hibs.net Messageboard

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar

Whittaker free kick V Craigroyston

Good to see that my memory is still intact ;)

Mentioned on the Whittaker signing thread I recalled this game and Whittys pace and goal from a free kick. It was busy at St Marks park i stood next to Jamsie for this one. Also recall Bobby coaching O'Connor through the game and encouraging him to bully the defence. Seem to recall someone (Fenwick) takinng a knock.

Anyone else got recollections of this game? Thomson couldnt have made much of an impression - striker?!

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/footba...trick-1-887499
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It was busy at St Marks park i stood next to Jamsie for this one.
    I remember that summer well - I was 22 and doing match reports for hibs.net at the time and covered almost the entire pre-season programme - St Marks Park, Victoria Park (Innerleithen for v Vale of Leithen) and a good few others. It was also the summer where I suffered the indignity of being chased around the touchline of the Edinburgh Academy playing fields by an irate Bobby Williamson during the closing stages of a bounce match v Stirling Albion for the crime of taking some digital photographs of a couple of trialists he was taking a look at!

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    I remember that summer well - I was 22 and doing match reports for hibs.net at the time and covered almost the entire pre-season programme - St Marks Park, Victoria Park (Innerleithen for v Vale of Leithen) and a good few others. It was also the summer where I suffered the indignity of being chased around the touchline of the Edinburgh Academy playing fields by an irate Bobby Williamson during the closing stages of a bounce match v Stirling Albion for the crime of taking some digital photographs of a couple of trialists he was taking a look at!

Had a good laugh at that, musta been some sight!

Looking at the team there and a few names stand out. Jonathon Baillie who played that blinder in the CIS quarter v Celtic but retired through injury. Alan Reid who picked up a fair few appearances and I see has been without a club for 5 years! Kevin Nicol - I think he went to Scanadavia. Think he was a bit of a very poor mans Kevin Thomson. Jay Sheilds who I remember affectionaly for his role in a derby win when we flew into every tackle and won the ball back from Hartley leading to a goal. Ally Brown and Steven Notman on the bench - did they ever get first team games ? Highly thought of at the time if I remember right.

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Lol! Did he catch you? ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Whatever happened to that striker Thomson?