hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37
  1. #31
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by danhibees1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    A lot of establishment sheep on here refusing to think logically. If the world was round we'd just roll right of it - try pouring salt on to a football and see what happens.
    I don't think you have grasped the gravity of the situation.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    @hibs.net private member Higgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think you have grasped the gravity of the situation.

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,043
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Fleece View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think you have grasped the gravity of the situation.
    Yes, and how come the water swirls round the drain one way in UK and another way in Australia. Totally hate that when I am downing yard of ale.

  5. #34
    Gentleman of Leisure Doddie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    La Fuente de la Madre
    Age
    67
    Posts
    25,033
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, and how come the water swirls round the drain one way in UK and another way in Australia. Totally hate that when I am downing yard of ale.

    I don't think that's true.

    My drains it seems to depend on which side of the plug-hole the water's coming from ....

    Maybe it's just Australians being contrary and awkward like they always are?


    "Once one accepts that one has bear-hugged full-blown barking there is great comfort in the bright lights and noises of the wibble-wibble show ..."

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member GreenLake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    6,043
    There is a picture of Earth from Mars. If the earth is flat it's like a ten bob bit. That might upset the faction of rectangular flat earthers.

  7. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I don't think that's true.

    My drains it seems to depend on which side of the plug-hole the water's coming from ....

    Maybe it's just Australians being contrary and awkward like they always are?
    It's not true, unless you have a very large reservoir of motionless water and a very small plug hole at the bottom. Otherwise it will depend on where the water is coming from as you say.

    Re Australians being contrary and awkward, no comment...

  8. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, and how come the water swirls round the drain one way in UK and another way in Australia. Totally hate that when I am downing yard of ale.
    The coriolis effect is maybe what you are thinking of. Apparently sinks and toilets are too small to show the effect, but I distinctly remember a kids TV programme in the 90s, how2 or something, where the guy stepped either side of the equator holding a bucket of water, and the water drained in a vortex rotating in opposite directions from a hole in the bottom of the bucket. He then stood right on the equator and the water glugged rather than forming a vortex in either direction.

    Perhaps there is another name for this phenomenon as the article below describes that its not really the coriolis effect.

    https://stratus.ssec.wisc.edu/courses/gg101/coriolis/coriolis.html

    Edit: sorry on phone link not working.
    Last edited by beensaidbefore; 04-08-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved