hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve-O View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Telling us where all the ST money has gone. Not telling us how much they got for Cummings.
    We can see every year where the season ticket money goes, it's all accounted for.

By all accounts the clubs agreed that the Cummings fee would remain undisclosed (confirmed on the supporters' rep thread).

I'm not sure how either of your points demonstrate a lack of accountability, to be honest.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Betty Boop View Post
    Millionaires asking fans to put their hands in their pocket yet again. Why don't the Proclaimers put on a concert at Easter Road to raise cash ?
    How much have the Proclaimers put in?

There's some incredible over-reactions on here to what seems to be a commendable effot to raise money for our club.

If you don't want to donate, then don't. Nobody's forcing anybody.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by BouncerRoss View Post
    Horrendous timing. Very poor judgement from those involved. Has actually put me off investing further into HSL, perhaps an emotional overreaction.
    What's horrendous about the timing? Should they wait until after the transfer window? It's not like they're doing it on the back of some abysmal event. We've done well in pre-season, have made excellent signings so far, and let one key player go on the back of an agreement made when Cummings signed a contract extension to ensure we got some cash for him.

Very much an overreaction, imho.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenLake View Post
    I thought the purpose of HSL was to buy shares in the club. Why would they waste money on social events with bunting and refreshments? They put the money into share ownership and that's what has happened.

How many shares has FoH bought with the £5m handed over to their club?
    I wasn't referring to social events, I was referring to meetings to discuss plans, hear from group leaders, cast votes etc.

The members of FoH voted to delay the share purchases in order to support the club in the development of their new stand. HSL has been running for 2.5 years now and I don't think I have been consulted as a member of anything once in that time.

So which media outlet will be first to announce "Hibs fans turn back on club"?

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    There's some incredible over-reactions on here to what seems to be a commendable effot to raise money for our club.

"It'd be great if everyone could pitch in to get some more money into the club to help the manager and that."

"**** you, that's a disgraceful idea."

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    I wasn't referring to social events, I was referring to meetings to discuss plans, hear from group leaders, cast votes etc.

The members of FoH voted to delay the share purchases in order to support the club in the development of their new stand. HSL has been running for 2.5 years now and I don't think I have been consulted as a member of anything once in that time.
    What has happened that you should have been consulted on?

HSL was set up to raise money and buy shares with a long term view of having fan ownership.

At the moment they are raising funds and buying shared. That's their remit as things stand. There's nothing more to be consulted about as far as I can see.

Can't believe the negativity towards HSL. If you can afford a certain amount each month, great. If you can't, no problem.

However, why use it as a stick to beat the club with?! As has already been mentioned, hearts fans are contributing £1.25m per year to the club, on top of seasons and merchandising. That's pretty phenomenal (even taking into account when it was started) and is going to be a MASSIVE advantage for them in the long run if the current figures for both clubs is roughly maintained.

I wish we had 8000 punters contributing whst they can afford each month.
    Last edited by Lee Marvin; 17-07-2017 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post

"It'd be great if everyone could pitch in to get some more money into the club to help the manager and that."

"**** you, that's a disgraceful idea."
    The fans have already pitched in to record numbers in recent months though. Smashed season ticket sales targets. Highest first day sales of new strips.

HSL have one stated aim and that is to purchase shares. When enough shares are purchased to obtain a seat on the board they will consult members on matters requiring a vote. That's why members haven't been consulted yet.

£100,000 is enough to pay the salary of an extra first team player for next season. And that would be for a top player in our wage structure. That's what this is for.
    It entirely voluntary though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post
    Can't believe the negativity towards HSL. If you can afford a certain amount each month, great. If you can't, no problem.

However, why use it as a stick to heat the club with?! As has already been mentioned, hearts fans are contributing £1.25m per year to the club, on top of seasons and merchandising. That's pretty phenomenal (even taking into account when it was started) and is going to be a MASSIVE advantage for them in the long run of the current figures for both clubs is roughly maintained.

I have no problem with the model, I have concerns about the execution. In comparison with FoH, HSL appears wholly amateur.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Marvin View Post

However, why use it as a stick to heat the club with?! As has already been mentioned, hearts fans are contributing £1.25m per year to the club, on top of seasons and merchandising. That's pretty phenomenal (even taking into account when it was started) and is going to be a MASSIVE advantage for them in the long run of the current figures for both clubs is roughly maintained.

That along with Aberdeen's director boosting their money, we have sold fewer season tickets than Hearts and want to finish the season above then.

They have fund raising for their stand so that their transfer budget isn't impacted, and have loads of money going on through FoH.

That negates our session ticket sales and probably Cummings' fee if we're really wanting to compete.

Testimonial Due
    The fans have already pitched in to record numbers in recent months though. Smashed season ticket sales targets. Highest first day sales of new strips.
    And that is great, but what about fans like me who don't live near Edinburgh and don't want to buy a strip? HSL allows me to contribute and believe that is who is really targeted at.

It's not the club out with a begging bowl, someone at HSL has decided that now during transfer window is a good time for a push, some on here disagree and that's fine. I will continue my monthly payment as best way for me to support the club

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post

That's my view on it. I don't get the outrage tbh. These sort of things should be happening on a far more regular basis. The HSL scheme hasn't had anywhere near enough publicity as it should, lots of people don't even know it exists.
    Last edited by lord bunberry; 17-07-2017 at 10:47 AM.

United we stand here....

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Hearts have higher season ticket sales and had record sales of their strips afaik, and they have FoH.

We're not going to be able to compete with that without help.

Quote Originally Posted by ElginHibbie View Post
    And that is great, but what about fans like me who don't live near Edinburgh and don't want to buy a strip? HSL allows me to contribute and believe that is who is really targeted at.

It's not the club out with a begging bowl, someone at HSL has decided that now during transfer window is a good time for a push, some on here disagree and that's fine. I will continue my monthly payment as best way for me to support the club
    As I mentioned above, I have no issue with the HSL model and the aims it is trying to achieve - I am a member myself! I have issues with how it is being run/marketed.

I have no problem with the model, I have concerns about the execution. In comparison with FoH, HSL appears wholly amateur.
    Quite the opposite. FoH was set up to raise funds to buy shares in the club and doesn't seem to have spent one penny on shares to date. The reason they have at times consulted fans is that they keep diverting the funds to other causes due to the Hearts' continued financial mismanagement. HSL on the other hands has been buying shares with funds raised, which is edging Hibs closer towards fan ownership while also providing our manager with extra funds for the team. I know which one I prefer

So if HSL paid a couple of Directors and hired a PR company you'd be happy to hand over your cash?

Hearts have higher season ticket sales and had record sales of their strips afaik, and they have FoH.

I agree, I am in favour of HSL (I'm a member). I just don't think they are doing a great job on the marketing/engagement side of things.

As a membership group, surely the membership should be able to question how it is being run?

Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    So if HSL paid a couple of Directors and hired a PR company you'd be happy to hand over your cash?
    That's quite a leap from what I said, bravo.

There is a thread on brokeback just now discussing the impact of FOH once the stand is paid off and budgie I'd paid back. If they maintain their current numbers, they are going to have huge financial power over us again.

This is obviously ifs, buts and maybes however a genuine possibly if we don't not increase HSL membership significantly.

The timing IS a bit strange.

Words like horrendous are a bit ott but I question the wisdom in this plea, at this time.

We've sold record numbers of season tickets, we've sold one of our biggest assets and we're looking forward to the increased revenues that come as part of being a team in the top league.

Hibs should have a bundle of money burning a hole in their pocket right now.

Punters have dug deep to contribute to these record ST ticket sales. By getting the begging bowl out again (and whichever way we like to dress this up, that is essentially what it is) then people will be justified in asking where the last lot of money went?

If this had been in the days after we'd announced a big name striker, I'd maybe understand.

But the timing seems strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Words like horrendous are a bit ott but I question the wisdom in this plea, at this time.

We've sold record numbers of season tickets, we've sold one of our biggest assets and we're looking forward to the increased revenues that come as part of being a team in the top league.

Punters have dug deep to contribute to these record ST ticket sales. By getting the begging bowl out again (and whichever way we like to dress this up, that is essentially what it is) then people will be justified in asking where the last lot of money went?

If this had been in the days after we'd announced a big name striker, I'd maybe understand.

Not many beggars give you a football club in return for money.

I agree, I am in favour of HSL (I'm a member). I just don't think they are doing a great job on the marketing/engagement side of things.

As a membership group, surely the membership should be able to question how it is being run?
    Absolutely agree. There will be elections coming up soon I think so that should engage the membership and also give the chance for those among the support who have the knowledge and experience in things like marketing etc to step up.

What % of overall Hibs shares do HSL currently hold, and what is the % threshold to achieve a seat on the board?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

HSL isn't the club. Record season ticket sales have nothing to do with HSL. Our main rivals hearts and the sheep have money coming into the club outwith what they generate themselves. Like it or not, to be competitive we need to do the same.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by Zondervan View Post
    What % of overall Hibs shares do HSL currently hold, and what is the % threshold to achieve a seat on the board?

Not sure if the current percentage but HSL get a seat on the board at 20%.

Testimonial Due

Still be at the club, unless we have given Whittaker a hell of a signing on bonus.