £40 some have managed but still worth the effort for me. I imagine if I'd pushed harder I could have got better but it just shows there are deals out there that even is most gullible
    of users can get

First Team Breakthrough
    Got rid of it ages ago i use iptv all sky channels plus 3pms 80 quid a year.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    I just recently got a deal off groupon for bt sports channels. Paid £9 up front to groupon which got me the sports channels half price for the season so £11 a month thought that was a good offer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk