hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just got sky installed in the new place today.

The sales guy last week said to hold of adding the Sky Sports package til today as they are launching there new Channel set up and will be offering deals to existing customers, looking at about £20 p/m for all the sports.

Have you seen the cost of the Mayweather v MacGregor fight!!! Wowser, that is ludicrous. £90 for existing Sky Sports subscribers and £130 for non existing Sky Sports subscribers!! The UK should take the collective decision to boycott this and stream it from US TV as those prices are properly shocking.
    That will be a Kodi watch for free effort that! That price is ludicrous.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenNWhiteArmy View Post
    Not sure when Kodi will be shut down for good but it's a great source right now 👌
    Never. It will just come back in a different name. They'll never be able to stop it unless they fully regulate the internet. The day that happens will be the day people stop using the internet altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by hibeerealist View Post
    Your English team see plenty pounds out of It and are on live a lot too so there is a good reason for folk like you to keep it.

I really do hope the day comes when they go belly up. We can all get back to 3pm Saturday KO and support our teams!!!

Im sure the thousands of staff will be really happy for you feeling smug, when they're heading to the job centre. Especially the Scottish staff

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Baw187 View Post
    Google Kodi. Plenty information on how to set it up.
    £35 on an amazon firestick and half an hour on google is the best investment i've ever made.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    Never. It will just come back in a different name. They'll never be able to stop it unless they fully regulate the internet. The day that happens will be the day people stop using the internet altogether.
    ...and Westmonster will be delighted.

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Your English team see plenty pounds out of It and are on live a lot too so there is a good reason for folk like you to keep it.

I really do hope the day comes when they go belly up. We can all get back to 3pm Saturday KO and support our teams!!!
    Yes it will be a tremendous day for their employees eh!

Left by mutual consent!
    Have you seen the cost of the Mayweather v MacGregor fight!!! Wowser, that is ludicrous. £90 for existing Sky Sports subscribers and £130 for non existing Sky Sports subscribers!! The UK should take the collective decision to boycott this and stream it from US TV as those prices are properly shocking.
    Or you could pay some chap 50 quid a year and get everything. All sports, including all PPVs.

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Im sure the thousands of staff will be really happy for you feeling smug, when they're heading to the job centre. Especially the Scottish staff
    ok Rupert but unfortunately there is always a price. What about all the employed staff that have been cast aside by a lot of our football clubs as they cannot afford to pay them?

The only ones making on these obscene tv deals are Rupert & co AND a load of mercenary, mostly foreign, so called footballers!!

@hibs.net private member hibeerealist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibee View Post
    Yes it will be a tremendous day for their employees eh!
    Replied to this comment from another netter, unfortunately there is always a cost and some suffer what about those paid off by many Scottish clubs?

Quote Originally Posted by McD View Post
    Well if it's good enough for the Steel workers/Miners/Fishermen/ Car-Van Plant workers, then it's good enough for sky workers! Plus there are plenty call centres looking for workers, so I'm sure they will survive

Replied to this comment from another netter, unfortunately there is always a cost and some suffer what about those paid off by many Scottish clubs?
    Yes what about them, do you feel smug when you hear of them being paid off too?

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes what about them, do you feel smug when you hear of them being paid off too?
    You seem awfy smug about it.

Quote Originally Posted by the_sauz View Post
    well if it's good enough for the steel workers/miners/fishermen/ car-van plant workers, then it's good enough for sky workers! Plus there are plenty call centres looking for workers, so i'm sure they will survive
    wtf?

You seem awfy smug about it.
    Smug about what? You're the one smug about paying 14p a day. I would never feel smug about anyone losing a job.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 18-07-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    Smug about what? You're the one smug about paying 14p a day. I would never feel smug about anyone losing a job.
    But you are pretty much saying that people should support Sky in order to protect jobs, while ignoring the jobs that have been lost as a result of Sky. You don't seem to mind job loses, as long as you get what you want out of it, so you can't really claim the moral high ground over anyone else on here.

But you are pretty much saying that people should support Sky in order to protect jobs, while ignoring the jobs that have been lost as a result of Sky. You don't seem to mind job loses, as long as you get what you want out of it, so you can't really claim the moral high ground over anyone else on here.
    Yes I can, as I have never said I would be happy or welcome the loss of someone's job have I now?
    People lose jobs for all sorts of reasons linked to many things that I do or buy that I can't directly prevent but to come out and gloat that you will be happy if and when it happens is not in my make up. Also I have never told anyone to support SKY "each to their own" was my comment.
    Last edited by Scouse Hibee; 18-07-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Nameless
    Left by mutual consent!
    Not jumping on the bandwagon, but I have been meaning to reduce my Sky package since January. This thread has prompted me, so that's the sports package binned now. The £30 per month I'm saving will now be getting spent on Hibs tickets for me and the wee man.

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Yes I can, as I have never said I would be happy or welcome the loss of someone's job have I now?
    People lose jobs for all sorts of reasons linked to many things that I do or buy that I can't directly prevent but to come out and gloat that you will be happy if and when it happens is not in my make up.
    Nobody has said that they would be on here. You're putting words into peoples mouths.

Nobody has said that they would be on here. You're putting words into peoples mouths.
    Aye right then, I must have dreamt it źzzzzzzzzz

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir

Finally dumped SKY SPORTS

Incidentally, Andy Murray interview with Guillem Balague on Sky Sports Football now, talking about when he used to go to Hibs games.

For those that haven't cancelled......

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I don't have Sky Sports, but the new deals with the dedicated channels got my attention. Football doesn't really interest me, but a dedicated golf channel was one I'd be interested in. It's about £18, then if you add another it's £22. The temptation is then there to get the football on the off chance of a game catching the eye. When it's then £28 or so for the whole sports package you might ask if for the sake of another few quid if you'd be just as well getting the whole thing.
    Simply a marketing tequnique to reel in new subscribers, so I'll just sit it out. Absolute certainty as soon as you subscribe to one sport channel they will be pestering over the blower in no time trying to persuade you to upgrade. I'll just stick to going to the golf clubhouse for the big events I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    I don't have Sky Sports, but the new deals with the dedicated channels got my attention. Football doesn't really interest me, but a dedicated golf channel was one I'd be interested in. It's about £18, then if you add another it's £22. The temptation is then there to get the football on the off chance of a game catching the eye. When it's then £28 or so for the whole sports package you might ask if for the sake of another few quid if you'd be just as well getting the whole thing.
    Simply a marketing tequnique to reel in new subscribers, so I'll just sit it out. Absolute certainty as soon as you subscribe to one sport channel they will be pestering over the blower in no time trying to persuade you to upgrade. I'll just stick to going to the golf clubhouse for the big events I think.
    I just literally got the sports added on tonight as I was advised to wait til they launched the existing customer offer.

£18 for 1 channel or £20 for all 7; Prem League, Football, Golf, F1, Arena, Cricket & Action.

1 click when in my online Sky account and it's all available to view after 1 minute. Brilliant service.

I ditched Sky when my sub went up to £60 a month. Took the line with them that it was unreasonable to expect an old age pensioner to pay £15 a week to put fuel in Wayne Rooney's limousine. Poor chap on the other end of the line didn't have a comeback to that one. Haven't missed it a bit.

I am putting the £60 in a tin and now have £780 salted away. Can feel a wee holiday coming on.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I just literally got the sports added on tonight as I was advised to wait til they launched the existing customer offer.

£18 for 1 channel or £20 for all 7; Prem League, Football, Golf, F1, Arena, Cricket & Action.

1 click when in my online Sky account and it's all available to view after 1 minute. Brilliant service.
    That looks a bit different to what I read. Mind you, I don't think I've met two folk who pay the same for their Sky packages!

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Was offered a "return to Sky" deal last summer - basic TV package and Sports in HD for £28.60 a month (60% off I believe). That was due to expire this month but was automatically extended "until 2020" so I am told - I'm out of contract now and on a month-to-month deal so will believe that when I see it. I've now started paying an extra £5 a month for Sky Go Extra so that my GF can use the PS4 to watch box sets in her flat and I can watch Sports on her projector when I'm over at hers!

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Also picked up Premier Sports HD for £25 for the year recently during a GAA promo they had on - wouldn't pay a monthly fee for it but £25 to see Rangers dumped out of Europe was worth it alone!

Finally dumped SKY SPORTS

Worrying about people losing there jobs in Sky is like worrying about HMV workers or telephone switchboard operators. It's creative destruction and it's going to happen no matter what.
    Sky sell a product for about £40-£100 (based on posts here) a month that anyone with an Internet connection can watch absolutely free. How long can that last? How long did CD's last when folk started downloading? It's the same thing.
    There is also the fact that because Netflix and Amazon are so cheap and have a massive amount of great content, that younger people are now sitting watching that rather than Stoke v Bournemouth at night.
    And as I say, it's available absolutely free to anyone who wants it. They are being out run by new technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Maybe you should start buying the Sun so they don't lose their jobs

Quote Originally Posted by PatHead View Post
    Maybe you should start buying the Sun so they don't lose their jobs
    Maybe you should stop trying to be a smart erse.

If you have an iPad or iPhone follow the instructions in the link below to get all your viewing needs

https://youtu.be/oPL8tsZEqUY